West Brom v Leeds Utd Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Scoreline :West Brom v Leeds Utd

Poll ended at Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:52 pm

0-0
No votes
1-1
19%
2-2 or higher
13%
Brom by 1
6%
Leeds by 1
38%
Brom by 2
No votes
Leeds by 2
25%
Brom by 3 or more
No votes
Leeds by 3 or more
No votes

Total votes: 16

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: West Brom v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

No good reason why the stats should be as different with and without Luke. Ayling was often MIA defending last season, most of us called for him to be dropped. He's one of our worse passers frequently giving away possession deep in our half and often needing to get bailed out. Even his forward work has been lacking this season with little in the way of attacking contributions or assists.

Don't think he's done very well in our MOTM votes, maybe 1 or 2 good games this season?

I think it's more to do with Beradi being long time missing and the fact we've fiddled around with replacements creating a lack of continuity at RB since he's been out...

Ayling plays and we're good, he doesn't and we're not is about as accurate a conclusion as frogs hear with their legs. Play them music and they'll jump, pull their legs off play the same music and they won't jump anymore...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

:lol:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Btw laughing at faaip's humour not putting anyone else's views down, but Berardi's definitely better than Ayling defensively. Don't know about Ayling offensively, especially as TC used him, presumably Guardiola-style and Bielsa-style.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Kyle_5351 wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:26 am My theory is both options are correct. If so many of the teams around us hadn't dropped so many points, I don't think we would be anywhere near the top.

In saying that, Bielsa has been able to get the best out of a few players and play a style of football we can enjoy. However, the team has never filled me with an amazing sense of belief that it can truly challenge the top teams for the whole season. We shall see, I enjoy being proved wrong.
I believe that the talent and ability of our players is being understated.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

HarryofOz wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:32 am I believe that the talent and ability of our players is being understated.
This, injuries and West Brom being lower prem class lead to the poor result. Even then we were in it till late and 4-1 was very flattering

Saiz should come back in, I'm hoping that was just a rest and give Clarke a run for Alio
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

A little late but the mother of all hangovers yesterday meant I was in no fit state to type much .

Firstly the atmosphere in the Leeds end was all you could wish for, even at the bitter end, it was the near 3k leeds fans you could hear. Absolutely top class yet again !

Unfortunately, the same couldnt be said of the team on Saturday - we just didnt seem ' on it ' from the kick off and I think it was fair to say were rather fortunate to go in level at the break, although to be fair Albion didnt create that many clear cut chances in that first 45.

After that, well, I am sorry it showed up all the same inadequacies that most LUFC fans are aware of and deep down we know we have to do something about very soon.

Dallas, doing he's best but just plainly not good enough in a defensive role. I'd honestly be tempted to give Shackleton a go to see if he can do better !!

BPF - Sorry to say but the kid just doesn't inspire me with any confidence, woeful for the Phillips goal - I am not saying he is as bad but we cant make the same mistake we did with Felix last year, he cost us so many points before we made the change and yes, I know it was BPF who came in and did well but I think in hindsight, any keeper would have looked like Gordon Banks compared to Wiedwald !!!
BPF positional sense all seems so wrong for me - it was shown with the free kick at Wigan and at least 2 or 3 times again on Saturday. Surely now is the time to give Blackman a chance ?!

Next - Alioski, well all those who waited patiently in the away end to get out on Saturday would have heard my rant - I am sick to death of hearing " he works so hard " he battles up and down the field - we have midfield grafters like Forshaw/Klich who can do that !! I want my winger to flippin beat a man or show some pace to skin the full back - how on earth Alioski gets into this side still is beyond me. Jack Clarke looks a million times better and even Harrison would be an improvement on the Macedonian.

If we want automatic promotion, these changes have to be made and made ASAP - we cant let this opportunity to go up slip through our fingers this year, it just needs a few tweaks here and there. Really hope Bielsa takes the bull by the horns and does it.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:13 am

Next - Alioski, well all those who waited patiently in the away end to get out on Saturday would have heard my rant - I am sick to death of hearing " he works so hard " he battles up and down the field - we have midfield grafters like Forshaw/Klich who can do that !! I want my winger to flippin beat a man or show some pace to skin the full back - how on earth Alioski gets into this side still is beyond me. Jack Clarke looks a million times better and even Harrison would be an improvement on the Macedonian
That rant :lol:

I came out of the concourse & I thought I know that fella so I made my way through the crowd to calm you down although everyone was laughing with your Alioski rant, tbf those three young lads were nodding their heads in agreement after your choice words about our No.10. Anyway mate thanks for the laugh & it was really good to see you again. Totally agree with your post :tup:
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:33 am That rant :lol:

I came out of the concourse & I thought I know that fella so I made my way through the crowd to calm you down although everyone was laughing with your Alioski rant, tbf those three young lads were nodding their heads in agreement after your choice words about our No.10. Anyway mate thanks for the laugh & it was really good to see you again. Totally agree with your post :tup:

I was sat near to the Brummie Rd and I could hear him. :)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:45 am I was sat near to the Brummie Rd and I could hear him. :)
:rol:

It was magic mate, best part of the day for me. I reckon Alioski heard Gurj in the dressing-room :lol:
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

I keep reading about Saturday's result being a reality check. The reality for me is that we had a collective bad day, and were punished by a team full of Premiership players. There's a certain amount of entitled arrogance about some of our supporters, like we somehow have a right to be beating all in front of us and every defeat is the world's end. This is, by and large, the same squad that underperformed for much of last season. This season, under MB, the same squad has played well but a good coach can only generate so much improvement. These players aren't as good as some would have you believe, but neither are they the plodders others suggest they are. Most are average Championship players, with a few who are a notch above that. We lack depth, as borne out by how we struggled when PJ, Pablo and Roofe have been unavailable. Until that is addressed, we have to hope that MB can keep us punching above our weight because, despite what some would have you believe (especially the keyboard warriors), this squad is not good enough for auto-promotion. Whether or not the deficiencies are addressed is another matter, but I'm going to continue to enjoy the ride, and not look for the nearest blue rope every time we don't demolish a team 6-0. Also, Ayling, Berardi, Bamford and Brown all available (hopefully) for the second half of the season, plus Clarke, Shackleton and Pearce ready to step up, it's not all doom and gloom even if we don't buy in January. Though I would like to see another CB come in, for what it's worth.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

1964white wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:49 am :rol:

It was magic mate, best part of the day for me. I reckon Alioski heard Gurj in the dressing-room :lol:
Hahahaha. :lol: :P Glad I cheered you guys up LOL

I have to be honest and say it was an alcohol fueled rant. Gessa, The Vine Pub West Brom, 5 pints of Bathams, was going down too nicely before the game !!
gessa

Post by gessa »

Gurj wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:47 pm Hahahaha. :lol: :P Glad I cheered you guys up LOL

I have to be honest and say it was an alcohol fueled rant. Gessa, The Vine Pub West Brom, 5 pints of Bathams, was going down too nicely before the game !!

Been a while since i had a pint of Bathams, lovely stuff.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Was a bostin pint as they say round here mate lol Hopefully you can join us this Xmas time at the Bull and Bladder mate.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

Gurj wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:13 am A little late but the mother of all hangovers yesterday meant I was in no fit state to type much .

Firstly the atmosphere in the Leeds end was all you could wish for, even at the bitter end, it was the near 3k leeds fans you could hear. Absolutely top class yet again !

Unfortunately, the same couldnt be said of the team on Saturday - we just didnt seem ' on it ' from the kick off and I think it was fair to say were rather fortunate to go in level at the break, although to be fair Albion didnt create that many clear cut chances in that first 45.

After that, well, I am sorry it showed up all the same inadequacies that most LUFC fans are aware of and deep down we know we have to do something about very soon.

Dallas, doing he's best but just plainly not good enough in a defensive role. I'd honestly be tempted to give Shackleton a go to see if he can do better !!

BPF - Sorry to say but the kid just doesn't inspire me with any confidence, woeful for the Phillips goal - I am not saying he is as bad but we cant make the same mistake we did with Felix last year, he cost us so many points before we made the change and yes, I know it was BPF who came in and did well but I think in hindsight, any keeper would have looked like Gordon Banks compared to Wiedwald !!!
BPF positional sense all seems so wrong for me - it was shown with the free kick at Wigan and at least 2 or 3 times again on Saturday. Surely now is the time to give Blackman a chance ?!

Next - Alioski, well all those who waited patiently in the away end to get out on Saturday would have heard my rant - I am sick to death of hearing " he works so hard " he battles up and down the field - we have midfield grafters like Forshaw/Klich who can do that !! I want my winger to flippin beat a man or show some pace to skin the full back - how on earth Alioski gets into this side still is beyond me. Jack Clarke looks a million times better and even Harrison would be an improvement on the Macedonian.

If we want automatic promotion, these changes have to be made and made ASAP - we cant let this opportunity to go up slip through our fingers this year, it just needs a few tweaks here and there. Really hope Bielsa takes the bull by the horns and does it.
fairplay fella , nice to let of some steam every now and then.

agree about alioski, all i can say he must be noshing off bielsa . always said he was a poofter :)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Graeme Jones has been speaking in glowing terms about us and Bielsa.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/11/20/d ... lo-bielsa/

"Watched them vs Wigan, thought they were the best side in the league".

"Had to change our tactics and it paid off".

And he is a fully paid up member of the Bielsa fan club. Even went to one of Bielsa's seminars and used his ideas.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom