West Brom v Leeds Utd Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Scoreline :West Brom v Leeds Utd

Poll ended at Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:52 pm

0-0
No votes
1-1
19%
2-2 or higher
13%
Brom by 1
6%
Leeds by 1
38%
Brom by 2
No votes
Leeds by 2
25%
Brom by 3 or more
No votes
Leeds by 3 or more
No votes

Total votes: 16

Eireleeds1
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @kevingaff

Re: West Brom v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Eireleeds1 »

leic white 63 wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:38 pm simply because the owner is a cheapskate. if only we have shown a tad of ambition i genuinely believe we would have got promoted this year. we might still 64 but with the lack of ambition again i really fear it will probably cost us. hope im wrong.
Correct
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:46 am I noticed you don't mention the scrawny big girl's blouse Alioski, a very average footballer who somehow manages to play 90 minutes of every game contributing a minimum shift but seems exempt from being substituted. Is it any wonder why Douglas reacted when he was subbed & he sees a player in front of him masquerading as a Leeds United footballer :chair:
Officially our most creative player this season . .

Ali does what Ali is told, i dont like him on the left anyways, always looked more threatening on the right.

But Bielsa plays him on the left, i can see why.

He links well with Douglas and with Hernandez drifting around Ali keeps.the width that Bielsa wants.

People also criticise Ali for not dribbling past full backs, which we know he can do.

Hasnt it dawned on anyone of his critics that he is told to cross early?

If he delays by dribbling then the cbs get set and Roofe has no hope, he has to cross early to give Roofe a chance.

For what its worth in my attack thread i mentioned players with pace that i think we need.

I do i think our attack is to intricate and 1 dimensional.

Ali has to play to the strengths of Roofe, it does Roofe no favours if he delays his cross.
Last edited by Cjay on Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

LevLeeds wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:01 pm As bad as we were, i'm sorry but hats off to WBA, the players and Darren Moore. That was the first side we came up against and stood tall, gave us nothing away and got right in our faces. We've never faced that before and had no answer for it, we didn't know what to do. Write it off, and we move on. Im sure we will bounce back, but every other team will now do the same thing. Don't sit back and defend, that's asking for trouble teams will come out after us now, esp the better sides like WBA. They have some serious quality in the side btw, some people seem to forget that. Over an out!
yes agree however it goes beyond yesterdays defeat. overall we have struggled in a number of games recently especially at home to forest, brentford, brum etc games i feel we came up short if we are to be considered genuine promotion contenders. the harsh reality for me the squad is not simply good enough.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:56 pm Officially our most creative player this season
No he isn't.....Hernandez & Klich have had more assists & both have scored more goals than Alioski

His crossing is hit & miss too !
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:03 pm No he isn't.....Hernandez & Klich have had more assists & both have scored more goals than Alioski

His crossing is hit & miss too !
Chances created he is top.

He is also near the top in the league, the Hernandez chance yesterday was Ali as well.

He doesnt have a real target to cross to, the crosses have to all be inch perfect or we wont win them, thats not easy.
Last edited by Cjay on Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:56 pm Officially our most creative player this season . .

Ali does what Ali is told, i dont like him on the left anyways, always looked more threatening on the right.

But Bielsa plays him on the left, i can see why.

He links well with Douglas and with Hernandez drifting around Ali keeps.the width that Bielsa wants.

People also criticise Ali for not dribbling past full backs, which we know he can do.

Hasnt it dawned on anyone of his critics that he is told to cross early?

If he delays by dribbling then the cbs get set and Roofe has no hope, he has to cross early to give Roofe a chance.

For what its worth in my attack thread i mentioned players with pace that i think we need.

I do i think our attack is to intricate and 1 dimensional.

Ali has to play to the strengths of Roofe, it does Roofe no favours if he delays his cross.
alioski couldnt dribble past an elephant.
we do of course are all entitled to our own personnel opinions .
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:09 pm the Hernandez chance yesterday was Ali as well.
Now you are making it up

It was Saiz who dinked the ball onto Pablo's head
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

leic white 63 wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:09 pm alioski couldnt dribble past an elephant.
we do of course are all entitled to our own personnel opinions .
We are.

And i am Head of the Ali fan club :)
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:20 pm Now you are making it up

It was Saiz who dinked the ball onto Pablo's head
1st half i meant where Hernandez skied a great chance that was Ali who picked him out.
Signed

King Cjay

leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:22 pm We are.

And i am Head of the Ali fan club :)
:)
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

No one will be bought in January as they'll consider Bamford, Browne,Ayling and Beradi to be new signings. To be where we are with a net spend of 3 mil is ludicrous especially after the disastrous 2nd half of last season. MB has done remarkably well and will be very frustrated if AR doesn't get his cheque book out for improvements necessary for the run in.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

hector wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:45 am For me even before this match WBA were the team that will win the league, there is a lot of class in that team, and yesterday it just gelled for them, as it has done for us on occasion... we will be up there or there abouts with the team we have....

we have 2 right backs, it just so happens that both are crocked at the moment, and how can anyone prepare for that happening? at the moment Dallas is the best we have to fit in there, but he was missing for a lot of the time yesterday..... so maybe time for a youngster to come in

Why he took Douglas off and Klich off I will never understand..

BUT...
that was yesterday.....

next!!
Like, they've probably been struggling recently due to under estimating teams and not getting themselves up for games...they should walk this league, best team in it by a country mile. Yesterday they got a team worthy of their skills and upped their game, played to their potential and even then it took them a long time to beat us...at 1-0 we looked as good as them at times

Phillips got abused, he's a converted attacking mid and it showed for me. He didn't fill the space he needed to, whiffed on a lot of tackles and let forwards go once he was beaten. Coop was outclassed, chasing shadows. Only Douglas and Pontus who had to cover so much area that it lead to a couple of errors came away with any distinction and reputation intact from our back 6.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

1964white wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:08 am I just having a pop at those whom are critical of players that have generally been our most consistent over the season.

We are always gonna lose games, the concern is the way we fell apart so easily

The key is we won't be playing a premiership line-up every week.

None of our players have played in the premiership
Spot on! At least we have a coach who seems level headed about poor performances, I look forward to the return fixture. Every confidence in turning the result from yesterday on its head!
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Are we missing Ayling? Remember what happened last season when he was out for months....
gessa

Post by gessa »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:04 pm Are we missing Ayling? Remember what happened last season when he was out for months....

There's a statistic around, games won when he's played to when he hasn't.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Of course we miss Ayling . Defending his game After all. I'm not totally convinced about it but it's his position and he does give 100% week after week. Like 3/4 others he can have a poor match.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:04 pm Are we missing Ayling? Remember what happened last season when he was out for months....
Indeed we are Swannie

Ayling gives us strength, power & energy, defences have something to worry about when he's running at them.

Shame Coyle is out on loan but we have got Dallas :roll: I just knew his performance at Wigan was a one-off as he had no one running at him, wasn't the case v the baggies
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:14 pm There's a statistic around, games won when he's played to when he hasn't.
Not good reading too mate
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:22 pm Not good reading too mate

Can't remember the figure but there was a massive difference.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:27 pm Can't remember the figure but there was a massive difference.
Ayling is a big player for us contrary to what some of fans think of him