Patrick Bamford

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Patrick Bamford - First Interview

Post by Carrick Dave »

Bielsa will transform this guy, and he'll be fed all year by Ayling, Roberts, Saiz, Hernandez, Harrison, Baker, Roofe.

Tell me when to stop.

This is the best opportunity Leeds have had to compete for 15 years, buckle in and enjoy the ride gents, it's gonna be fun!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Patrick Bamford - WE HAVE A STRIKER

Post by 1964white »

Carrick Dave wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:16 pm Bielsa will transform this guy, and he'll be fed all year by Ayling, Roberts, Saiz, Hernandez, Harrison, Baker, Roofe.

Tell me when to stop.

This is the best opportunity Leeds have had to compete for 15 years, buckle in and enjoy the ride gents, it's gonna be fun!
Couldn't agree more Dave :tup:

Pluses this season

Top manager
An attacking formation
Two decent keepers
Two excellent wing-backs
A more versatile midfield
A proper striker upfront
Back up on the bench
1964white

Re: Patrick Bamford - WE HAVE A STRIKER

Post by 1964white »

A confident intelligent footballer

Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Patrick Bamford First Interview

Post by Norm »

1964white wrote:
A confident intelligent footballer
On the basis of that interview I agree. If he's as cool and calm in and around the box we could have a good player.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Patrick Bamford

Post by Chilli D »

[YouTube][/YouTube]Sky Sports news are reporting that Patrick Bamford will be out for four months with a knee injury.
So, do you think we have enough cover with Roofe and Roberts or will be have to call on the likes of Edmondson or Dalby?
Your thoughts?
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Re: Patrick Bamford Injury

Post by Gurj »

Terrible news this, for the lad himself and the club in general. The lack of depth in that key area is going to hurt us now. Think we will have to scour the free agent market to see if there is any one out there who could do a job for us as I dont think the likes of Robert/Edmondson/Dalby are ready yet.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Gurj wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:41 pm Terrible news this, for the lad himself and the club in general.
Yes. Gutted.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

So we are now reliant on Roofe staying free from injury & retaining his form

Roberts hasn't impressed me from what I've seen so far although he has suffered two injuries since joining Leeds & hasn't had a full pre-season so probably needs time

Edmondson & Dalby are fine young prospects but are they ready for the rigours of the Championship yet?

We are playing a dangerous game relying on limited strikers & CB's which could come back to haunt us as the season draws on

Only positive is we have scored eight goals from our midfielders & two from defenders out of the fourteen goals scored so far
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:41 pm Terrible news this, for the lad himself and the club in general. The lack of depth in that key area is going to hurt us now Think we will have to scour the free agent market to see if there is any one out there who could do a job for us as I dont think the likes of Robert/Edmondson/Dalby are ready yet.
The writing was on the wall Gurj, was there for all to see!

We've already dropped points at Swansea having to play without a unrecognised CB imo!

One fit recognised striker does not fill me with confidence
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Was always a concern going into a season with such a thin squad.

Already suffering,Berardi, Cooper,Forshaw and Hernandez all missed games already through injury.

Bamford is a huge blow.

Roofe has done excellently but he has had good spells before that have tailed off.

Huge pressure on Roofe now.

But on the bright side we have a free scoring 17 year old who like Bamford can play wide or through the middle and is a 6fter.

Step forward Jack Clarke. :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Yeah, I'm with CJay, next man up, Clarke and Edmondson will fill the void. Both offer something different to Roofe. No one plays lights out every game so of course Roofe will have a dip in form..Beckford used to get them frequently.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Don't see the point scouring the jobless for a scrub to start
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:13 pm Don't see the point scouring the jobless for a scrub to start
This :tup:

We've had the best u23 side form wise in 2018.

We have an injury.

So why spend money when we have young players who know the style, know Carlos and have been brilliant all year.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Jerry Mbakogu still hasn't got a club :whisp:
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:13 pm Don't see the point scouring the jobless for a scrub to start
Agree pointless mate, won't happen we'll go with what we have in the squad now
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Does anyone know if we've got young Clarke tied up on a decent length contract? If he starts strutting his stuff in The Championship then I can see other clubs come sniffing around.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Gandalf wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:49 pm Jerry Mbakogu still hasn't got a club :whisp:
Don't
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Typical Leeds, we never get any luck on these things. I guess the positives are that he's barely featured so far and we have goalscorers in other positions. Time for Edmondson, Dalby and Kun to step up now. I think he should be back for the Christmas/New Year period.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:33 pm Does anyone know if we've got young Clarke tied up on a decent length contract? If he starts strutting his stuff in The Championship then I can see other clubs come sniffing around.
Signed a deal on his 17th birthday which initialy runs out in 2021 Swannie
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:54 pm Signed a deal on his 17th birthday which initialy runs out in 2021 Swannie
Thanks 64 :)