The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 5 July)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 5 July)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Pawel Cibicki has taken a swipe at former boss Paul Heckingbottom following confirmation of his departure to Malmo on a six month loan.

He told Fotboll Skanalen: "It's clear that it's weird, because it wasn't going well for the team and they do not win many matches.

"Nevertheless, he [Heckingbottom] does not change, he runs with the same player all the time. If you do not win any matches, you must be able to make changes.

"I'm not saying I'd have made the team much better but changes must happen if you do not win."
Was he given a fair chance?

Leeds want to sign a goal keeper this week!!!

The two most likely candidates are Stockdale and Blackman.

The Chelsea keeper seems more likely as negotiations have well and truly broken down with Birmingham.

Vurnon Anita is set to stay at Elland Road next season according to Phil Hay. The YEP journo has said the the versaitile 29 year old who is still recovering from injury is likely be stay at LS11 next season as a squad player.
hector

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 5 July)

Post by hector »

Mornin

there is a good player in Cibicki, and I think he was right about Heckinarse.....

Don't want Stockdale (I went to school with a Stockdale and he was a prat, so mud sticks....)

anita is a bloody good player.... in his natural position, and not defence......
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

:|
Ellandback1 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:11 am Good Morning Everyone

Pawel Cibicki has taken a swipe at former boss Paul Heckingbottom following confirmation of his departure to Malmo on a six month loan.

Was he given a fair chance

Vurnon Anita is set to stay at Elland Road next season according to Phil Hay. The YEP journo has said the the versaitile 29 year old who is still recovering from injury is likely be stay at LS11 next season as a squad player.
Good morning Matt

Had the big girl's blouse left his handbag in the dressing room maybe we'd have seen more performances we witnessed at Loftus Road. A one trick pony who couldn't handle the championship

As for Anita physically he doesn't look strong or good enough. I would love to be proved wrong but I have serious reservations on this fella
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

What Hector said! He's gone now, so we don't need to go over old ground, but FeckingArse really was a tool.

I, too, went to school with a Stockdale (he's still my best mate and his nephew plays rugby for Ireland!), but this particular one is not worth the wages he's supposedly looking. Know nothing about Blackman, to be honest. Personally, I'd like to see BPF given a proper run at it.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Am I the only one that didn’t go to school with him :roflmao:

However my son went to school with his cousin who got all his old boots for rugby/football so does that count :duno:

Anyways I felt when he was at Fulham he always came across as if he thought he was a far better player than he is, but I could be wrong, if he comes great as that gives us some experience, don’t know a thing about the other guy so can’t comment on him, but I do feel the Solicitor needs to be given game time as well so are either of the other options happy to sit on the bench?

I also think the Ginger Monk will do everything in his power to F us over so we’ll only get Stockdale if GM thinks he’s crap and we’ve over paid.
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

"Player lays into coach who didn't pick him - Shock". I really hope that Victor enquired about Alfie Haaland's young lad whilst he was arranging the Cibicki deal with Molde. A swap would be good.

Not really keen on Stockdale. Would be happy with Blackman if there was a buy option.

Can't see where Anita would fit in. Bielsa likes wing backs, which Anita definitely isn't, and we have a load of central midfielders.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

hector wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:25 am Mornin

there is a good player in Cibicki, and I think he was right about Heckinarse.....

Don't want Stockdale (I went to school with a Stockdale and he was a prat, so mud sticks....)

anita is a bloody good player.... in his natural position, and not defence......
Morning Hector.

Anita is very lightweight, there's nothing of him, at DM, is he not going to be barged off the ball every 2 seconds?
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:55 am :|

Good morning Matt

Had the big girl's blouse left his handbag in the dressing room maybe we'd have seen more performances we witnessed at Loftus Road. A one trick pony who couldn't handle the championship

As for Anita physically he doesn't look strong or good enough. I would love to be proved wrong but I have serious reservations on this fella
Afternoon Leon, but was Cibicki given the chance?
hector

Post by hector »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:38 am Morning Hector.

Anita is very lightweight, there's nothing of him, at DM, is he not going to be barged off the ball every 2 seconds?
nah.....

he is a full Dutch International, that is not an easy feat..

He just needs to be in is proper position....

all people can remember is the fish out of water at full back..
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

The Anita debate is certainly of interest as he only seemed to get played at left back for us whereas previously he was either a central/defensive midfielder or a rightback. He looked suspect defensively at left back but like Hector says it wasn't a position he was comfortable with. Obviously something about him to have played at the levels he has and it may well be that he fits into Bielsa's plans - we are all guessing at he formation we think Bielsa will play and suggesting players won't fit into it but until we start playing matches we won't really know what formation Bielsa goes with and he may well go with something he hasn't tried before as he will have analysed the championship and may feel that he needs new ways of playing and ideas etc to really succeed. With TC last season we saw a style of play that initially worked but then saw what happened when the flaws were exposed.

With Cibicki there is definitely skill there. He looks capable of scoring goals and creating them. However there are huge question marks over his ability to perform when things get a bit more physical - it was the Newport Cup match where he really seemed to bottle it - and also a question mark for me over his attitude as some players, at no matter what level, simply believe they are better than they are (and everyone not picking them is wrong) and as such never listen and never improve.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:49 am Afternoon Leon, but was Cibicki given the chance?
Afternoon Matt

Yes he was given a chance

Made his debut v Burnley in the cup where he was woeful & subbed at half-time. Came on as a 2nd half substitute at QPR where he changed the game providing two assists for Roofe's goals. Wow I thought we had found a winger who could actually cross a ball, my deluded thoughts were soon dashed as Cibicki created virtually nothing v Norwich Hull, Burton & Birmingham, he was subbed after 55 minutes in the game at St Andrews where the rot set-in, he was never seen again in the championship & the rest of our squad threw the towel from then on as it all went downhill in the New Year
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:53 am nah.....

he is a full Dutch International, that is not an easy feat..

He just needs to be in is proper position....

all people can remember is the fish out of water at full back..
And how poor are the Dutch in recent years my dear Hector ?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lonergan has had his contract torn up, another one gone

Hopefully several more of last seasons rubbish squad are on their way out
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Gandalf wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:43 am "Player lays into coach who didn't pick him - Shock". I really hope that Victor enquired about Alfie Haaland's young lad whilst he was arranging the Cibicki deal with Molde. A swap would be good.

Not really keen on Stockdale. Would be happy with Blackman if there was a buy option.

Can't see where Anita would fit in. Bielsa likes wing backs, which Anita definitely isn't, and we have a load of central midfielders.
He's technically very good but a poor tackler/defender, I've been mulling Anita as a wingback over and I can really only see that as his only position in this formation. Ayling/Pearce and Alioski are probably our best wing backs but if MB likes Anita I can see him as cover.

Not saying your not right though
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"