Malt for gessa

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Malt for gessa

Post by whiteswan »

Hi ges, Wow! Just enjoyed a glass of Macallan 18 year old. Absolutely superb. Took me an hour to down a double by just sipping. That is something special :)
gessa

Re: Malt for gessa

Post by gessa »

Not sure I've ever tried a Macallen Swannie, of any age, will have to look out for it at a restaurant on my travels.
I've had a couple of 18 yr olds, whisky Hector, whisky, and they have been delicious. This years Christmas treat for myself is a limited edition, Arran 10 yr old, Tuscan wine cask, 58.6%. That will be my Christmas eve tipple and will be bought out on special occasions.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:14 am Hi ges, Wow! Just enjoyed a glass of Macallan 18 year old. Absolutely superb. Took me an hour to down a double by just sipping. That is something special :)
Where did you purchase the Macallan malt from Swannie ?
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

I must admit i love the Bushmills triple barrel 18 year old. 6 years each in bourbon,sherry and port casks.
Excellent
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:14 am Hi ges, Wow! Just enjoyed a glass of Macallan 18 year old. Absolutely superb. Took me an hour to down a double by just sipping. That is something special :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_George%27s_Distillery

You ought to get yourself a trip here Swannie, about 5 minutes from me. Not had a bottle myself but heard good things.
gessa

Post by gessa »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... LLION.html

Was just pipped buying this yesterday. £1m was my limit. :)
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

I have a 1793 Bowmore tasted by Robert Burns, after singing Auld Land Syne in the Brigadoon Arms

must be worth a few bob!
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

gessa wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:55 am Not sure I've ever tried a Macallen Swannie, of any age, will have to look out for it at a restaurant on my travels.
I've had a couple of 18 yr olds, whisky Hector, whisky, and they have been delicious. This years Christmas treat for myself is a limited edition, Arran 10 yr old, Tuscan wine cask, 58.6%. That will be my Christmas eve tipple and will be bought out on special occasions.
I used to buy Macallan quite a bit but I haven't seen any in the shops for ages :duno:
58.6%....I'll just go and check on the Macallan. It's 43% but scrummy :)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:12 am Where did you purchase the Macallan malt from Swannie ?
It was a gift to Mr Swan 64. He helped some friends of ours with their computer and they sent him home with the macallan. They aren't whisky drinkers so I can only assume someone bought it for them. They know we love our whiskies and we are particularly pleased with this one :)
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

The 15-year-old Bowmore is my favorite, but the Macallan is pretty special. Scotland's great gift to the world.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

gessa wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:32 pm https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... LLION.html

Was just pipped buying this yesterday. £1m was my limit. :)
:shock: :shock: :shock: Blimey, that's a lot for a bottle of whisky!
Pity you didn't get it ges or we'd all be round to yours for a tipple or two :lol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Dalton wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:20 am I must admit i love the Bushmills triple barrel 18 year old. 6 years each in bourbon,sherry and port casks.
Excellent
Haven't tried it Dalton. We do like the Blackbush :)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:10 am https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_George%27s_Distillery

You ought to get yourself a trip here Swannie, about 5 minutes from me. Not had a bottle myself but heard good things.
You've got a whisky distillery 5 mins away :shock: in Norfolk? Lucky old you :tumbler:
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:40 pm Haven't tried it Dalton. We do like the Blackbush :)
i would love a 21 yr old blackbush :)
gessa

Post by gessa »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:35 pm It was a gift to Mr Swan 64. He helped some friends of ours with their computer and they sent him home with the macallan. They aren't whisky drinkers so I can only assume someone bought it for them. They know we love our whiskies and we are particularly pleased with this one :)

Have you seen the price of it Swannie, that's some thank you.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

leic white 63 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:52 pm i would love a 21 yr old blackbush :)
Hahahahaha, that made me laugh out so loud in the office that everyone looked over :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:52 pm i would love a 21 yr old blackbush :)
:rol: :rol:
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:44 pm You've got a whisky distillery 5 mins away :shock: in Norfolk? Lucky old you :tumbler:
Yep - unfortunately just a bit too far to stagger :lol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

:oops: 63! Trust you to lower the tone :chair:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

gessa wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:54 pm Have you seen the price of it Swannie, that's some thank you.
To be honest ges, I don't think they know one whisky from another. It was just a bottle of whisky to them. I did have a bit of a shock when I looked it up :)