Liam Cooper

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Liam Cooper

Post by SG90 »

There's no doubt Liam has talent and can play well, but unfortunately it's only 15-20 games a season. He started well under TC before his customary red card at Cardiff and he turned into a liability. But yesterday was his best game in a LUFC shirt.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

:
1964white wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:49 pm Agree totally Cjay :tup:
Still prefer he was a backup.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Gotta say i think Cooper has been brilliant last few games.

Keep it up Captain
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:04 pm Gotta say i think Cooper has been brilliant last few games.

Keep it up Captain
Captain Chaos has done very well

Pontus has been even better in the last two games
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Nice to have a defence.
hector

Post by hector »

Norm wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:30 am Nice to have a defence.
That is just what I said to the judge :shock: :shock:

:)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

1964white wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:44 pm Captain Chaos has done very well

Pontus has been even better in the last two games
I see you're persisting with this tag, Leon. A touch unfair, in my view, Cooper has been very solid this season. No-one in the defence has been faultless, but Liam has been as consistent as all the others. He might prove me wrong but, so far, he's cut out the rash challenges (admittedly, he did get away with at least one against Boro) and the silly errors; for me, he's leading by example.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Agreed. I thought he was poor V Boro but probably needed an on form Pontus back. Now he has and things look rock solid
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Been on the receiving end of a lot of praise has Liam

And he has deserved it.

However!!!!!!

I can occasionally accept a player missing free headers (Liam does it to often imo).

I can accept a player being pressed into a mistake.

I cant accept a Captain totally missing a ball unchallenged and forcing his young gk to bail him out.

One mistake is bad enough.

But his part in the penalty was disgusting for a player at this level imo.

You cant be so careless and he owes BPF a huge apology.

Liam has been very good recently.

But when a bit of pressure comes, he folded, that wasnt good enough.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:06 am I see you're persisting with this tag, Leon. A touch unfair, in my view, Cooper has been very solid this season. No-one in the defence has been faultless, but Liam has been as consistent as all the others. He might prove me wrong but, so far, he's cut out the rash challenges (admittedly, he did get away with at least one against Boro) and the silly errors; for me, he's leading by example.
Just my pet name for him Nick & my god at times he was chaotic :( Pontus, Coops & Phillips are our best three in the CB positions so I expect all will be rosy again in our next game at Ewood Park

I did say Cooper has done well this season & he wasn't the only one guilty of making errors occurring all over the park yesterday

Cooper, Dallas, Ayling, Harrison, Saiz were all poor so to grab a draw with so many under-par & the injuries to key players is nothing short of remarkable.

Without Pontus we'd have lost that game, just goes to show form is temporary class is permanent
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

1964white wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:27 pm Just my pet name for him Nick & my god at times he was chaotic :( Pontus, Coops & Phillips are our best three in the CB positions so I expect all will be rosy again in our next game at Ewood Park

I did say Cooper has done well this season & he wasn't the only one guilty of making errors occurring all over the park yesterday

Cooper, Dallas, Ayling, Harrison, Saiz were all poor so to grab a draw with so many under-par & the injuries to key players is nothing short of remarkable.

Without Pontus we'd have lost that game, just goes to show form is temporary class is permanent
Didn't have a good game on Saturday, Leon, of that there's no doubt. But, as you say, he wasn't alone in that. He's been consistent for most of the season so far, is naturally left footed and seems to have the respect of the dressing room. I personally think he's a good captain, though I do recognise that he is no Pontus in terms of ability
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cooper has been one of our most improved players this season

Coops will realise he's has a bad day at the office, he'll return stronger for that experience

We'll desperately need our leader big-time if Pontus is crocked for a few games
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:30 pm Cooper has been one of our most improved players this season

Coops will realise he's has a bad day at the office, he'll return stronger for that experience

We'll desperately need our leader big-time if Pontus is crocked for a few games
Been a big critic of Liam but he has been much improved.

Today however we needed a leader, a big performance and he let the side down today, very much at fault for the goal and in the lead up for the Casilla sending off.

Dont want to be to harsh but this was our most important game so far and our Captain was poor.
Signed

King Cjay

gessa

Post by gessa »

Non of us will hurting as much as him tonight.

He'll know he made a big mistake, weel 2, but if we'd have took the first half chances, it wouldn't have mattered but he won't be thinking that.
Feel for him, his heart and soul is in this club.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

gessa wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:14 pm Non of us will hurting as much as him tonight.

He'll know he made a big mistake, weel 2, but if we'd have took the first half chances, it wouldn't have mattered but he won't be thinking that.
Oh ges, nicely put....
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

gessa wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:14 pm Non of us will hurting as much as him tonight.

100% agree.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

leic white 63 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:42 am 100% agree.
Totally agree if we’d have taken one of our many chances his mistakes wouldn’t have mattered and this season he’s been a rock at the back
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

The twitter keyboard warriors (arseholes) went to town on Liam after the game, usual 'never rated him' BS, so I'm pleased to see that hasn't happened here. Nobody will be more conscious than him that he had a bad game, loves this club and has been a brilliant captain on and off the field all season. s**t happens, he'll come back stronger for it.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Well said Gessa
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

lufc1304 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:07 pm The twitter keyboard warriors (arseholes) went to town on Liam after the game, usual 'never rated him' BS, so I'm pleased to see that hasn't happened here. Nobody will be more conscious than him that he had a bad game, loves this club and has been a brilliant captain on and off the field all season. s**t happens, he'll come back stronger for it.
Tbf i think most sensible fans can agree he has largely played well this season.

Issue for me is like i said before he like others have been playing above there natural talent level, MB has got that out of him.

Unfortunately there will come occasions where Liam reverts to what i consider his natural level which is a very average Championship cb, with that comes the mistakes we saw yesterday.

As long as he comes back stronger like the majority of this season then it will be ok but if his confidence is severely dented the concern is he will revert to the Liam Cooper of old and that player isnt promotion standard imo.
Signed

King Cjay