The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 6th July)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 6th July)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Leeds left back Tyler Denton looks certain to to complete a season long loan to Peterbough today.

The 22 year old does not feature in Bielsa's plans fore the forthcoming season.

Neither does Jay Roy Grot. The 19 year old has moved back to Holland on a season-long loan with Dutch top-flight side VVV Venlo.

As reporterd yesterday Andy Lonergan has parted ways with Leeds by mutual consent. The 34 year old may be joining Sunderland, who were after his signature in the January transfer window.

With Lonners and Felix gone, our goal keeping situation is looking a little sparce. but not for long.

A new keeper is set to sign within the next 48 hours.

At this stage, the club is keeping quiet on the identity of the shotstopper, though the rumour is Jamal Blackman will be joining...

Two weeks in, and the players are really being put through their paces at Thorp Arch

Players are arriving at 9am and leaving after 7pm. On certain nights they have roomed in a nearby hotel, cutting out the drive to and from Wetherby.

Angus Kinnear has been speaking to the YEP, about the difference Marcelo Bielsa has made in twoi short weeks :-

“All of the physical training appears to be in context,” Kinnear told the YEP. “Rather than running for the sake of running, everything’s with the ball, everything’s done in game scenarios. The players are receiving a lot more individual coaching than they have previously.

“Anybody who followed Leeds last season will have seen that the players didn’t play to 100 per cent of their potential. I know there’s a massive interest about who we’ll bring in but I also think we’ve got players with fantastic potential if they’re playing at 100 per cent, rather than 70 per cent. That could be the difference between last season and doing something significant.

“I know people get frustrated about the speed of the progress we make (in the transfer market) but the key for us is that we make the right decisions and that they’re fully considered. Marcelo had clear areas that he wanted to strengthen and where he saw weaknesses but also, it makes sense for him to spend some time with the squad as he fine-tunes his requirements.”

“We have some hugely talented young players and one of the other differences is an immediate integration of the young players into working with the first team,” said Kinnear, talking at the launch of United’s new club store at the Trinity shopping centre in Leeds yesterday. “The philosophy clearly is if you’re good enough, you’re old enough.
gessa

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 6th July)

Post by gessa »

Morning Matt

I think we'll see a lot more go out on loan, players who aren't good enough or who aren't ready and need games.

We all knew neither of the 2 keepers weren't anywhere near good enough, a nee keeper should be imminent now Lonners as gone.

It's 8.10 am and if Kinnear told me it was light outside, I'd still look out to check. On this occasion I agree with him, we have players who with the right management we could get a lot more from.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

TC in the early part of last season got a lot out of the players, but didn’t seem to have a plan B and many of the players seemed to drop off fitness wise which coincided with our loss of form, By Heck just continued the lack of fitness and lack of form. It seems that the plan is to up the fitness levels and play a slightly different way under a far more experienced manager who from what I’ve read has a plan B through to G :tup: :tup: :tup:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:37 am Morning Matt

It's 8.10 am and if Kinnear told me it was light outside, I'd still look out to check.
:rol:

Morning Ges

I may have become cynical as I've aged but just as with politicians/bankers it is very difficult to trust affluent football businessmen/people when their whole aim in life to make money & they don't care who they trample on in their quest for to satisfy their greed. The fans are the losers :(
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Except politicians and bankers can make a living irrespective of how good they are. Football team owners eventually lose money if they don't get the team playing well and progressing up the league. It costs a fortune just to stand still. Rads isn't so rich he can throw hundreds of millions into a possible black hole of football success.

Again patience folks, we're one year in to a minimum 3 year plan
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We also don't know if Biesla has finished evaluating the squad, he hasn't seen them play yet to start with
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:07 am Good Morning Everyone

Leeds left back Tyler Denton looks certain to to complete a season long loan to Peterbough today.

The 22 year old does not feature in Bielsa's plans fore the forthcoming season.

Neither does Jay Roy Grot. The 19 year old has moved back to Holland on a season-long loan with Dutch top-flight side VVV Venlo.

As reporterd yesterday Andy Lonergan has parted ways with Leeds by mutual consent. The 34 year old may be joining Sunderland, who were after his signature in the January transfer window.

With Lonners and Felix gone, our goal keeping situation is looking a little sparce. but not for long.

A new keeper is set to sign within the next 48 hours.

At this stage, the club is keeping quiet on the identity of the shotstopper, though the rumour is Jamal Blackman will be joining...

Two weeks in, and the players are really being put through their paces at Thorp Arch

Players are arriving at 9am and leaving after 7pm. On certain nights they have roomed in a nearby hotel, cutting out the drive to and from Wetherby.

Angus Kinnear has been speaking to the YEP, about the difference Marcelo Bielsa has made in twoi short weeks :-

“All of the physical training appears to be in context,” Kinnear told the YEP. “Rather than running for the sake of running, everything’s with the ball, everything’s done in game scenarios. The players are receiving a lot more individual coaching than they have previously.

“Anybody who followed Leeds last season will have seen that the players didn’t play to 100 per cent of their potential. I know there’s a massive interest about who we’ll bring in but I also think we’ve got players with fantastic potential if they’re playing at 100 per cent, rather than 70 per cent. That could be the difference between last season and doing something significant.

“I know people get frustrated about the speed of the progress we make (in the transfer market) but the key for us is that we make the right decisions and that they’re fully considered. Marcelo had clear areas that he wanted to strengthen and where he saw weaknesses but also, it makes sense for him to spend some time with the squad as he fine-tunes his requirements.”

“We have some hugely talented young players and one of the other differences is an immediate integration of the young players into working with the first team,” said Kinnear, talking at the launch of United’s new club store at the Trinity shopping centre in Leeds yesterday. “The philosophy clearly is if you’re good enough, you’re old enough.
Good morning Matt

Grot was not ready for the championship, probably not good enough as was the case with Felix & Lonergan
I saw Denton play four times & I wasn't that impressed, he obviously hasn't progressed

It's so important Bielsa gets the squad totally fit as it was clearly evident they were nowhere near 100% fit last season
Not for the want of repeating myself Bielsa is not a miracle worker, he needs the tools to work with as is the case in any occupation
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:52 am Except politicians and bankers can make a living irrespective of how good they are. Football team owners eventually lose money if they don't get the team playing well and progressing up the league. It costs a fortune just to stand still. Rads isn't so rich he can throw hundreds of millions into a possible black hole of football success.

So Bates, Cellino & GFH never made any significant money in their time at Leeds ?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The players are every bit as poor they looked last year.
You can’t polish a turd and the gutless traits in most of them will always be there.
If we start with the current squad we'll finish lower than last season :(
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

gessa wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:37 am Morning Matt

I think we'll see a lot more go out on loan, players who aren't good enough or who aren't ready and need games.

We all knew neither of the 2 keepers weren't anywhere near good enough, a nee keeper should be imminent now Lonners as gone.

It's 8.10 am and if Kinnear told me it was light outside, I'd still look out to check. On this occasion I agree with him, we have players who with the right management we could get a lot more from.
Morning Gessa, something does not sit rid with Kinnear. Too much spin. We're not stupid...
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Ratscoot wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:43 am TC in the early part of last season got a lot out of the players, but didn’t seem to have a plan B and many of the players seemed to drop off fitness wise which coincided with our loss of form, By Heck just continued the lack of fitness and lack of form. It seems that the plan is to up the fitness levels and play a slightly different way under a far more experienced manager who from what I’ve read has a plan B through to G :tup: :tup: :tup:
Morning Ratscoot, Heckingbottom was a huge mistake. We was touted as being an up and coming Manager. What made the hierarchy think that he was going to get anywhere with a club like Leeds?

Even in his contract, he had a 1m clause if he were to be sacked before June 1st. As it was we had to pay him £500,000, and for what?

If Heck had been a player, he would have been sent straight to the u23's.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

faaip wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:52 am Except politicians and bankers can make a living irrespective of how good they are. Football team owners eventually lose money if they don't get the team playing well and progressing up the league. It costs a fortune just to stand still. Rads isn't so rich he can throw hundreds of millions into a possible black hole of football success.

Morning Faaip, WACCOE in 3 years! :-D
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:57 am Good morning Matt

Grot was not ready for the championship, probably not good enough as was the case with Felix & Lonergan
I saw Denton play four times & I wasn't that impressed, he obviously hasn't progressed

It's so important Bielsa gets the squad totally fit as it was clearly evident they were nowhere near 100% fit last season
Not for the want of repeating myself Bielsa is not a miracle worker, he needs the tools to work with as is the case in any occupation
Morning Leon, make or break for Denton. League 1 is not an easy league. Hope Denton and Coyle do well.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Doubt that's possible. Unless they bring back the the Anglo Italian cup and even then Waccoe would be a stretch
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Only bothered by two of the departures, Coyle and O'Connor, not because i think they were 1st team ready, certainly not week in week out, more just because im sick of seeing certain players and hoped they would leave and we could move on. Had hoped the Denton loan was part of a permanent move for Marcus Maddison, still could be i spose, fingers crossed.

Lonners was signed as a backup because he has never really been good enough for a number 1, unfortunately the number 1 we signed wasnt the best, Lonners got a chance and was even worse, not surprised at all. No ill feeling, hope he goes on and enjoys the rest of his career lower down the leagues.

DOnt like Kinnear, dont trust him, far to much spin and waffle for my liking, lowering expectations with his words. Perhaps he or Radz would like to explain why they made a fuss about Wolves?

Dont agree with what Wolves or Forest are doing, its dodgy as hell, but Radz implied that he would do similar if they were found to be innocent of wrongdoing.

If it wasnt because of that then Radz just had a whinge and a tantrum.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom