West Brom v Leeds Utd Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Scoreline :West Brom v Leeds Utd

Poll ended at Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:52 pm

0-0
No votes
1-1
19%
2-2 or higher
13%
Brom by 1
6%
Leeds by 1
38%
Brom by 2
No votes
Leeds by 2
25%
Brom by 3 or more
No votes
Leeds by 3 or more
No votes

Total votes: 16

leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Re: West Brom v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by leic white 63 »

well that was a massive reality check . found wanting all over the park tonight. .
the brutal truth is that this squad is no where good enough .
Bpf is not a first choice championship keeper .
Harrison is s**t. citeh must have something on us regarding his appearances and
alioski is As much use as a f**king chocolate fireguard.
must add in jan otherwise its yet another year in the championship.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Tell them Baggies Gessa..two top signings at Leeds come January mate and well be no pushover next spring. MOT.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

It seems that either this league is crap or our coach is great, because we have been challenging for the top spot all season despite all those allegedly decidedly average players that we have.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
gessa

Post by gessa »

paddy parrott wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:03 pm Tell them Baggies Gessa..two top signings at Leeds come January mate and well be no pushover next spring. MOT.

Tbf Paddy, they didn't gloat, as they knew they'd get a punch but could feel their joy, matched my despair.. they've had an invite for the return.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Putting it to a vote fellow fans/ supporters ...Who thinks Leeds were outclassed tonight.
And or Outmuscled.?,
Or simply both.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:39 pm Hernandez then Pontus got the majority of votes.

Personally thought Pablo was poor

Jansson my MOTM by a mile even though he was part of a defence that conceded four
Pablo was very poor till he scored, which goes to show the quality of opinion on the coach..Sorry

PJ comfortably MOTM
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

Out classed
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

We can't keep thinking Harrison will bring any benefit to the team !
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:21 pm Pablo was very poor till he scored, which goes to show the quality of opinion on the coach..Sorry

PJ comfortably MOTM
Pontus easily got my vote.

Usually they get it right imo!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

HarryofOz wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:07 pm It seems that either this league is crap or our coach is great, because we have been challenging for the top spot all season despite all those allegedly decidedly average players that we have.
Glad you used the word allegedly, they're not of course.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

paddy parrott wrote:Putting it to a vote fellow fans/ supporters ...Who thinks Leeds were outclassed tonight.
And or Outmuscled.?,
Or simply both.
Both without a doubt. This has been coming for weeks. Struggled in all the last few matches bar Ipswich so its no great surprise when coming up against an ex PL team that we'd get a pasting . This wouldn't have happened in the first month of the season but wiser/classier teams will be superior and unfortunately this result is probably the first of a couple more pastings on the horizon. I think Leeds will just about make playoffs given that most teams aren't that great and therefore it doesn't need much to get a point or 3 from them but they need to improve and fast.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Well that was a slap in the face!! Regroup and move on. Ref gives us a pen and we go 2-1 instead of 2-1 down, sport is cruel at times.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

faaip wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:28 pm Glad you used the word allegedly, they're not of course.
Exactly,
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
pembswhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by pembswhite »

Turned telly off at 3-0 - couldn’t bear to watch anymore. The action that I did see makes my belief in these 3 things even stronger. BPF and Dallas aren’t up to it and Saiz has to start . Only positive of the day at least Wales won the rugby. ( I know that brightens the day for a few on here )
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SG90 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:31 pm Yellow kit curse strikes again!
Just what I said earlier (sort of). Why weren't we in our dark blue away kit? Utter shambles!
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:39 pm Jansson my MOTM by a mile even though he was part of a defence that conceded four
Even though he was at fault for 2 of them ?

I can't believe the good press that Pontus is getting on here. I know that we are struggling for a MOM, but Pontus was only worthy of a 5/10.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:41 pm Just what I said earlier (sort of). Why weren't we in our dark blue away kit? Utter shambles!
Because WBA play in blue and white stripes.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:47 pm Even though he was at fault for 2 of them ?

I can't believe the good press that Pontus is getting on here. I know that we are struggling for a MOM, but Pontus was only worthy of a 5/10.
I'll give you one of them

We totally lost our shape once the subs were made, we were stretched all over the park, because we haven't a proper right-wing back Pontus was dragged out of the middle covering for the inept Dallas, taking Douglas off didn't help making our defence look even more lob-sided, Cooper was constantly out of position, unsure where Phillips was at the end

Jansson was like a one man defence having to cover all angles for the last 20 minutes, overall he was still our best player who made less errors than the rest of the team
1964white

Post by 1964white »

We were poor today, but one shambles of a performance doesn't make us a bad side. We started the day top of the table for a good reason because we are one of the better teams in the championship. Just a bad day at the office imo !

Positives

We tried to play football, unfortunately nothing came off for us

Negatives

Lack of urgency when on the ball.
Rather than shoot at any given opportunity we try to walk the ball into the net.
Poor crosses.
Baggies beat us for pace on the break.
Stretched all over the park particularly in the 2nd half.
Midfield overrun
Too many errors in crucial areas.
When we did create space for a shot, poor technique as we shot into the side netting as oppose to across the keeper twice !
BPF is becoming a liability.
Dallas is not a defender.
Rarely looked like scoring, apart from Pablo's header at the death no credible effort on target.
Baggies looked like scoring every time they ventured forward.

Ratings

4 Peacock-Farrell
3 Dallas
6 Jansson MOTM
4 Cooper
5 Phillips
5 Douglas
5 Hernandez
4 Klich
5 Forshaw
3 Alioski
4 Roofe
Subs
4 Roberts
3 Harrison
6 Saiz
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Relax, Chill Winston.
Bielsa got it right. He called it right.
WBA have the most potent and dangerous
Attack in the league.