Mateusz Klich

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Re: Mateusz Klich

Post by danhirons »

faaip wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:42 pm Remember all the doubters ?
o'kane was pretty much as good at this stage last season and look how things changed for him!

hope it doesn't happen to klich, as he's had an awesome start to the season and has added goals to the team from midfield, just saying...
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Don't think I credited O'Kane for playing anymore than passable at anytime...Big difference between form and class, I believe in class, I never trust form. It's why I'll be continually high on Roofe and Klich etc even if the form drops. I never got that with O'Kane who was just decent when allowed to be.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

danhirons wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:38 am o'kane was pretty much as good at this stage last season and look how things changed for him!

hope it doesn't happen to klich, as he's had an awesome start to the season and has added goals to the team from midfield, just saying...
O'Kane looked good but flattered to deceive whereas Klich is different class taking control of our the midfield & scoring goals too as he is prepared to shoot from the edge of the box when an opportunity arises. Eunan dilly-dallied far too much on the ball, Klich moves the ball much quicker with effect & is always in position to receive a return ball similar to the one-two he played & scored for Poland on Tuesday night

No comparison imo!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:00 am Don't think I credited O'Kane for playing anymore than passable at anytime...Big difference between form and class, I believe in class, I never trust form. It's why I'll be continually high on Roofe and Klich etc even if the form drops. I never got that with O'Kane who was just decent when allowed to be.
A bit like a class racehorse Faaip :tup:
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

faaip wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:00 am Don't think I credited O'Kane for playing anymore than passable at anytime...Big difference between form and class, I believe in class, I never trust form. It's why I'll be continually high on Roofe and Klich etc even if the form drops. I never got that with O'Kane who was just decent when allowed to be.
And you'd decided that Klich was class based on about 150 minutes of football last season...? If he was as good as he's playing now, he wouldn't be playing in the championship at the age of 28, he'd be in the prem.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

danhirons wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:54 am And you'd decided that Klich was class based on about 150 minutes of football last season...? If he was as good as he's playing now, he wouldn't be playing in the championship at the age of 28, he'd be in the prem.
Think you can tell when a player has real talent.

Klich imo showed class as Faaip said, the way he played, his composure, never rushed, similar to Pablo.

Thats what i saw compared to our other midfielders last season, little bit more class and composure with his passing and the way he carried himself, hard to explain.

Never saw that from the other 3, there was a clear difference imo.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

danhirons wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:54 am And you'd decided that Klich was class based on about 150 minutes of football last season...? If he was as good as he's playing now, he wouldn't be playing in the championship at the age of 28, he'd be in the prem.
For the Championship? I absolutely saw a quality player from almost day 1. The prem thing for us is irrelevant right now. We're not in the Prem.

Klich is a high class Championship player and he was last season. TC unfortunately ditched him for no good reason and I reckon Heck would have loved to have had him available.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Ollie was full of praise for ths cross from the Polish Iniesta

Cant find a clip of the turn on the edge of our box unfortunately.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

When we are trailing Bielsa takes Klich off, seems odd to me.
Did the same vs Millwall to.

Just strange imo.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:13 pm When we are trailing Bielsa takes Klich off, seems odd to me.
Did the same vs Millwall to.

Just strange imo.
Yes I can't work that one out either. He was certainly not the problem in midfield today and Forshaw looked worse. Klich can unlock defences at anytime and could have easily scored or created a goal or two today.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:03 pm Yes I can't work that one out either. He was certainly not the problem in midfield today and Forshaw looked worse. Klich can unlock defences at anytime and could have easily scored or created a goal or two today.
Felt the same, i like Forshaw and can absolutely see him in the Phillips role.

But as a goalscorer or creator not for me.

One of the last players id take off if we need a goal.
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

The only possible reason would seem to be fitness related cos as you both say he is more likely to score or create a goal than his replacements.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Strange substitution taking off a player who is capable of dragging us back into a game, there is creativity & goals in Klich
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

Cjay wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:50 pm Felt the same, i like Forshaw and can absolutely see him in the Phillips role.

But as a goalscorer or creator not for me.

One of the last players id take off if we need a goal.
Absolutely that was strange , it's like as if he punished Phillips and Klich for the goals we conceded.....wrong call.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

leedsmad wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:56 pm Absolutely that was strange , it's like as if he punished Phillips and Klich for the goals we conceded.....wrong call.
I hope not as Klich & Phillips have played a major part in this seasons excellent football we've all witnessed
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

leedsmad wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:56 pm Absolutely that was strange , it's like as if he punished Phillips and Klich for the goals we conceded.....wrong call.
It was Klich who didnt track Adams for the 1st, hope he wasnt taken off for that.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The goal was one thing.

His all round game vs Wednesday was absolutely superb.

He ran with the ball, he tracked back and helped the defence, he provided chances for his teammates, it was a brilliant all round display.

Player of the season so far.
Signed

King Cjay

LevLeeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @Simonlev99

Post by LevLeeds »

I second that Cjay,,, hes been absolute class.

Nobody expected it at all either,hes one from nowhere.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:39 pm The goal was one thing.

His all round game vs Wednesday was absolutely superb.

He ran with the ball, he tracked back and helped the defence, he provided chances for his teammates, it was a brilliant all round display.

Player of the season so far.
At 1-0 down I was dreading Bielsa subbing Klich & replacing him with Dallas or Forshaw as he has done previously, we miss Klich when he's not pulling the strings & of course there are always goals in our Polish international
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

The transformation in him this season is incredible. His performances have been rightly recognised by a recall to his national team.
I just hope Premier League sides don't come sniffing round in January.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden