Middlesbro' v Leeds - MOTM

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Middlesbro' v Leeds - MOTM

Post by 1964white »

Choose your best six players

Casilla
Ayling
Jansson
Cooper
Alioski
Phillips
Clarke
Roofe
Klich
Harrison
Bamford
Hernandez
Roberts
Shackleton
1964white

Re: Middlesbro' v Leeds - MOTM

Post by 1964white »

Phillips
Hernandez
Alioski
Casilla
Jansson
Cooper
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Kind of hard with the streams today but.

Hernandez
Ali
Roofe
Phillips- lost the ball for the Boro goal before Leon yells at me.
Cooper
Casilla
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:56 pm Kind of hard with the streams today but.

Hernandez
Ali
Roofe
Phillips- lost the ball for the Boro goal before Leon yells at me.
Cooper
Casilla
However, to lose possession you first have to have it... and I don’t think Philips really did... he cut out a pass and then lost the ensuing 50:50 with Mikel. Harsh to blame him.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:09 pm However, to lose possession you first have to have it... and I don’t think Philips really did... he cut out a pass and then lost the ensuing 50:50 with Mikel. Harsh to blame him.
Maybe but if that was Forshaw losing a 50:50 would you not be blaming him? Be honest.

Also having watched it back even forgiving Philips for losing the 50:50, Wing was behind Phillips totally free middle of the goal when Mikel won the ball, Phillips should have seen that and covered the unmarked player imo.

As it was he ended up ambling back while Alioski from left back was the one trying to make a challenge.

Phillips was much closer to Wing, no excuse for that laziness when you are partially at fault.

Thought he played well but he is definitely as guilty as anyone for that goal.
Signed

King Cjay

danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Those voting Hernandez... What the hell were you watching?! Cost us the first goal and gave the ball away so often...

Roofe, kp and Cooper for me
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

Cooper
Phillips
Jansson
Roofe
Bamford
Roberts.
All by watching streams and listening to radio Leeds !!
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Phillips
Coops
Pontus
Roofe
Bamber
Ali
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:06 am Maybe but if that was Forshaw losing a 50:50 would you not be blaming him? Be honest.

Also having watched it back even forgiving Philips for losing the 50:50, Wing was behind Phillips totally free middle of the goal when Mikel won the ball, Phillips should have seen that and covered the unmarked player imo.

As it was he ended up ambling back while Alioski from left back was the one trying to make a challenge.

Phillips was much closer to Wing, no excuse for that laziness when you are partially at fault.

Thought he played well but he is definitely as guilty as anyone for that goal.
It not 50/50 with Forshaw, he is too busy doing those daft turns with the side of his foot like a ballet dancer when he loses possession

Phillips was our MOTM by a country mile, he even pops up to nod in our equaliser with his one & only chance in at the death something our attacking players failed to do miserably. You must have missed all his good work when your streams kept breaking down ??, three or four of his break-up of Boro attacks were top drawer

% of votes

Our coach - 82%
Waccoe - 86%
LUFC Talk - 64%

I rest my case

The hatred for one of our own young lads on here is unbelievable !
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:56 am It not 50/50 with Forshaw, he is too busy doing those daft turns with the side of his foot like a ballet dancer when he loses possession

Phillips was our MOTM by a country mile, he even pops up to nod in our equaliser with his one & only chance in at the death something our attacking players failed to do miserably. You must have missed all his good work when your streams kept breaking down ??, three or four of his break-up of Boro attacks were top drawer

% of votes

Our coach - 82%
Waccoe - 86%
LUFC Talk - 64%

I rest my case

Hatred? He’s been one of the most praised players on the forum, by most on here. You slate more players on here than most, Dallas, Alioski, Cooper, Forshaw, Harrison now Ayling, I don’t think anyone has hatred towards any of our squad, or at least I hope not.
Phillips, is one of our top 2 players this season alongside Pablo, I’d imagine most would have that opinion so no hatred
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Love Phillips but a better AMF for me and was no better than Forshaw v a better attacking team last week. Neither are DMF's atm. As for Waccoe well they get a bit rabid if you criticize the wrong thing or player so most just go with the flow...It's not an impartial forum by a long way. This is

Difficult one this, I watched back the first half by saving the periscope stream. No one stand out player but good performances from most without ever really firing as a team and the defence had a much easier day for the most part

Bamford
PJ
Phillips (for the goal)
Coop
Roofe
Casilla
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

dezzy wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:30 am Hatred? He’s been one of the most praised players on the forum, by most on here. You slate more players on here than most, Dallas, Alioski, Cooper, Forshaw, Harrison now Ayling, I
don’t think anyone has hatred towards any of our squad, or at least I hope not.
Phillips, is one of our top 2 players this season alongside Pablo, I’d imagine most would have that opinion so no hatred
Not everyone on here have Phillips in their top five let alone top two, KP is probably our most improved player this season, some will tell you Alioski & Clarke are better players

I'm critical of players when they deserve it

Never a big fan of Dallas but I thought he did really well at RB before he was unluckily injured, right now I wish he was available to play

Alioski has upped his game of late after a poor period, his crossing was weak & his petulance drives me mad but he was one of our better players again yesterday.

You won't hear any criticism regards Cooper from me this season, has improved remarkably under Bielsa's shrewd management

Always been a big fan of Ayling, defended him to the hilt at times but his current form is woeful right now, never truly recovered from his last long term injury I believe.

Harrison is poor, we have better youngsters of our own than the Citeh loanee.

As for Forshaw, our results don't bode well when he's played as our defensive midfielder, no assists, no goals, can't defend....I struggle to see what he offers our team
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm going to say it again. You cannot compare results of early season form with a different team versus Forshaw over the last few games.

Both Phillips (Who absolutely lost possession for the goal then ignored the runner while ambling back, go look at the replay) and Forshaw have weaknesses for the DMF position. Neither are a natural DMF.

I don't think there's much in it right now and if you blame Forshaw for losing possession from a hospital bobbling pass from Pablo you absolutely have to blame Phillips yesterday even if it's for not missing the tackle but he had as much time to hoof it clear as Forshaw did v Norwich

After the goal Phillips had little to do as MID just sat on their lead, Forshaw had a whole game of Norwich's clever interplay and handled it for the most part manfully he also transits defence into offence quicker than Phillips (at least yesterday) Leeds Live scored Phillips a 6 alongside Roberts Roofe Pontus and Kiko

I don't really agree with that as I think Roofe wasn't at his best and doesn't for me fulfill the number 10 duties as he created nothing. He basically did what he does as a striker but a little deeper. I don't think playing 10 will help us or him much over the next few weeks. If he's not the striker than he may as well be on the bench and Roberts as the 10 alongside Bamford. Roberts looking decent again btw. If we go a true 2 up top then he's back in the side

I also don't think Roofe will be that good off the bench, he's not a come on cold and change the game player...1 goal in 22 sub appearances indicates that
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:28 am
Alioski has upped his game of late after a poor period, his crossing was weak & his petulance drives me mad but he was one of our better players again yesterday.
Ali's best & most vital cross came in the 101st minute :-D
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I do like my players to do the job they've been picked for and Alio's defensive work has been dodgy at best over that last couple of games. He's a penalty waiting to happen with his lunges
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:07 pm I do like my players to do the job they've been picked for and Alio's defensive work has been dodgy at best over that last couple of games. He's a penalty waiting to happen with his lunges
A couple of feet off the ground lunges yesterday, always risky :(
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Tbh I don't think it really matters who is playing the 10 role. Roberts, Pablo, Roofe, Bamford,Forshaw they can all have a go, the glaring fact since September is we don't possess an out & out striker who can put the ball away naturally. We have a reasonable defence and midfield on our day but we definitely lack up front. Roofe has been magnificent but he's not the answer and unfortunately for him I think he'll eventually be sacrificed, even sold , maybe that's why Leeds are stalling on his contract renewal,don't know. Put in a Ched Adams for instance who isn't just a 'tapper inner' and there's the answer. He'll be in PL next season anyway , who knows- maybe with us. We've created chances all season to have been almost there by now and MB has stated often enough that they're not being converted so hopefully PB can get his scoring boots on and drive us home.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Oh that's Roofe or Bamford....get the 10 right and the goals will come
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:56 am It not 50/50 with Forshaw, he is too busy doing those daft turns with the side of his foot like a ballet dancer when he loses possession

% of votes

Our coach - 82%
Waccoe - 86%
LUFC Talk - 64%

I rest my case

Dont be silly, "hatred".

I didnt miss his good work, i said he played well.

But imo he was very much to blame (with others) Ayling for one, but yes Phillips as such should have done more for there goal.

If Phillips tracks Wing, as Dm the Boro attacking mids should be his responsibility.

If Phillips was more aware then maybe Boro dont score.

Its not hatred, i dont hate him but I'm not blinded by the Phillips love in either that seems to have taken hold of ourfanbase

If that was Ayling or Ali or Forshaw or any other scapegoat from the past then they would be getting slaughtered
Signed

King Cjay

dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:28 am Not everyone on here have Phillips in their top five let alone top two, KP is probably our most improved player this season, some will tell you Alioski & Clarke are better players

I'm critical of players when they deserve it

Never a big fan of Dallas but I thought he did really well at RB before he was unluckily injured, right now I wish he was available to play

You won't hear any criticism regards Cooper from me this season, has improved remarkably under Bielsa's shrewd management

Always been a big fan of Ayling, defended him to the hilt at times but his current form is woeful right now, never truly recovered from his last long term injury I believe.

Harrison is poor, we have better youngsters of our own than the Citeh loanee.

As for Forshaw, our results don't bode well when he's played as our defensive midfielder, no assists, no goals, can't defend....I struggle to see what he offers our team
For me Phillips is our most improved player this season, one of most important players too and a vital part of our team.
No issue people criticizing players, but sometimes players get written off by people, your correct with Ayling, his form is poor, didn’t make him a poor player, these guys are in the Championship for a reason, they all have talent, it’s consistency that they fall down on, I think at the moment, we have a few too many off form. This Leeds side is about the collective rather than individuals, if you can do what is asked of you by the coaches then they will back you.
I think Forshaw has qualities but the CDM role isn’t for him, I think he would do well in the Klich role if he was to miss a game, Phillips is vital to us as the CDM. Harrison I can’t defend, he’s been consistently average, looks nervous, if he could get a bit more self belief he could be a solid championship winger though.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..