Six points.....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Six points.....

Post by 1964white »

Six points in our next two home games v Swansea & Bolton could go a long way to consolidating a top two place towards the end of February

That would take us onto 64 points

Still believe 85 points (possibly 82) would be enough to take us up automatically

Should we win our next two home games, my estimation would suggest we'd require 21 points from our final 13 games
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Re: Six points.....

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Agree with that Leon, 6 points from our next 2 will be great for confidence and help us build for our big game with WBA on 1st March.
I too think the points required for automatic promotion will be lower this year, are Bristol City this years team to come from nowhere and have a say? They’re on a good run at the minute and unfortunately we’ve got to visit Ashton Gate on 9th March.
Strap yourselves in it’s going to be a twisting and turning ride with plenty of bumps over the next 2 1/2 months.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Next few games are key. Pontus, Cooper and Phillips are key to our success. The confidence that the side had up until Christmas is gone, so they need a few wins to rebuild that. We just need a bit of luck and I belive we will kick on
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Just said exactly the same thing to Mr Swan. Must win our next two home games, no excuses. Then, we have two big games against QPR away and baggies at home ( neither easy in my opinion)
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

You may well be right 64 . The WBA game is looking like it could be a decider on who goes 2nd at that point. Avoiding defeat is key in these top of the league games and Leeds have a decent record this season but the pressure will be well and truly on by then so it remains to be seen if the lads can handle it.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:08 pm You may well be right 64 . The WBA game is looking like it could be a decider on who goes 2nd at that point. Avoiding defeat is key in these top of the league games and Leeds have a decent record this season but the pressure will be well and truly on by then so it remains to be seen if the lads can handle it.

Losing that West Brom game could be a killer blow to our automatic promotion hopes

A must not lose game imo!
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

West Brom have to play Sheff Utd as well
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:52 pm Agree with that Leon, 6 points from our next 2 will be great for confidence and help us build for our big game with WBA on 1st March
I too think the points required for automatic promotion will be lower this year, are Bristol City this years team to come from nowhere and have a say? They’re on a good run at the minute and unfortunately we’ve got to visit Ashton Gate on 9th March.
Strap yourselves in it’s going to be a twisting and turning ride with plenty of bumps over the next 2 1/2 months.
It's imperative we gain six points from our next two home games Rich, we need to get our confidence & fluency back on course. Mess up this week & it could be curtains!

8 consecutive wins for the robins, it would seem they are this seasons Fulham.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:07 pm West Brom have to play Sheff Utd as well
So have we :(

I'm dreading Billy 'fecking' Sharp coming back to ER
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

I personally think it's two from the current top four for automatic promotion. I think Boro will probably do enough to cement a play off place with the last spot between Bristol City, Derby, Aston Villa and Birmingham.
We have every right to expect 6 points from our next 2 games. Four is the absolute minimum, anything less would be a disaster.
It's still very much in our hands.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:10 pm So have we :(

I'm dreading Billy 'fecking' Sharp coming back to ER
So one of them will drop points, both hopefully.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Norwich look to have the easiest run in. They don't have to play us, Sheff Utd or West Brom. Boro away looks to be their toughest game.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:07 pm 8 consecutive wins for the robins, it would seem they are this seasons Fulham.
That's the championship for you. They have achieved nearly half their season's points in their last 8 matches. Similar to how Hull went from being awful to suddenly winning every match and were on the fringes of the play-offs till their form dipped. We strung 7 wins together but some of the performances were pretty average really.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Think Bristol have to play 8 of the current top 10 in their remaining matches so if they do make play offs or even top 2 (doubt it) they will have very much deserved it and will no doubt be the form team to beat. Just proves that this game is about confidence and belief as much as anything .

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Fantastic achievement from Lee Johnson's team when you consider they lost their three best players last summer in Bryan, Reid & Flint in transfer deals worth nearly £25 million for the those three sold
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Think I'm more concerned about playing them away than WBA or SU at home. Birmingham come into that same category as well. 2 very tough away matches. Any points gained in any of these 4 games will be a bonus imo. It's the other 11 where they have to win the majority to have a chance of autos.

leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

from now on in every game is going to be equally as hard as each other regardless of ones league position.
usually every team in the championship this time of year will have something to fight for .
all about the result now and not the performance.