The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 23 July)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 23 July)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Could Saiz be on the move? Not if Bielsa has his way!

Leeds have turned down offers of 7m and 10m Euro's!

“Before unfounded rumours place Samu Saiz with SD Huesca: Getafe has made an offer of €7m for the player and Valencia another [offer]of €10m. Both have been rejected by Leeds United. Bielsa trusts Samu and he has no intention of leaving.”

It begs the questions, who's going to be dropped from midfield?

Hernandez, Saiz, Dallas, Baker, Viera, Alioski, Forshaw, Ideguchi, Clich, Phillips.

Assuming O'Kane, Murphy and Sacko are on the move, we still have 10 midfielders vying for starting positions.

Thoughts?

After a six month wait, we finally caught a glimpse of Tyler Roberts yesterday. The 19 yo came on for the last 30 minutes and showed some good movement.

After the game, he left with an icepack on his shin which he said was a precautionary measure - we will see!

Is Kemar Roofe too lightweight to perform a centre forwards role? Does he get bullied of the ball too much?

Do Leeds need better then Roofe up front? If so, why havn't Leeds accepted the Baggies 7m offer for him?

James McClean has signed for Stoke for 5m!

Bargain, or problem waiting to happen?

The Sun are reporting that Leeds are keen on signing Oldham's Tom Hamer.

Right back Hamer 18, is also said to be attracting Premier League interest.

Leeds have finally signed Bulgarian stopper Dimitar Sheytanov! In fact he actually played the second half of the Ossett Utd game, though according to the teamsheet his name was Georgia!

Georgia it appears is a codeword for young Bulgarian!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 23 July)

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:04 am Hernandez, Saiz, Dallas, Baker, Viera, Alioski, Forshaw, Ideguchi, Clich, Phillips.

Assuming O'Kane, Murphy and Sacko are on the move, we still have 10 midfielders vying for starting positions
Good Morning Matt & All

On the evidence so far I think you can narrow the midfield down somewhat

Hernandez, Saiz, Dallas, Baker, Vieira, Alioski, Forshaw, Phillips.

Saiz doesn't deserve his place yet, Baker may need more time....who knows !
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:04 am Is Kemar Roofe too lightweight to perform a centre forwards role? Does he get bullied of the ball too much?

Do Leeds need better then Roofe up front? If so, why havn't Leeds accepted the Baggies 7m offer for him?
Yes far too lightweight as is Saiz & Alioski.....remember these three attacking options played in many games last season & struggled to break championship defences down, we had a scoring problem, we still have. All three are easily bullied off the ball !

We need a proper striker with power & pace, someone who can makes goals for himself, someone who can hit the target eight times out of ten, someone who can score with his head as well as his feet, a striker that puts the fear of god in defences !
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Should have taken the money for Saiz and maybe Roofe if they're not in first team plans. Roofe dangerous again yesterday and one of our better players if not MOTM. But he needs a strike partner. Odds of us finding let along buying the striker described by 64 must be slim. It's basically a Shearer clone we're looking for at around 5 mill and 25 grand a week wages

14-17 million euros for players sat on our bench makes little sense, may just be a case of see how much they'll up the bid or we're waiting to get replacements in first though that makes no sense with what we have that could replace Saiz in particular. We have no replacement for Roofe

Hamer would be an U23 I'd imagine, and again not a position of need. Hope we're not falling into the "we can't add what we need so lets add what we can get " trap

Baker is a loan from Chelsea, I'd imagine they'd want him to start most games

Roberts offered nothing up front for me and looked comfortable as yet another AMF...We have 5 or 6 number 10's it seems

The addition of another keeper is interesting though. U23 while Miazek slips to U18?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:29 am Good Morning Matt & All

On the evidence so far I think you can narrow the midfield down somewhat

Hernandez, Saiz, Dallas, Baker, Vieira, Alioski, Forshaw, Phillips.

Saiz doesn't deserve his place yet, Baker may need more time....who knows !
Morning Leon, I knew you had a soft spot for Alioski! :roflmao:
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

faaip wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:01 am Should have taken the money for Saiz and maybe Roofe if they're not in first team plans. Roofe dangerous again yesterday and one of our better players if not MOTM. But he needs a strike partner. Odds of us finding let along buying the striker described by 64 must be slim. It's basically a Shearer clone we're looking for at around 5 mill and 25 grand a week wages

14-17 million euros for players sat on our bench makes little sense, may just be a case of see how much they'll up the bid or we're waiting to get replacements in first though that makes no sense with what we have that could replace Saiz in particular. We have no replacement for Roofe

Hamer would be an U23 I'd imagine, and again not a position of need. Hope we're not falling into the "we can't add what we need so lets add what we can get " trap

Baker is a loan from Chelsea, I'd imagine they'd want him to start most games

Roberts offered nothing up front for me and looked comfortable as yet another AMF...We have 5 or 6 number 10's it seems

The addition of another keeper is interesting though. U23 while Miazek slips to U18?
Morning Faaip, it begs the question, what is more important to Leeds Utd, first team players or u23's?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

For us playing against the big boys we need to build through the youth, at least until the guy who can afford to spend 60M on the first teams without blinking an eye buys us.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

I'd take the money for Saiz, think he has been found out to a certain extent.

Didn't see anything of Roberts, so can't comment. Hoping he comes good.

Roofe is not a centre forward, but could play off a partner and be effective. As faaip has alluded, I don't know where we get one from, but we need a 20 goal striker or we're going to struggle.

Don't rate McLean. Puts in a shift, and puts it about, but he's no game changer. What is does highlight, though, is that Stoke are going for the instant return. Much more do-able with a decent manager in Rowett and £140 million to spend as a reward for being abject in the Premiership :evil:

We don't need a RB, we need a decent CB to play alongside PJ with Cooper as back up
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
gessa

Post by gessa »

lufc1304 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:16 am I'd take the money for Saiz, think he has been found out to a certain extent.

Roofe is not a centre forward, but could play off a partner and be effective. As faaip has alluded, I don't know where we get one from, but we need a 20 goal striker or we're going to struggle.

Don't rate McLean. Puts in a shift, and puts it about, but he's no game changer. What is does highlight, though, is that Stoke are going for the instant return. Much more do-able with a decent manager in Rowett and £140 million to spend as a reward for being abject in the Premiership :evil:

We don't need a RB, we need a decent CB to play alongside PJ with Cooper as back up

Have to agree with all of this.
Roberts isn't for now, a bench player at best.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

lufc1304 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:16 am I'd take the money for Saiz, think he has been found out to a certain extent.

Morning 1304, we also desperately need some height in defence. We are venerable on set pieces...
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

gessa wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:21 am Have to agree with all of this.
Roberts isn't for now, a bench player at best.
Morning Gessa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:15 am Morning 1304, we also desperately need some height in defence. We are venerable on set pieces...
Freudian slip?
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

10 million euros for Saiz! I'd drive him there myself for that much
gessa

Post by gessa »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:16 am Morning Gessa

Morning Matt.
gessa

Post by gessa »

danhirons wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:38 am 10 million euros for Saiz! I'd drive him there myself for that much
Me too, if the money was used on the squad.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:04 am Is Kemar Roofe too lightweight to perform a centre forwards role? Does he get bullied of the ball too much?

I don't believe there was an actual offer, otherwise he would have been out of the door. Fed up of seeing him fall over at the slightest puff of wind. A more robust and skilful target man needed. Oliveira might fit the bill, I am singularly unimpressed with Hugill, so we'll probably get him.
So you see in Roofe what I have witnessed over the last two seasons
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

danhirons wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:38 am 10 million euros for Saiz! I'd drive him there myself for that much
Afternoon Dan
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Gandalf wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:52 am
Afternoon Gandalf, I take your points regarding Roofe and Hugill.

Are are being linked with a loan move for Joel Campbell.

That could be interesting...
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:45 am Afternoon Gandalf, I take your points regarding Roofe and Hugill.

Are are being linked with a loan move for Joel Campbell.

That could be interesting...
Nah, Fenerbahce and Lazio also in for him.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Gandalf wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:52 am So you see in Roofe what I have witnessed over the last two seasons
I didn't post that ??