IS schoolgirl

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

IS schoolgirl

Post by 1964white »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47229181

Wants to return to the UK because she is pregnant

No way Jose, she made her bed

No doubt she would instil terrorist traits into her sprog

I have absolutely no sympathy for her case
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: IS schoolgirl

Post by Ratscoot »

Saw it on the BBC this morning she even says she did the right thing by going and has no regrets but she’s lost two of her kids due to illness so wants this next one here in the UK were it will be looked after properly..... really I just love these people who slate the UK/Western World and would much rather be anywhere else but then I’m I’ll or my kids are ill can we come back and use the NHS have a council house and sponge off the state you evil western bastards
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

She was 15 when she made her decision to go, so I have some sympathy. Whether she could be 'deradicalised' and kept safe is another issue.

The UK doesn't even meet its responsibilities to genuine refugees, or indeed, to homeless British kids, so I wouldn't hold my breath if I were her.

Her perspective is interesting though, that she was prepared sacrifice everything, but came to see the caliphate as moribund and corrupt. Maybe she would have something to offer if she came back; who knows, it's like Gollum, innit.

The more likely outcome is that she and her child would just be a focal point for right wing idiots, which benefits nobody.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I find it strange that the government can close down any streaming or torrenting sites very quickly, but can't do anything to ban these extremist sites that radicalise the young.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

I'm sure IS will give her one of those 'special vests' to wear if she tries to leave Syria.
Apparently one of the 3 girls who left the UK to join IS was killed in an air strike.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

When I was that age, the silliest thing a girl did was get pregnant. Seems quaint now.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Difficult one, she was 15 and conditioned, expecting to know her mind at that age is a reach and I'd imagine she was conditioned. I'd show compassion and allow her back in taking her passport and keeping a very tight watch on her affairs subsequently. As far as we know the only thing she's been guilty of is stupidity.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

let the bitch rot there.
not a school girl anymore its a woman carrying a mass murderer and serial rapists piglet.
both should be put down . be two less to worry about.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

faaip wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:01 pm Difficult one, she was 15 and conditioned, expecting to know her mind at that age is a reach and I'd imagine she was conditioned. I'd show compassion and allow her back in taking her passport and keeping a very tight watch on her affairs subsequently. As far as we know the only thing she's been guilty of is stupidity.
I think 'not being fazed' by seeing decapitated heads in a bin is a bit more than just stupidity
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Chilli D wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:30 pm I think 'not being fazed' by seeing decapitated heads in a bin is a bit more than just stupidity
Difficult to argue tbh but I'm not arrogant enough to consider I understand the full facts or motivations.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:30 pm I think 'not being fazed' by seeing decapitated heads in a bin is a bit more than just stupidity
It just goes to show she has little heart

That scenario would appall & shock me terribly.

As a 19yo it would have probably wrecked & affected my whole outlook on life experiencing such horrific circumstances
hector

Post by hector »

I am a seasoned soldier with the experience of many battlefields and theatres of war..... seen more death than you can shake a stick at, and every single one fazed me in some way...

So she is obviously lying, and if she is lying about that, what else is she lying about??

I say don't let her back, or if she does come back, treat her as a hostile.....
gessa

Post by gessa »

She's a risk and so will be her husband, when she brings him here too, regardless of how big or small a risk, it's too big to take.
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

gessa wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:18 pm She's a risk and so will be her husband, when she brings him here too, regardless of how big or small a risk, it's too big to take.
Not to mention the millions of pounds it’s going to cost having high level debates and inquiries into the rights and wrongs of what to do with her and god forbid if she’s allowed to return the money to closely monitor her and no doubt protect her, it’s ridiculous. She decided to go and has never shown any remorse so why should we care.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Home secretary Sajid Javid saying no!

"My message is clear, "If you have supported terrorist organisations abroad I will not hesitate to prevent your return."
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Supporting terrorist organisations abroad? Not like selling arms to Saudi and Israel then. Wonder where they end up.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

radebe88 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:04 am You’re a disgrace
couldn't give a f**k what you think .
far as im concerned she can rot in hell.
the bitch went to join and fight for a regime who wanted to kill us !
ask the family of the soldier who was beheaded in woolwich what they would like !
f**k her.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

radebe88 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:08 pm Well you seem really intelligent and articulate so I should probably just assume you are right :| . I had a problem with you calling an unborn human being a "mass murderer" and "serial rapist" and you calling for the child to be "put down".

This is the exact attitude that creates divide and tension and makes a teenage Muslim girl more susceptible to grooming by ISIS because "perhaps they are right about what westerners think about us."

I don't know the answer either way as it is an incredibly complex topic and I can see how people can be worried about her returning and can see how others have sympathy. There are some really good opinions in this topic so far but I hope that you calm down and learn to think rationally instead of emotionally as it doesn't leave you looking great.
I think his sentence is grammatically incorrect and he is not referring to the baby. The "mass murderer" and "serial rapist" he refers to is the husband.
Did the girl join ISIS because we think that that is what they do, or did she join ISIS because that is what they do?
I think she made a (bad) choice and she has lost any "right" to return here. Let a muslim country of her choice pay for the upbringing of her child, not a country she rejected.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Oh the great divide, unfortunately in today's world responsibility seems a thing of the past. Personally I would say anyone unfazed by beheadings needs sectioning. She wanted to go so she nows reaps the benefit of her actions let her stay there and save us some cash. Our country in general has become an apologists dream, always someones fault not their own.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:50 pm Oh the great divide, unfortunately in today's world responsibility seems a thing of the past. Personally I would say anyone unfazed by beheadings needs sectioning. She wanted to go so she nows reaps the benefit of her actions let her stay there and save us some cash. Our country in general has become an apologists dream, always someones fault not their own.
Indeed it has MJ

We also attract so many scroungers who are here for all the wrong reasons

We have enough problems of our own without taking in the worlds waifs & strays

Our NHS is in a mess trying to cope with huge demands, schools are overflowing, public services are inefficient & overcrowded & as a country we are generally run in debt.