Emi Buendia

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Emi Buendia

Post by Cjay »

We were linked with him for ages.

How the hell did we not get him?

The one good player that crappy Spanish team had (on loan) and we missed out.

How?

Wouldn't swap him for Pablo, wouldn't swap anyone for Pablo but he is a talented young man.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
wilsdenwhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Emi Buendia

Post by wilsdenwhite »

From HITC: According to the Sun (17 September 2017), Leeds were keen to bring Buendia to England A YEAR AGO with the little schemer shining on loan at The Whites’ Spanish sister club Cultural Leonesa.

How did we not get him?

Cellino either didn't rate him or didn't want to cough up.
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Always tricky to know if we were really after him or not - we were linked with so many players where there was no real evidence that we wanted them. If Saiz had been sold in the summer he may have been on the list of replacements but with Saiz not going we didn't really need that type of player. Obviously in hindsight it would have been a good signing but equally if circumstances with Saiz's personal life had been different we may well have seen the Saiz of early 2017-2018 and seen him getting double figures for goals and assists.

When we go up with Sheff U and Norwich lose in the play offs we can probably buy him from them quite cheaply.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

If we are insistent on going domestic, is he the best option for our number 10/ winger chase?

Already proven he can compete in the Premier League.

18th best for big chances created in the Premier League last season.

4th for Chances created overall with 83 (De Bruyne got 136, Grealish got 91, Trent Alexander- Arnold got 87) Buendia played the least amount of minutes of all the top 10 on that list. Nearly 800minutes less then Grealish, 300 less then KDB and 700 less then TAA.

Apparently doesnt get on with Farke so probably be quite keen to leave.

Phil Hay has said we do like him.

Wouldnt be cheap but neither would Eze or Benrahma. Eze is by far my favourite Championship player but Buendia seems more logical?
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I wouldn't call him domestic ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

We were interested when he was at Cultural, but we were put off by reports of a bad attitude. Once bitten , twice shy after Saiz. He has since fallen out with Farke at Norwich, and spent the last half of this season on the bench. Anyway, rumour that Atletico are interested, and I doubt we could match their offer. I would much prefer Eze at QPR, although Wet Sham are interested as well, and would probably pay the £20 million that QPR are asking. Not sure that he is worth that much.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Not for me. Will be far too overpriced. Plus he seems to have a discipline problem. Got sent off the other day for an elbow and I remember he was sent off last season when they were winning 4-0.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

not for me either, in and out of a rock bottom norwich side although clearly has some talent
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Probably wouldn't get on with Bielsa, no for me
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

That's told him then.

Next...
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

faaip wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:11 pm Probably wouldn't get on with Bielsa, no for me
If Bielsa feels he can manage him he could well be signed, he does fit the bill for using on numerous fronts so he’s bound to be on the radar. If Bielsa feels there could be an attitude issue he won’t touch him with a barge pole. All Leeds transfer business is behind a veil for the most part in recent times so we just won’t know until the last minute. All the click bait on who we are interested could wreck your head at the moment. We need to take a deep breath and let them at it.

At the end of the day Bielsa’s next contract is based on Orta’s ability to sign what he’s asked for. So that will concentrate minds on key targets very quickly.

You have to think that Bielsa went to Goodison park for a very good reason. A key transfer will come from that outing. Take your pick as to who the target was.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Boo Radley wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:37 pm If Bielsa feels he can manage him he could well be signed, he does fit the bill for using on numerous fronts so he’s bound to be on the radar. If Bielsa feels there could be an attitude issue he won’t touch him with a barge pole. All Leeds transfer business is behind a veil for the most part in recent times so we just won’t know until the last minute. All the click bait on who we are interested could wreck your head at the moment. We need to take a deep breath and let them at it.

At the end of the day Bielsa’s next contract is based on Orta’s ability to sign what he’s asked for. So that will concentrate minds on key targets very quickly.

You have to think that Bielsa went to Goodison park for a very good reason. A key transfer will come from that outing. Take your pick as to who the target was.
Calvert-Lewin maybe?
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Norwich will let him leave and Buendia apparently has his sights set on a Premier league return.

Makes any Premier league club favourite even over Valencia and Atletico Madrid.

Norwich looking for a fee in the region of £20mil.

Id take him, big fan, clearly talented (holds the Premier league record for most chances created in a calender month).

Attitude is questionable but if anyone can fix him its MB, if like a lot of Argies he idolises MB then hopefully he would curb his behaviour.

Id prefer Almada but id rather spend £18-20mil on Buendia who has shown he can compete in the Prem then risk £25mil on Benrahma.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:42 pm Norwich will let him leave and Buendia apparently has his sights set on a Premier league return.

Id take him, big fan, clearly talented (holds the Premier league record for most chances created in a calender month).

Attitude is questionable but if anyone can fix him its MB, if like a lot of Argies he idolises MB then hopefully he would curb his behaviour.

Id prefer Almada but id rather spend £18-20mil on Buendia who has shown he can compete in the Prem then risk £25mil on Benrahma.
JKA and PJ would suggest otherwise. We buy him and he is a pain then it's 20M wasted as it might be on JKA. I doubt MB looks carefully at attitude problems when he does his scouting.
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Cjay wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:42 pm Norwich will let him leave and Buendia apparently has his sights set on a Premier league return.

Absolutely agree. Has to be my #1 target for that CAM role. Looks the absolute business and I agree that Bielsa can sort his attitude out.

Plus, it shouldn’t be too hard to convince him to move. Currently lives in Norwich, which surely makes Leeds look as attractive as San Francisco or Sydney.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:01 pm JKA and PJ would suggest otherwise. We buy him and he is a pain then it's 20M wasted as it might be on JKA. I doubt MB looks carefully at attitude problems when he does his scouting.
Tbf PJ has spoken very positively about MB and about how he helped him. Jansson has been a leader for Brentford this season so maybe in hindsight MB did help him?

JKA i give you but cant fix everyone and i doubt Buendia would be as unmatch fit as JKA which was part of the issue.

He fixed Payet who was close to wasting his talent until MB came along.

Alexis Sanchez to.

Some players and managers just clash, maybe Farke and Buendia are like that.
Signed

King Cjay

mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Cjay wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:10 pm If we are insistent on going domestic, is he the best option for our number 10/ winger chase?

Already proven he can compete in the Premier League.

18th best for big chances created in the Premier League last season.

4th for Chances created overall with 83 (De Bruyne got 136, Grealish got 91, Trent Alexander- Arnold got 87) Buendia played the least amount of minutes of all the top 10 on that list. Nearly 800minutes less then Grealish, 300 less then KDB and 700 less then TAA.

Apparently doesnt get on with Farke so probably be quite keen to leave.

Phil Hay has said we do like him.

Wouldnt be cheap but neither would Eze or Benrahma. Eze is by far my favourite Championship player but Buendia seems more logical?
Agree, I think he'd be a good shout. Imagine those chance creation stats under Bielsaball...
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

mothbanquet wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:21 pm Agree, I think he'd be a good shout. Imagine those chance creation stats under Bielsaball...
With dear Paddy & goal shy Jack on the end of them :(
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

1964white wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:42 pm With dear Paddy & goal shy Jack on the end of them :(
I think Jack will be just fine. There was a such a marked improvement between his first season and second, and I think he'll keep going on an upward trajectory. Considering how many times he hit the woodwork, we're only talking a slight improvement to make a big difference and I'm confident that'll be the case.

Paddy on the other hand, I think he's as good as he's going to be but I think we'll be more likely see someone else up front for most of next season.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Looks like Villa and Arsenal fighting it out for Buendia, a fee of around £40mil being touted.

It will confuse me till the day i die, what was the point of that Cultural Leonese link up nonsense? Never gets mentioned anymore.

It will also confuse me how Orta and company failed to spot how talented Buendia was and dallied and hesitated while Norwich snapped him up. Even Stuart Webber said basically Buendia was ours if we wanted him but we hesitated and they didnt.

Very gifted player, we let him slip through our fingers twice now, he isnt worth the £40mil now to risky but we ballsed this up years ago.
Signed

King Cjay