The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 9th July)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 9th July)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Is the Vydra deal going to happen or not?

If truth be known, Leeds Utd themselves don't have a clue, but they are keeping their options open.

Jordan Hugill, the former Preston front man has been linkled to a season long loan move from the London Stadium.

Should we be able to secure the move, it would still mean we would be able to sign Vydra.

The other rumours doing the rounds should we not be able to sign Vyrda is either Boro front man Britt Assombalonga (who recently had a training ground bust up with team mates) or Villa talisman Jonathan Kodjia!

We heard last Thursday that Leeds wanted to sign a goalkeeper by the end of last week.

Obviously that did not happen. Surely this means we should see it happen today?
Last edited by Ellandback1 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 9th July)

Post by HarryofOz »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:14 am Good Morning Everyone

Is the Vydra deal going to happen or not?

If truth be known, Leeds Utd themselves don't have a clue, but they are keeping their options open.

Jordan Hugill, the former Preston front man has been linkled to a season long loan move from the London Stadium.

Should we be able to secure the move, it would still mean we would be able to sign Vydra.

The other rumours doing the rounds should we not be able to sign Vyrda is either Boro front man Britt Assombalonga (who recently had a training ground bust up with team mates) or Villa talisman Jonathan Kodjia!

We herard last Thursday that Leeds wanted to sign a goalkeeper by the end of last week.

Obviously that did not happen. Surely this means we should see it today?
Good morning EB, don't call me Shirley :)
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Morning Matt.

Strange Vydra nor Hernandez have found new clubs yet, wonder why that is, especially Hernandez.

Hugill is a no for me, not an inspiring signing if it were to happen.

Expect a new keeper today/ tomorrow plus one more this week.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Monday Debate

Hundreds of England fans descended on IKEA in East London following their victory over Sweden on Saturday.

These fans , many of them drunk were jumping up and down on the furniture / beds singing England songs!

Your opinion - high spirits or lock the yobs up?
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

HarryofOz wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:29 am Good morning EB, don't call me Shirley :)
Evening Harry, only at weekends, eh?
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:10 am Evening Harry, only at weekends, eh?
:lol: :lol:
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

gessa wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:50 am Morning Matt.

Strange Vydra nor Hernandez have found new clubs yet, wonder why that is, especially Hernandez.

Hugill is a no for me, not an inspiring signing if it were to happen.

Expect a new keeper today/ tomorrow plus one more this week.
Morning Gessa, I agree with you regarding the transfers. I hope its a signing to get excited about. Something happened on Friday for the transfer of the Chelsea keeper not to go through. Let's hope Citeh have an agreement with us over Gunn....
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Good morning Matt

As for the supposedly big transfers I'll believe it when happens, once again the transfer window has become tedious as far as Leeds fans are concerned.

Definitely no to Hugill

Unfortunately beer/lager brings out the worst in football fans.

I see it at every Leeds away game, it seems acceptable from the football society to behave like idiots although we do live in a yob culture these days which only increases the problems

Tbh if it wasn't for my love of LUFC I wouldn't venture anywhere near the yob element.

Call me Mr Boring but I don't see the fun in getting absolutely bladdered, excess alcohol is the root of so many problems in general life nowadays which has the knock on effect of putting a massive strain on the NHS
gessa

Post by gessa »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:09 am Monday Debate

Hundreds of England fans descended on IKEA in East London following their victory over Sweden on Saturday.

These fans , many of them drunk were jumping up and down on the furniture / beds singing England songs!

Your opinion - high spirits or lock the yobs up?
Lock em up, in flat pack cells
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:39 am Lock em up, in flat pack cells
:rol: :rol: :rol:
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

1964white wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:34 am Good morning Matt

As for the supposedly big transfers I'll believe it when happens, once again the transfer window has become tedious as far as Leeds fans are concerned.

Definitely no to Hugill

I see it at every Leeds away game, it seems acceptable from the football society to behave like idiots although we do live in a yob culture these days which only increases the problems

Tbh if it wasn't for my love of LUFC I wouldn't venture anywhere near the yob element.

Call me Mr Boring but I don't see the fun in getting absolutely bladdered, excess alcohol is the root of so many problems in general life nowadays which has the knock on effect of putting a massive strain on the NHS
drinking excessively is not a new element of society - you just see it more nowadays because of social media
1964white

Post by 1964white »

danhirons wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:22 am drinking excessively is not a new element of society - you just see it more nowadays because of social media
More prevalent now I believe !

Plenty of cheap booze can be purchased at the supermarkets than decades ago

My grandad's or father never drank at 9 o'clock in the morning

Women never use to drink pints years ago
hector

Post by hector »

There are people sat outside Wetherspoons in Andover on a monday morning at 0830 with a pint and a fag...... they may be there earlier than that, only that is the time I get there to do my shopping....
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

@PhilHayYEP
9m9 minutes ago
Not looking promising with Matej Vydra - Leeds United cool interest in Derby County striker after balking at fresh wage demands
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Must admit the lack of the booze/yob culture was a huge plus when I was living in Spain. Obviously the coastline areas is boozy (but that is in general the brits abroad) but how great it was late at night to be able to sit outside bars watching footy, kids running and playing, people drinking but sociably, no sign of trouble, nobody shouting fighting, no smashed glasses everywhere and no people urinating etc. Have a drink, meet people, have a good time, drink till the early hours and no sign of trouble.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:34 am Good morning Matt

Definitely no to Hugill

Afternoon Leon,

My balcony overlooks Southampton high St. There were hundreds of steaming fans leaving the pubs at 5pm, chanting, kicking things, walking in the traffic, just general anti social behaviour, and very aggressive.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

danhirons wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:22 am drinking excessively is not a new element of society - you just see it more nowadays because of social media
Afternoon Dan, I think you're right.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:25 pm There are people sat outside Wetherspoons in Andover on a monday morning at 0830 with a pint and a fag...... they may be there earlier than that, only that is the time I get there to do my shopping....
See the same here at Wetherspoons when I drive through our local town

Bordering on alcoholism if one is drinking at that time, all very sad !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:38 pm Afternoon Dan, I think you're right.
I disagree Matt, the situation has got worse, more access to alcohol at all hours of the day.

People's drinking habits use to be contained to the pubs in the main years ago, not the case anymore
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:37 pm Afternoon Leon,

My balcony overlooks Southampton high St. There were hundreds of steaming fans leaving the pubs at 5pm, chanting, kicking things, walking in the traffic, just general anti social behaviour, and very aggressive.
As I posted earlier I often see these situations at Leeds aways & we won't be the only fans who behave like idiots. I don't bother venturing down the concourse at half-time as the toilets are generally full of smoke & drink is being thrown everywhere, totally manic !