Super League

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Super League

Post by weasel »

beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

the right decision , just a matter of who now ? , the next man must insist on a player budget and nail Hetherington down ,

Brian was one of the all time great coaches but his time had come , Hetherington is a very shrewd business man ,Mcdermott
contract that he signed end of 2016, stipulated the club could sack immediately without compensation if he did not win 40% of any ten matches . this was the earliest opportunity to enforce it . think it was happening as soon as this target was not met to be honest .

kevin Sinfield & Jamie Peacock ???????????????? :tup:
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

May you get what you wish (Aristotle - maybe :victor: )
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Kevin Sinfield appointed first ever director of rugby at Leeds with immediate effect....James Lowes new full time coach....
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:18 am Kevin Sinfield appointed first ever director of rugby at Leeds with immediate effect....James Lowes new full time coach....
Had an inclination Kev would return :-D

Good luck Kev & James
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

1964white wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:22 am Had an inclination Kev would return :-D

Good luck Kev & James
hmmm , wish them both all the luck in the world but cant help feeling Hetherington has appointed Sinfield to keep him company on the 6 week scouting missions to Australia , stop it Bert positive thinking only now sir Kev is back :tup: :tup: :tup:
wiilko
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by wiilko »

Sad to see McD go. He wasn't the problem. Poor recruitment. No replacement for Sinfield as a goal kicker was the biggest mistake but we lost several of our golden generation and there was no investment in replacements. Makes one think that all funds were syphoned off for the Headingley reconstruction.

So we now have a second class RL club and a second class County Cricket club.

I know that many LUFC supporters support other RL clubs but for those of us in Leeds, Leeds RL and Yorkshire cricket are in our blood.

In the 60-70s we ruled the roust in every sport. Now we have a giant football club languishing in the Championship mid table. A RL club which is probably going to avoid relegation at best and a County Cricket side who will have a battle to avoid relegation and have no chance to win any one day competition.

What has gone wrong?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

wiilko wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:11 pm Sad to see McD go. He wasn't the problem. Poor recruitment. No replacement for Sinfield as a goal kicker was the biggest mistake but we lost several of our golden generation and there was no investment in replacements. Makes one think that all funds were syphoned off for the Headingley reconstruction.

So we now have a second class RL club and a second class County Cricket club.

I know that many LUFC supporters support other RL clubs but for those of us in Leeds, Leeds RL and Yorkshire cricket are in our blood.

In the 60-70s we ruled the roust in every sport. Now we have a giant football club languishing in the Championship mid table. A RL club which is probably going to avoid relegation at best and a County Cricket side who will have a battle to avoid relegation and have no chance to win any one day competition.

What has gone wrong?
Poor management at the top is the root of our clubs upheavals since the 60's/70's

I was lucky to enjoy that period Wiilko

Watching the likes of Lewis Jones, Robin Dewhurst, Geoff Boycott, FreddieTrueman, Brian Cllose, Ray Illingworth, Bremner, Giles, Big Jack, Norm, Clarke, Jones & the rest of those great Revie's teams was a dream come for a boy growing up in the back streets of Leeds.

Great memories that will live with me forever :-D

Yorkshire Leeds based sport teams will never reach such heights again simultaneously
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Norm wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:07 am I never before realised how far they have to travel to play in England - and of course how far every English club has to travel for their away games to the south of France.
The Dragons must have a cash cow and maybe a private airplane to afford the flights to England every other week.
They outplayed Wakey on Saturday Norm, now on the same 18 points. They were bottom of the table in May but now on a tremendous run. Wakey stay in 6th due to Salford and Leeds losing yesterday.
When I went to see wakefield play a few years ago, I ended up sitting next to two ladies in their 80's. They went all over with Wakey and especially loved the away game to France. I'm more of a traditionalist though, for me, an English league should only host English teams :rugby: :rugby: :rugby:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Biggy on Friday Leon. Wakey travel to Headingly. It's on Sky.....
A Leeds win will put them one point behind Wakey and if my maths is correct, a Wakey win should see them one point away from keeping Super League status.
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

http://www.totalrl.com/tui-lolohea-head ... 19-season/

what a fantastic signing both Wigan and Saints were after him , keep spending the money Gary :tup: :tup:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

beer belly bert wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:01 pm http://www.totalrl.com/tui-lolohea-head ... 19-season/

what a fantastic signing both Wigan and Saints were after him , keep spending the money Gary :tup: :tup:
Your wish has been answered bert....spend some money!!!!! :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Are you watching Radz ?
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

1964white wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:00 am Are you watching Radz ?
Radz is at the England V Croatia match tonight , he must be scouting Kane and Vardy double signing :tup:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

beer belly bert wrote:

Radz is at the England V Croatia match tonight , he must be scouting Kane and Vardy double signing :tup:
Ha ha - how the heck do you get hold of such info Bert?
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Ryan Hall to Sydney roosters at the end of this season ?????????
1964white

Post by 1964white »

beer belly bert wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:48 pm Ryan Hall to Sydney roosters at the end of this season ?????????
Another one of our greats going possibly ?
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

whiteswan wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:49 pm Your wish has been answered bert....spend some money!!!!! :)

I very nearly replied to you Swannie when you posted this but held fire because in the back of my mind some thing was not right and this is not how Gary hetherington does business , Now the rumours (which in my view are stronger than a rumour ) regarding Ryan Hall going to Australia at the end of the season makes sense , so Ryan Hall = top earner , replaced by mid to high earner , typical Hetherington .

But hey ho Ryan was good for at least another couple of seasons in my view . :tup:
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Ryan Hall confirmed he is leaving at the end of the season.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

What a fantastic performance from Wakey Trinity this aft, beating Hull 72-10 to take them into 6th place and safe from the qualifiers. Up in Wakey at the mo and was going to go to the game, but Mr Swan's gout is playing up something awful so we ended up not going!