Leeds Utd v Sheffield Utd Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Scoreline : Leeds Utd v Sheffield Utd

Poll ended at Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:44 pm

0-0
10%
1-1
10%
2-2
10%
3-3 or higher
No votes
1-0
No votes
2-0
No votes
2-1
30%
3-1
20%
3-2
No votes
0-1
No votes
0-2
10%
1-2
No votes
1-3
10%
2-3
No votes

Total votes: 10

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Sheffield Utd Match Thread

Post by Irish Ian »

I think the first 15 minutes could be key tomorrow.

It's been a fortnight since that wonderful night and since then it has been 6 points on the road, no goals against and crucially an early goal in the last three games.

If we are quickest out if the blocks tomorrow I think the anxiety will dissipate and with such a noisy crowd roaring the team on we could easily control the rest of the game.

Start like we did against Norwich and we could be in a big hole.

Timing in the tackle, no diving in, stay on your feet. The ref is Mr Coote whose favourite who likes to wave his cards around it seems. Liam Cooper was on the receiving end last season in a game some feel the ref struggled to control.

Only 12hrs left and I'm getting nervous...
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Blades like us are rock solid at home.

We were even till they played one game more.

Not quite as good away, not bad at all but not as good.

Huge game.

When we beat WBA they were the best away side in the league, we will need to repeat that performance.

Come out of the traps like a bullet, get in there faces same as WBA, no half measures dont let players like Duffy and Norwood settle, thats exactly what we did in the away fixture, selective pressing, press the life out of there key players while letting less dangerous players have time
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

All of the above + composure which they do lack at times. Also need to get shots on target and make the keeper work. This will be a cup final atmosphere and I'm sure MB will have them thoroughly prepared. It's a good 'pointer' to see how the team handles the occasion should Leeds only make the playoffs.... God forbid ! Come through this without losing and I'll have every confidence in them if the playoffs are final outcome.
wilsdenwhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by wilsdenwhite »

The weather forecast is absolutely atrocious for all day tomorrow in LS11. It looks like it's going to be a battle the players just staying on their feet.
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Anybody notice that Bielsa did not give out his starting team for this game.
I think he has been waiting for this game to go quiet. I think it must be rather
unsettling for the opposition not to know if he is going to pull an unexpected
Izzy Brown from his sleeve :-)
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

wilsdenwhite wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:01 pm The weather forecast is absolutely atrocious for all day tomorrow in LS11. It looks like it's going to be a battle the players just staying on their feet.
Tyoical Leeds weather then :)

Also if it is heavy underfoot then hopefully our lads fitness levels may come into play , especially if some of the blades lads will be feeling it after playing for an hour with 10 men on Tuesday.

What does worry me is that the ball will be in the air a lot I haven't been able to trust Kiko coming for crosses.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

rab_rant wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:06 pm Anybody notice that Bielsa did not give out his starting team for this game.
I think he has been waiting for this game to go quiet. I think it must be rather
unsettling for the opposition not to know if he is going to pull an unexpected
Izzy Brown from his sleeve :-)
Noticed that too, but I think it was because thankfully no-one asked him.

Izzys extra height will come in useful tomorrow but who can you leave out?
'
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

He might be waiting on Clarkey more than Browne. To have both of these and Shacks on the bench makes a strong squad. Just wish there was better backup for Bamford as without him Leeds are lightweight especially with no Roofe to come on.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:22 pm Noticed that too, but I think it was because thankfully no-one asked him.

Izzys extra height will come in useful tomorrow but who can you leave out?
Bielsa is being a little bit Fast Show, a little bit Wooooo and little bit Waaaay
When you just think you got him sussed, when you think he is predictable
he throws a curved ball, he pulls a fast one, he is up a tree tapping his nose
and saying "you ain't seen me.. he lets one rip in the general direction of
Wilder, who has been trying to play the old red nose Fergie with the mind
games, trying to get Marcello to do a Keegan, but Marcello with a stonewall
poker face is holding 4 aces close to his chest and telling everybody that
he has learnt so much from Wilder and how much he respects the Blades,
and all the while, though silent and thoughtful on the outside, he is
dancing around on the inside, and sniggering like a naughty schoolboy.
He will blow his nose a second time at the EFL. He will get a give Shawn Harvey
a wedgie and give a 2 hour power point presentation on how he meticulously
planed the attack on Haveey's misbegotten soiled underwear, and finally
in the after match press conference he will break into perfect English and say
Oi!!!! You!!!! Harvey!!! SHUT IT!!!!!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Or there's an injury niggle he's waiting on
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

faaip wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:55 pm Or there's an injury niggle he's waiting on
Rabs theory is a lot more entertaining :)

(and less worrying)
'
wilsdenwhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by wilsdenwhite »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:18 pm Tyoical Leeds weather then :)

Also if it is heavy underfoot then hopefully our lads fitness levels may come into play , especially if some of the blades lads will be feeling it after playing for an hour with 10 men on Tuesday.

What does worry me is that the ball will be in the air a lot I haven't been able to trust Kiko coming for crosses.
I've been pretty happy with Kiko thus far. But there are no doubt still some questions which may well be answered tomorrow. The fitness aspect is a good point and yes I agree it should be advantage us. I wonder if MB factors in the weather? Silly question really he probably gets detailed satellite charts direct from the Met Office!

This could be one of those games rather like the reverse fixture where one mistake is all it takes.
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

rab_rant wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:46 pm Bielsa is being a little bit Fast Show, a little bit Wooooo and little bit Waaaay
When you just think you got him sussed, when you think he is predictable
he throws a curved ball, he pulls a fast one, he is up a tree tapping his nose
and saying "you ain't seen me.. he lets one rip in the general direction of
Wilder, who has been trying to play the old red nose Fergie with the mind
games, trying to get Marcello to do a Keegan, but Marcello with a stonewall
poker face is holding 4 aces close to his chest and telling everybody that
he has learnt so much from Wilder and how much he respects the Blades,
and all the while, though silent and thoughtful on the outside, he is
dancing around on the inside, and sniggering like a naughty schoolboy.
He will blow his nose a second time at the EFL. He will get a give Shawn Harvey
a wedgie and give a 2 hour power point presentation on how he meticulously
planed the attack on Haveey's misbegotten soiled underwear, and finally
in the after match press conference he will break into perfect English and say
Oi!!!! You!!!! Harvey!!! SHUT IT!!!!!
That's what it's all about isn't it? Hmm. Small boys in the park. Jumpers for goalposts.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

mothbanquet wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:42 pm That's what it's all about isn't it? Hmm. Small boys in the park. Jumpers for goalposts.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Would very much doubt Brown comes into the starting equation considering he played 120 minutes last night in the U23 Cup match. Clarke and Shackleton both ended up playing 75 minutes too so wouldn't expect to see them apart from as possible late subs.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

wilsdenwhite wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:26 pm I've been pretty happy with Kiko thus far. But there are no doubt still some questions which may well be answered tomorrow. The fitness aspect is a good point and yes I agree it should be advantage us. I wonder if MB factors in the weather? Silly question really he probably gets detailed satellite charts direct from the Met Office!

This could be one of those games rather like the reverse fixture where one mistake is all it takes.
Wait, he sends spies to the met office to gain unfair weather advantage? ...Can't be legal
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Today's the day! Anyone else bricking it?
gessa

Post by gessa »

I think the pressures on them, we win they are 5 points behind, lose and we're still only 1 behind, they need to win more than we do but they'd be very happy with a draw, think it will be an exciting attacking game,. Don't feel anxious at all tbh more concerned with Preston away than this game .
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

mothbanquet wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:44 am Today's the day! Anyone else bricking it?
Yeah the nerves are building and the dinner I just had is in knots.
I think a Draw is a minimum as we maintain the upper hand, I do feel there is going to be some surprising upsets from now till end of season.
A loss tonight won't define the top 2 but if we win potentially we can wrap it up in 4 games time IMO.
I'm so pumped but so nervous.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

A walk in the park this game. Leeds will piss it. It's just the fans who are nervous but remember...at the worst we'll end the day just 1 point behind.