Mateusz Klich

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Mateusz Klich

Post by fred »

faaip wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:26 am He called out TC, that's the reason he got ignored. My guess would be it was fair criticism
Players can critizise the coach, but the coach isn`t allwed to critizise players. (Implying that the critizism is not spoken out under four eyes, but in font of media.)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Training with the u23s.

Shame that it seems he wont get a chance.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Probably said something to Biesla...Which makes me want him as captain even more
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Tend to agree
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Is this 'training with the U23s' strictly true? I thought that Klich was in the 'maybe' group, a mix of fringe players and u23s who Bielsa wants another look at before he makes a decision on whether or not they're in. Perhaps I've got that wrong
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Not reading too much into training with the U23's as Biesla trains players in small groups according to his bio.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

It might have nothing to do with skill and ability or lack of, Klich might just not fit into Bielsa plans for the season ahead, square peg round hole. A chance for Bielsa to free up some wage budget
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

you don't make a player train with the youth/reserve squad unless you want to get rid. whether he doesnt fit the system or bielsa doesn't think he's good enough, he won't be playing for us next season
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

You're probably right and he'll be followed by Roofe and Vierra I expect. 3 of my favourite players there. Have a feeling I won't like his tenure early. Fingers crossed he can change my mind.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

faaip wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:49 pm You're probably right and he'll be followed by Roofe and Vierra I expect. 3 of my favourite players there. Have a feeling I won't like his tenure early. Fingers crossed he can change my mind.
hope roofe and vierra stay - like you I rate them both
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I agree with you both - actually I'm not a great Roofe fan but I do like him and think he will improve with time and opportunity.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Head and shoulders the standout midfielder today and 100% deserves to start vs Stoke.

Showed strength to hold off people and retain possession.

Dribbled past players AND stayed on his feet when others would have fell over, then he played the right pass.

Only player who always looked and completed the difficult but more ambitious and productive passes

Read the game well, saved Dallas when he got sloppy as last man.

Well done Klich
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Does what it said on the tin...who knew? ....He's going to slice and dice defences in given the chance.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Really impressive in the last few games, albeit against poor opposition. He looks fitter and stronger, and his passing today was sublime. We had a hidden gem in our midst all the time. He has to start against Stoke.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:56 pm Head and shoulders the standout midfielder today and 100% deserves to start vs Stoke.

Showed strength to hold off people and retain possession.

Dribbled past players AND stayed on his feet when others would have fell over, then he played the right pass.

Only player who always looked and completed the difficult but more ambitious and productive passes

Read the game well, saved Dallas when he got sloppy as last man.

Well done Klich
Came on at half-time & slotted in immediately taking the game by the scuff of the neck, imposing himself & totally controlling the game. What I admire about Klich is he likes to move the ball quickly with accuracy, he made something happen with every sublime pass today. We haven't had a midfielder who controls a game in a very long time, no passing backwards & sideways with this fella, always looking for a killer pass

Has to start v Stoke, just hope he lives up to the adulation our fans are throwing his way today should he be given a opportunity next Sunday
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Don't see him unseating Forshaw if he's fit unless he's plays in the hole. Instead of Hernandez or Saiz, I'd have no problem with that
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Without wishing to sound like the voice of doom and gloom, there are enough of those on here, Klich is still to prove himself in a full blooded championship match. Spanish opposition, where he would be allowed more time on the ball, other friendlies and a half baked cup match are still no indicator but with that said at least he has appeared to be giving everything to try to force his way in which is certainly a big plus for him as it would have been very easy for him to just have been going through the motions and waiting for a move out of the club. He has now put himself into the manager's thoughts and hopefully he will grab the opportunity, if it arises, and show he can do it against championship teams and prove to us all that Orta is a better talent scout than many think he is.

Certainly if he can pull the strings in our midfield it could make a huge difference as we have been crying out for a midfielder that can do that for a long, long time.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:27 pm Without wishing to sound like the voice of doom and gloom, there are enough of those on here, Klich is still to prove himself in a full blooded championship match. Spanish opposition, where he would be allowed more time on the ball, other friendlies and a half baked cup match are still no indicator but with that said at least he has appeared to be giving everything to try to force his way in which is certainly a big plus for him as it would have been very easy for him to just have been going through the motions and waiting for a move out of the club. He has now put himself into the manager's thoughts and hopefully he will grab the opportunity, if it arises, and show he can do it against championship teams and prove to us all that Orta is a better talent scout than many think he is.

Certainly if he can pull the strings in our midfield it could make a huge difference as we have been crying out for a midfielder that can do that for a long, long time.
If he can't then it doesn't bode well for the rest of the midfield who struggled to hit accurate passes against the same opposition. He will of course need run but he's stronger than Phillips/Vierra/Heranandez/Saiz/Whomever, so if he can't stand up to the rigours of press then the others certainly won't
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:27 pm Without wishing to sound like the voice of doom and gloom, there are enough of those on here, Klich is still to prove himself in a full blooded championship match. Spanish opposition, where he would be allowed more time on the ball, other friendlies and a half baked cup match are still no indicator but with that said at least he has appeared to be giving everything to try to force his way in which is certainly a big plus for him as it would have been very easy for him to just have been going through the motions and waiting for a move out of the club. He has now put himself into the manager's thoughts and hopefully he will grab the opportunity, if it arises, and show he can do it against championship teams and prove to us all that Orta is a better talent scout than many think he is.

Always been something about Klich imo, even against Cardiff, aside from the slip he seemed extremely composed, a slip could happen to anyone, he was trying to retain possession and turned back on himself rather then hoofing forward to nobody as most of our squad would.

Las Palmas have spent the last few years in La Liga and battered Birmingham the other day, fairly decent opposition.

Klich took control of the game against the toughest opposition of the pre season, Forshaw, Phillips etc couldn't do that to any meaningful degree against far weaker opposition.
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Not saying he can't do it - am certainly hoping he can it just seems strange that if he is as good as he seems in the matches I mentioned how was he signed for only around £1m and why weren't teams queuing up to sign him, either permanently or on loan, when he was deemed surplus to requirements?