2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

Post by SG90 »

Confirmed:

In: Jack Harrison (Man City, season long loan), Ben White (Brighton, season long loan), Jack Clarke (Tottenham, season long loan), Helder Costa (Wolves, season long loan), Rafa Mujica (Barcelona, free), Liam McCarron (Carlisle, £250k).

Out: Paudie O'Connor (Bradford, free), Hugo Diaz (released), Jay-Roy Grot (Vitesse, loan), Jack Clarke (Tottenham, £9m), Aapo Halme (Barnsley, undisclosed), Mallik Wilks (Barnsley, undisclosed), Pontus Jansson (Brentford, £5.5m), Tyler Denton (Stevenage, undisclosed), Sam Dalby (Watford, undisclosed), Samu Saiz (Girona, £2.5m), Oriol Rey (Valladolid, undisclosed), Oliver Sarkic (Burton, undisclosed), Hadi Sacko (Denizlispor, undisclosed), Bailey Peacock-Farrell (Burnley, £2.5m), Caleb Ekuban (Trabzonspor, £1m), Yosuke Ideguchi (Gamba Osaka, undisclosed).

I thought I'd start a new thread for next season given the transfer rumours will start now.

First player we've been linked with is Rafa Mujica on a free from Barcelona B, a 20-year-old winger with 7 goals in 33 appearances this season.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/player-offers ... er-talked/

https://app.football-espana.net/?referr ... pana-78234

Barcelona's website describes him as:
"Mujica is a tall striker but also a mobile one and one who can create space with his movement. Despite being a forward, he works hard in defence and is often the first to put pressure on the opposing defence. " Sounds about right for the team.

Not sure whether it's a first team or u23 signing, I'd hope for the former really.
Last edited by SG90 on Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:07 am, edited 15 times in total.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: 2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

Post by Cjay »

With FFP resetting if Bielsa is to stay imo Radz has to back him massively.

Go back in for Dan James.
Go in for a proven goalscorer, Maupay, Adams etc.

We were linked to Pompey captain Matt Clarke who is widely regarded as one of the best cbs in the EFL.and only 22.

We need to go for top top quality imo if Bielsa is to stay.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Would love Che Adams as he can play the 10 role. Adams is top of my wish list, the best player I saw play against us this season
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Not sure with Mujica as the Barcelona side he plays for play in the Spanish 3rd division. I saw a Spanish second division game a couple of years back and I wouldn't say that standard was as good as our championship so for me he is playing at League 1 or League 2 standard. As such doubt he would be first team standard but having not seen him play I couldn't really pass judgement - however given how much improvement Bielsa got from the players he inherited then it may be that he could become good enough.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

weasel wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:32 pm Not sure with Mujica as the Barcelona side he plays for play in the Spanish 3rd division. I saw a Spanish second division game a couple of years back and I wouldn't say that standard was as good as our championship so for me he is playing at League 1 or League 2 standard. As such doubt he would be first team standard but having not seen him play I couldn't really pass judgement - however given how much improvement Bielsa got from the players he inherited then it may be that he could become good enough.
The thing is though, Barcelona B aren't your average third tier team as the youth graduate to the first team and regularly train with the first team. In fact, Mujica trains with the first team a bit and Barcelona fans were wanting him to get a chance with the seniors. Could be another hidden gem, especially on a free. But we have enough u23s now, so hopefully it will be first team.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Samu Saiz being linked with Valencia for £5.5m. That'd be a very good move for him given they could be in the Champions League, shows how well we did to spot him.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

L'Equipe linking us with Yoann Barbet on a free from Brentford.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Wondering if we could pick up a few out of contract players to bolster the squad. Or experienced Loanees

Again it is the wages that will be the factor, but I really think we need to aquire some older, more experienced players to get us through the season. Sturridge has already been out on loan maybe if we could do a deal on wages players with his quality could come help us out.

I know MB likes the younger players who he can develop but his job here is to get us promoted.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

The loan market is crucial for us. Blunts, Derby, West Brom and Villa are all carried by loans. I'm not saying a whole team's worth, but just one quality loan who will make a huge difference.
Newport white
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Newport white »

Leroy Fer being released by Swansea, he bossed the midfield against us last season, if fit and it’s a big if he is a quality player
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Personally I'd like us to go after 2 players we have been linked with before 1 of whom Bielsa apparently personally went to scout back in 2018.

1) Justin James- Young Luton right back who also can play as a left back and has played centre midfield, right wing and left wing. Been a key part of both Lutons promotion winning squads, league 2 and 1 last season, also named in the PFA League 1 team of the year (Bielsa went to watch him earlier this season).

2) Matt Clarke- 22 a year older then James. Portsmouth Cb who like James was named in the League 1 team of the year and was a key part of Portsmouth's promotion winning side last year a playoff qualifying side this year.

Think we should be looking at cherry picking the best players in league 1 something we dont do and something that ironically played a large part in us being knocked out of the playoffs (Jack Marriott was league 1 top scorer last season).

We cant/wont afford the best players in the Championship so why not pick up the best talents in the league below?

And the two players mentioned are only 21 and 22 respectively so plenty of time to grow and already have proven themselves to be very decent players.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:22 pm Personally I'd like us to go after 2 players we have been linked with before 1 of whom Bielsa apparently personally went to scout back in 2018.

1) Justin James- Young Luton right back who also can play as a left back and has played centre midfield, right wing and left wing. Been a key part of both Lutons promotion winning squads, league 2 and 1 last season, also named in the PFA League 1 team of the year (Bielsa went to watch him earlier this season).

2) Matt Clarke- 22 a year older then James. Portsmouth Cb who like James was named in the League 1 team of the year and was a key part of Portsmouth's promotion winning side last year a playoff qualifying side this year.

Think we should be looking at cherry picking the best players in league 1 something we dont do and something that ironically played a large part in us being knocked out of the playoffs (Jack Marriott was league 1 top scorer last season).

We cant/wont afford the best players in the Championship so why not pick up the best talents in the league below?

And the two players mentioned are only 21 and 22 respectively so plenty of time to grow and already have proven themselves to be very decent players.
Are they any better than what we have in our u23s? League 1 is poor compared to the Championship, look how strong Barnsley and Sunderland are.

My dream signing is Andre-Pierre Gignac. He's a natural goalscorer, had his best season at Marseille under Bielsa and wouldn't s**t himself under the expectation and pressure. Wages may be an issue, but at 33 he won't be too expensive.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 10:09 pm Are they any better than what we have in our u23s? League 1 is poor compared to the Championship, look how strong Barnsley and Sunderland are.

My dream signing is Andre-Pierre Gignac. He's a natural goalscorer, had his best season at Marseille under Bielsa and wouldn't s**t himself under the expectation and pressure. Wages may be an issue, but at 33 he won't be too expensive.
Our u23s are totally unproven largely.

Wilks has done well in league 1, people want him to be given a chance and Clarke and James outshone and outperformed him so why not take a chance?

Hasnt Gignac been scoring goals for fun in Mexico?

Good player but i had a google he is on north of £50k a week, no chance imo.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:28 am Our u23s are totally unproven largely.

Wilks has done well in league 1, people want him to be given a chance and Clarke and James outshone and outperformed him so why not take a chance?

Hasnt Gignac been scoring goals for fun in Mexico?

Good player but i had a google he is on north of £50k a week, no chance imo.
The difference is academy players don't cost us money, so worth the risk. Might be spending money on players who are no better than what we have.

Yeah wages would be an issue, but I reckon he'd get 30 goals in the Championship easily. He is lethal.

He's on €1m a year currently, not sure how that works as a weekly wage, but the fee would not be high.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:31 am The difference is academy players don't cost us money, so worth the risk. Might be spending money on players who are no better than what we have.

Yeah wages would be an issue, but I reckon he'd get 30 goals in the Championship easily. He is lethal.
Sometimes its worth the risk though, over the years we have failed to do that and missed put on Charlie Austin, Jamie Vardy, Ollie Watkins, for once I'd like us to be brave.

Why not, we have tried foreign, we have tried proven Championship players, may as well try something else.

Probably would if his legs are still up to it, hypothetical of course but i dont know what the standard in Mexico is like, probably not great.

Remember when he was in France in his mid to late 20s being linked to Manure and Liverpool and them sort of teams.

But 34 in December, even if he has maintained his talent the Championship playing BielsaBall is a long hard slog.

Would his legs be up to that anymore?

Certainly be an exciting signing despite his age and there is no suggestion we would even be interested but that would be my worry.

Getting on, playing in probably a poorer standard league for some time now, may not be the player he was.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:48 am Sometimes its worth the risk though, over the years we have failed to do that and missed put on Charlie Austin, Jamie Vardy, Ollie Watkins, for once I'd like us to be brave.

Why not, we have tried foreign, we have tried proven Championship players, may as well try something else.

Probably would if his legs are still up to it, hypothetical of course but i dont know what the standard in Mexico is like, probably not great.

Remember when he was in France in his mid to late 20s being linked to Manure and Liverpool and them sort of teams.

But 34 in December, even if he has maintained his talent the Championship playing BielsaBall is a long hard slog.

Would his legs be up to that anymore?

Certainly be an exciting signing despite his age and there is no suggestion we would even be interested but that would be my worry.

Getting on, playing in probably a poorer standard league for some time now, may not be the player he was.
The top sides like Leon, Tigres, America would be top half of the PL, whereas the smaller ones would be Championship level. But the standard of football would be higher than the Championship, no Pulisball.

He's certainly the kind of player we need, an experienced campaigner to help carry the team and command the dressing room. Like Pablo Hernandez, but with less importance to the play, he just has to stay forward and finish, rather than track back and have massive amounts of running.

But it's all hypothetical anyway, as I doubt we're even interested. :cry:
Auusie Pride
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Auusie Pride »

YEP reporting Bournemouth are keen on Phillips. I imagine a few clubs will test our resolve with some of our key players.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

The Scum claiming Man City want £20m for Jack Harrison :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Turkish media linking us with Florian Aye from Clermont Foot, along with West Ham, Southampton and Fenerbahce. He scored 18 goals in Ligue 2 and is a 22 year old striker.

https://tbrfootball.com/report-leeds-ri ... l-striker/
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Reminds me of Tresor Kandol
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"