The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 19th Sept)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 19th Sept)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Leeds cruised to a 3-0 win against Preston last night in front of almost 28,000 jubilant fans

Only poor finishing, and the post spared the LilyWhites blushes further.

Tyler Roberts looked like a huge weight had been lifted from his shoulders as the 19 yo scored a second half brace including majestically chipping the keeper for his first.

Leeds have have gone eight league matches undefeated.

The Leeds Utd boo boys were yet again out in force last night laying into Ali-offside-ski!!!!

Does he deserve so much stick?

Harrison's performances since Hernandez has been injured have been inspiring, especially for someone so young. Should he be an automatic first choice?

I was going to ask which teams in the Championship scare you, but I couldn't think of any, so I'll ask which other teams in the Championship concern you?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 19th Sept)

Post by The Subhuman »

Boo boys as ever are just wrong.....it's not rocket science to know this.

Pablo should come straight back in once fit and up to speed. But I don't think that's the way Bielsa works. Pablo maybe waiting till and injury or poor form removes his competition ...Same may be said of Roofe, especially if Roberts keeps scoring and Beradi despite the fact over the first 6/7 games he was our best defender

WBA and Brentford will be interesting games
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Good morning Matt & everyone
gessa

Post by gessa »

Pleased for Roberts, tried hard first half with little reward, you could see the delight in his face when he scored, good decision by MB to bring him off even though he was on a hattrick, he is our only fit striker no use risking injury. Harrison just got better as the game went on, no pablo but now looking like a reserve we can rely on when pablo is injured or needs a rest.

I have a funny feeling we are going to slip up to a side like Wigan or Blackburn.
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Excellent result last night and i take some credit for saying we wouldnt score and bearing in mind my predictions have been lousy to date it was a winner. Didnt see the game but very pleased for Roberts
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Morning All,

Last night was a great performance for the most part albeit against a poor Preston side.
We could easily have had 6 but for some wayward finishing and the woodwork.

Alioski can be frustrating at times but there is no doubting his work rate.
He could have had a couple of goals himself last night, one was well saved and the other he rounded the keeper and tucked it in from a tight angle only to be ruled offside.
He really does need to work on not straying offside so much.
Booing players does absolutely nothing for their confidence and is counter productive.

I see West Brom as the biggest threat this season now that we are 8 games in.
They are a big side and are free scoring at the moment.
They have some quality players offensively in Rodriguez, Gayle, Barnes and Phillips.
Harvey Barnes is on loan from Leicester and looks real quality. One we definitely overlooked in the summer.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Chilli D wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:26 am Morning All,

Last night was a great performance for the most part albeit against a poor Preston side.

He could have had a couple of goals himself last night, one was well saved and the other he rounded the keeper and tucked it in from a tight angle only to be ruled offside.
Booing players does absolutely nothing for their confidence and is counter productive.

They have some quality players offensively in Rodriguez, Gayle, Barnes and Phillips.
Harvey Barnes is on loan from Leicester and looks real quality. One we definitely overlooked in the summer.
Completely agree :tup: :tup:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

Roberts was great last night and the first finish particularly was very smart. Looked like a weight lifted when the first goal went in.

Thought all in all it was good performance with great intensity. Slipped off a bit in the middle of the second half but Preston never really looked like scoring (other than the disallowed goal). I think a lot of teams are going to struggle with our pace and intensity this season along with the incisiveness of our passing. The ball to Klich in the first half really stood out.

I feel for Alioski as the endeavour is there, you cannot fault his effort as it is immense just somethings aren't coming off for him. He needs to realise he has the pace over most championship defenders so doesn't need to stray offside. The offside call last night however looked very marginal.

No sides i fear in the league as i don't think any side holds a candle to us at the moment. Agree West Brom look good, but their defence is shocking. Only side to score more goals than us this year yet their goal difference is half of ours.

I think we got this.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Really pleased for Roberts, those goals will give him such confidence.

Nope, every Leeds teams has a scapegoat, Ali is this seasons, yet on another day he has a few goals to his name and those same people would be kissing his butt.

He is getting better and better Jack Harrison, starting to see what Manchester City saw in him.

Birmingham, they have been playing well just cant score, watch them find there scoring boots Saturday.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

The test to tell a true Leeds fan is to see the comments above just waiting for the Wheels to fall off our wagon!!!
I guess we all just can't comprehend what is happening right now and with the same players pretty much.
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Chilli D wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:26 am Alioski can be frustrating at times but there is no doubting his work rate.
I was so pleased are the glowing appraisal Bielsa gave Cooper, with regards how he was
a good person and had qualities that he wished the rest of the team would emulate.
Cooper has been steadfast this season, much more resolute and disciplined.
Last year he was reckless and was served up red cards. Bielsa seems to have changed that,
so the rashness has disappeared from his game, and he is putting in long range cross field
passes on a par with Kalvin Phillips. I think that Bielsa's endorsement of him has silenced
the boo boys.

Perhaps Bielsa needs to give words of encouragement to Alioski. His work rate can not be faulted
and he also has an eye for goal. The two areas he needs to work on is disciple where he commits fouls
and avoiding the offside trap. It would seem that Bielsa's word is the law, when he singles out a player
the remarks he makes are usually totally unexpected and completely in opposition to what the boo
boys on the terraces are thinking. His words are sharper than a two edged sword dividing asunder
the soul and spirit, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart :) :-D :roflmao:

Bielsa by this training has transformed the Leeds team, but the bigger task for him is to use his
words to change the attitude of the fans on the terraces so that they will cheer instead of boo,
and that may be the more difficult task.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Dalton wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:11 am Excellent result last night and i take some credit for saying we wouldnt score and bearing in mind my predictions have been lousy to date it was a winner. Didnt see the game but very pleased for Roberts
So I was right Dalton :P ;-)
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

faaip wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:42 am Boo boys as ever are just wrong.....it's not rocket science to know this.

Pablo should come straight back in once fit and up to speed. But I don't think that's the way Bielsa works. Pablo maybe waiting till and injury or poor form removes his competition ...Same may be said of Roofe, especially if Roberts keeps scoring and Beradi despite the fact over the first 6/7 games he was our best defender

WBA and Brentford will be interesting games
Afternoon Faaip, the lad puts his heart and soul into each game, probably tries too hard, and that forces mistakes.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:47 am I have a funny feeling we are going to slip up to a side like Wigan or Blackburn.
We'll lose games at some stage of the season mate, won't concern me too much as I think Bielsa has instilled resilience into his players & I'd expect them to bounce back with a victory after a defeat
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:46 am Good morning Matt & everyone
Afternoon pal
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

gessa wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:47 am Pleased for Roberts, tried hard first half with little reward, you could see the delight in his face when he scored, good decision by MB to bring him off even though he was on a hattrick, he is our only fit striker no use risking injury. Harrison just got better as the game went on, no pablo but now looking like a reserve we can rely on when pablo is injured or needs a rest.

I have a funny feeling we are going to slip up to a side like Wigan or Blackburn.
Afternoon Gessa

Yes, I'm absolutely made up for Roberts.

I wish people wouldn't keep taking the streams down. Its an absolute pain.

Anybody would think they don't want us to watch the stream!!!!
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Dalton wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:11 am Excellent result last night and i take some credit for saying we wouldnt score and bearing in mind my predictions have been lousy to date it was a winner. Didnt see the game but very pleased for Roberts
Morning Dalton, Roberts did not shy away, he was always looking to be played in. So many times in the past players have gone missing.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Chilli D wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:26 am Morning All,

Afternoon Chilli D. Alioski should have to wear a special vest, that if you do something wrong i.e stray offside, you receive an electric shock administered by remotely by remote control. I'm sure Leon would do the honours... :-D
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:00 pm Afternoon Chilli D. Alioski should have to wear a special vest, that if you do something wrong i.e stray offside, you receive an electric shock administered by remotely by remote control. I'm sure Leon would do the honours... :-D
Barnes is a quality player.

I can't think of too many players I would want that we overlooked in the Summer.

I read an article earlier in the week basically saying that we dodged a bullet by not signing Kyle Bartley.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:15 am The Leeds Utd boo boys were yet again out in force last night laying into Ali-offside-ski!!!!
Does he deserve so much stick?
It's not about boo boys, the fact of the matter is Alioski's performances haven't been up to the standard of the improvement the likes of Saiz, Phillips, Cooper, Roofe & Klich have shown in their game. No doubt Alioski has been better this season but he's still showing signs of inconsistency when he should be thriving in Bielsa's style of football.

Last night he was caught offside a few times as he has been far too often this season, as I posted the other day he needs to be a bit more clever. Also lost the ball far too easily at times!

It wouldn't surprise me when Pablo is fit & ready to return it could be at the expense of Alioski with Harrison keeping his place in the first XI who is improving with every game