Tip for Wednesday

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
hector

Tip for Wednesday

Post by hector »

cool-quote-woman-chocolate-angry.jpg
cool-quote-woman-chocolate-angry.jpg (67.2 KiB) Viewed 3789 times
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Tip for Wednesday

Post by Norm »

:lol:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Hey Hector - my last alcohol was on 7/8 - since then, I kid you not, I've lost 15 lbs!!!!!!!1
I knew I'd got fluid weight but sheesh.

My miles walked have gone to 3 daily at 17/18-minute mile pace. When I get to 4 miles I'll gradually increase my speed to 15-minute mile pace. Long way to go but a good start I think - good job my breathing's never suffered.
hector

Post by hector »

chuffed to bits for you Norm.... It is all the carbohydrates in alcohol that cause the fluid retention and the weight... It also causes the paunch around the middriff..

I am currently on low carb and high fat diet for a while to loose the excess that I put on at Xmas and have not been bothered to lose yet...... Although I am still a stone lighter than this time last year....

Keep up the good work...
gessa

Post by gessa »

Norm wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:05 am Hey Hector - my last alcohol was on 7/8 - since then, I kid you not, I've lost 15 lbs!!!!!!!1
I knew I'd got fluid weight but sheesh.

My miles walked have gone to 3 daily at 17/18-minute mile pace. When I get to 4 miles I'll gradually increase my speed to 15-minute mile pace. Long way to go but a good start I think - good job my breathing's never suffered.

Good to read Norm. That's a decent pace too.
Keep it up mate.
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Great work on that gents... I have lost a stone too since the new year but watching last nights game at a pub isnt healthy especially with the centre backs we put out!
drives a guy to drink!
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Thanks gents - appreciate the words.
hector

Post by hector »

Funny-Fat-People-3.jpg
Funny-Fat-People-3.jpg (27.52 KiB) Viewed 3629 times
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Well done you guys. It's all about setting a new routine....
I used to be a chocaholic, eating chocolates, chocolate bars you name it after midnight after a few glasses of wine and a bag of crisps. I even had a plastic tub filled with Thorntons and Milk Tray in my bedside drawer, and would eat them in the early hours or when I woke up during the night. I weighed in at 70 kilo's, which for someone only 4ft 11, I was classed as obese on the BMI scale. One morning I woke up and just felt terrible. It was like a chocolate hangover. I decided there and then (exactly 2 years ago) that I would completely cut out the chocolate eating and the night time bag of crisps....and within 9 months I was down to 56 kilo's, ( a loss of around 2 stone) which is my round about weight now...Still no chocolate, just the occasional white magnum on a weekend.
Also walking every day with houndie for up tp two hours helps....mind you, it is at a snails pace :lol:
gessa

Post by gessa »

whiteswan wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:40 pm Well done you guys. It's all about setting a new routine....
I used to be a chocaholic, eating chocolates, chocolate bars you name it after midnight after a few glasses of wine and a bag of crisps. I even had a plastic tub filled with Thorntons and Milk Tray in my bedside drawer, and would eat them in the early hours or when I woke up during the night. I weighed in at 70 kilo's, which for someone only 4ft 11, I was classed as obese on the BMI scale. One morning I woke up and just felt terrible. It was like a chocolate hangover. I decided there and then (exactly 2 years ago) that I would completely cut out the chocolate eating and the night time bag of crisps....and within 9 months I was down to 56 kilo's, ( a loss of around 2 stone) which is my round about weight now...Still no chocolate, just the occasional white magnum on a weekend.
Also walking every day with houndie for up tp two hours helps....mind you, it is at a snails pace :lol:

Well done Swannie
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Aye, well done Swan - that took some doing without pairing up with somebody else.
Women tend to help others with that sort of thing but men tend to shrug it off and ignore it or get embarrassed by it somehow.
Debbie and I have always helped each other - of course that includes the over-indulgence that caused the problem in the first place! :lol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

gessa wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:46 pm Well done Swannie
Thank You ges, although the nightly malt or two were never in doubt :) (The original Singleton this evening )
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Norm wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:58 pm Aye, well done Swan - that took some doing without pairing up with somebody else.
Women tend to help others with that sort of thing but men tend to shrug it off and ignore it or get embarrassed by it somehow.
Debbie and I have always helped each other - of course that includes the over-indulgence that caused the problem in the first place! :lol:
I've been counting calories for years Norm, my weight fluctuating all the time. I would count food calories, and then go bonkers with the chocolate at night, so never really got anywhere with weight loss. Since I've given up on the midnight choccy feasting, I feel more in control, so much so that I can now introduce nightly crisps when I want, and give myself Sat/Sun off the calorie regime. I weigh in every Sat morning.....
Really good luck to you and Debbie.....seems like you're on a winning streak :)
Keep us informed.....I'm interested in how you get on.....
gessa

Post by gessa »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:00 am Thank You ges, although the nightly malt or two were never in doubt :) (The original Singleton this evening )

There are some things you sbould never give up and a good malt is one of them. :)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:12 am I've been counting calories for years Norm, my weight fluctuating all the time. I would count food calories, and then go bonkers with the chocolate at night, so never really got anywhere with weight loss. Since I've given up on the midnight choccy feasting, I feel more in control, so much so that I can now introduce nightly crisps when I want, and give myself Sat/Sun off the calorie regime. I weigh in every Sat morning.....
Really good luck to you and Debbie.....seems like you're on a winning streak :)
Keep us informed.....I'm interested in how you get on.....
I'm also a chocolate addict but gave it up completely about 2 years ago. Same with snacks. But my diet is insane due to my many issues that finding something to eat is often very difficult and I get bored with eating within strict boundaries all the time. You should see the list of stuff I can't eat for one reason or another.

I daren't start eating chocolate again. I'd never stop and after a while you stop craving it
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Faaip I think you said you had celiac disease, or maybe not as simple as that, not sure of the words you used.
Our son Michael has mild autism but his main deficiency is expressive and receptive language disorder. If means all communication is a minefield.
Since he's left school he has improved enormously and he keeps trying to communicate with people.
He doesn't have celiac but, when we took him off gluten some years ago, he did show signs of improvement. The thing that amazed us is just how difficult it is to go gluten-free. Every meal you eat in a restaurant is going to have bread featuring somewhere (in the U.S. anyway) and, even if you get a burger without the bun, it's odds-on that the burger will have arrived at the restaurant as part of a frozen pack - and the suppliers use flour to ensure the burgers don't stick together in their uncooked state.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I am a Coeliac, which is an auto immune disease as gluten severely effects certain parts of the intestine. It's zero tolerance for most of us, and I've been one probably my whole life but diagnosed since 2005. It's lead to me having IBS and a lactose intolerance, two other conditions that require close monitoring diet wise. I can eat cheese and milk but I won't feel great after doing so.

There's also a few other foods I cannot any longer eat plus there's quite a lot of foods I really dislike the taste of. (Any kind of cooked cheese, mushrooms, and things like cabbage/sprouts and cauliflower spring to mind. I've never eaten any of these

I tend to live off cereal (GF cornflakes) up to three times a day if I can't find anything for lunch, breakfast and late evening snack now I've given up gluten free bread/biscuits/rolls/crumpets and cakes. Plus the main meal of the day at around 7.30 pm, usually Chicken/Pork or Fish plus Veg. Eggs I'm ok with though I don't like the taste of the yellow part on it own
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I almost never eat out and when it's called for I'll cook and take my own food to family functions. In restaurants I'd have to see how they cooked the food to be sure of zero cross contamination. I once ordered a gluten free salad that arrived with croutons ...in a restaurant supposedly specializing in GF food. Had to send that back and then chose not to re-order..Nothing worse than being in a restaurant watching other people eat delicious smelling food. That's happened a few times too.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

faaip wrote:
I almost never eat out and when it's called for I'll cook and take my own food to family functions. In restaurants I'd have to see how they cooked the food to be sure of zero cross contamination. I once ordered a gluten free salad that arrived with croutons ...in a restaurant supposedly specializing in GF food. Had to send that back and then chose not to re-order..Nothing worse than being in a restaurant watching other people eat delicious smelling food. That's happened a few times too.
That's disgraceful - they deserve to lose their licence (or whatever it is they have which entitles them to carry the GF logo) either for fraud or slipshod food safety practices.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

It was a chain IIRC Outback Steakhouse or something near Richmond, can't really blame them I think they were more dealing with the fashionable gluten free by choice crowd rather than it will make me very ill if I ate it group. It was at the time one of the only restaurants purporting to provide a GF service..things are a lot better now. There is a very good pub on the IoW that really caters for GFers, Veggies etc...loads of choice including a GF tempura batter for their fish and chips. Course it costs 200 quid plus to get across and back by car from the IoW, so makes it a touch expensive