O/T 1st ten tracks.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Muppet the Cat

Re: O/T 1st ten tracks.

Post by Muppet the Cat »

faaip wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:38 am Ali Baba's Camel - Bonzos
Her face forms in summertime - FSOL
Lorelei - Tom Tom Club
Fools - Temper Trap
The Journey - Boston (bridge piece of music which is one of the annoying things about shuffle)
Near Dark - Burial
And Gods Ocean - Lacrimas Profundere
Paradise Circus - Massive Attack
Lewd Ferrigno - Revco
Let the good times roll - Fishbone
Faaip - the above 4 are not exactly feel good tracks,

What do you have that's easy listening ??
gessa

Post by gessa »

Sitting in Wales, cold beer, kids out playing , loving the light nights, listening to some music. Bliss

The Hold Steady - Hostile, Mass
Turin Brakes - Martini
Sharon Van Etten - Keep
King Gizzard - Stressin'
Three Mile Pilot - What I Lose
The National - Guilty Party
David Byrne & St Vincent - Weekend in The Dust
Mark Lanegan - Seventh Day
And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead - Ebb Away
Retribution Gospel Choir - Bless Us All
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

A, whilst considering my next pick of Ascot donkeys, shuffle:

1. Sailor - Girls Girls Girls
2. The Jam - 'a' Bomb in Wardour Street
3. Dr Dre - Keep Their Heads Ringin'
4. Rainbow - Run With the Wolf
5. Timex Social Club - Rumours
6. Carter USM - The Impossible Dream
7. Rare Bird - Sympathy
8. Duran Duran - Ordinary World
9. Spear of Destiny - Rainmaker
10 . Quo - Jam Side Down

:moggy:
gessa

Post by gessa »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:15 pm A, whilst considering my next pick of Ascot donkeys, shuffle:

6. Carter USM - The Impossible Dream
30 Something was an excellent album.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:03 pm Faaip - the above 4 are not exactly feel good tracks,

What do you have that's easy listening ??
Not sure what easy listening is to be honest.

Switching ipods to find 10 more, maybe there's something here

Rewind - Diane Birch
Prognissekongen - Jaga Jazzist
Optometrix - DJ Spooky
A Fish on land - Lhasa de Sela
Skunk (Sonically Speaking) MC5
Taro - Alt J
Gold Coast - Grouplove
I've Given - Gonjasufi
Pon de Floor - Major Lazer
Into the white - Pixies

This one's not been reloaded for about 7/8 years ( a guess) and it's where I put all the stuff I downloaded from itunes before I stopped. Albums I've not got a hard copy of (or didn't buy till later)
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

faaip wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:48 pm Not sure what easy listening is to be honest.

Switching ipods to find 10 more, maybe there's something here

Rewind - Diane Birch
Prognissekongen - Jaga Jazzist
Optometrix - DJ Spooky
A Fish on land - Lhasa de Sela
Skunk (Sonically Speaking) MC5
Taro - Alt J
Gold Coast - Grouplove
I've Given - Gonjasufi
Pon de Floor - Major Lazer
Into the white - Pixies

This one's not been reloaded for about 7/8 years ( a guess) and it's where I put all the stuff I downloaded from itunes before I stopped. Albums I've not got a hard copy of (or didn't buy till later)

Faaip - Perhaps 'easy listening' was an inept term on my part - that sounds a bit Perry Como and a comfy sweater !!
I guess what I meant was more accessible - a number of the tracks I've listened to (and I appreciate that it's a bit of a snapshot of an artists output) doesn't really invite further listening and investigation. Although, everyones musical taste and preference is different and like any form of 'art' views are subjective.

In respect of your lastest offering - again many I haven't heard of/come across before. I did like the Diane Birch and Grouplove tracks..............but thought the Jaga Jazzist and Major Lazer tracks were Blo**y awful. I think MC5 are great though :moggy:
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

gessa wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:09 pm Sitting in Wales, cold beer, kids out playing , loving the light nights, listening to some music. Bliss

The Hold Steady - Hostile, Mass
Turin Brakes - Martini
Sharon Van Etten - Keep
King Gizzard - Stressin'
Three Mile Pilot - What I Lose
The National - Guilty Party
David Byrne & St Vincent - Weekend in The Dust
Mark Lanegan - Seventh Day
And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead - Ebb Away
Retribution Gospel Choir - Bless Us All
Ges - did like the Three Mile Pilot track and the Mark Lanegan one also has some mileage.
I'm afraid anything that has David Byrne involved gets a huge thumbs down from me - he is just of those artists, whether with the Talking Heads, on his own or in collaboration with someone else that I just don't like

gessa

Post by gessa »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:34 pm Ges - did like the Three Mile Pilot track and the Mark Lanegan one also has some mileage.
I'm afraid anything that has David Byrne involved gets a huge thumbs down from me - he is just of those artists, whether with the Talking Heads, on his own or in collaboration with someone else that I just don't like

Three Mile Pilot do no wrong for me. The Inevitable Past Is The Future Forgotten , possibly the most accessible.

Love Lanegan, can I suggest you give either Bubblegum, Blues Funeral or his latest one Gargoyle a listen..
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:10 pm Faaip - Perhaps 'easy listening' was an inept term on my part - that sounds a bit Perry Como and a comfy sweater !!
I guess what I meant was more accessible - a number of the tracks I've listened to (and I appreciate that it's a bit of a snapshot of an artists output) doesn't really invite further listening and investigation. Although, everyones musical taste and preference is different and like any form of 'art' views are subjective.

In respect of your lastest offering - again many I haven't heard of/come across before. I did like the Diane Birch and Grouplove tracks..............but thought the Jaga Jazzist and Major Lazer tracks were Blo**y awful. I think MC5 are great though :moggy:
I guess I relax to the likes of Can, Ozrics, Banco de Gaia, Floyd, Dan, FLC, Miles Davis, Frank just playing guitar, The Doors, Spirit, Beefhearts more mellow stuff from say Blue Jeans and moonbeams. Big fan of Counting Crows...BOC natch

West coast, Southern Boogie, TSOP...non Nirvana Grunge

my hates are Brit pop (especially the Manics if you call them Brit pop, Oasis, Blur Happy Mondays and the Stone Roses), boy bands, most prog (still love Rush tough)
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

faaip wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:57 pm I guess I relax to the likes of Can, Ozrics, Banco de Gaia, Floyd, Dan, FLC, Miles Davis, Frank just playing guitar, The Doors, Spirit, Beefhearts more mellow stuff from say Blue Jeans and moonbeams. Big fan of Counting Crows...BOC natch

West coast, Southern Boogie, TSOP...non Nirvana Grunge

my hates are Brit pop (especially the Manics if you call them Brit pop, Oasis, Blur Happy Mondays and the Stone Roses), boy bands, most prog (still love Rush tough)
I think at opposite ends of the spectrum, with some stuff faaip - with some of the Manics output being amongst my favourite. However, only the post Richey Edwards (although the likes of The Holy Bible is critically acclaimed). My favourite album of theirs is Lifeblood, followed by Know Your Enemy and Send Away the Tigers - almost their mid phase. Also very good and well worth a listen is the solo album from James Dean Bradfield, The Great Western (from about 2006/07).

Of the two I would say I was more in the Oasis camp then the Blur. Their first couple of albums were great, as was the Stone Roses debut (they just waited too long for the follow up). I do agree with you on the sweary mary that is Shaun Ryder, Bez and the rest of the melon men though !!

Absolute top of my tree though would have to be Rainbow (from the first album, in essence Elf and Ritchie through to Long Live Rock 'n' Roll). The set of live albums from Germany in 1976/77 see Ritchie at his heights in my opinion. The live versions of Catch the Rainbow are my favourite and all slightly differ, probably depending on what mood he was in on the night, but on all his guitar playing is just fantastic.

Anyway...........go and watch the Manics headlining at IoW :clap: :clap: :moggy:
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

In respect of your lastest offering - again many I haven't heard of/come across before. I did like the Diane Birch and Grouplove tracks..............[/quote]

faaip - I did download the Grouplove EP yesterday evening and also the Bible Belt album by Diane Birch and also a few tracks from the Diane Birch and The Phenomenal Handclap Band covers album, particularly like the cover of the Cure's Primary.

So thanks for the recommendations :moggy:
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

gessa wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:41 pm Three Mile Pilot do no wrong for me. The Inevitable Past Is The Future Forgotten , possibly the most accessible.

Love Lanegan, can I suggest you give either Bubblegum, Blues Funeral or his latest one Gargoyle a listen..
Thanks Ges, I'll give them a go.

Bought a random CD album (never heard of) at a car boot this morning - Instant Gratification by Dance Gavin Dance. Ever heard of them ? On a very quick flick through the tracks (waiting in the car this evening to pick up my wife and daughter who had been to see Ed Sheeran, who has been on at the Principality Stadium in town the last 4 nights) it sounds like a :tdown: and the princely sum of 20p down the drain :moggy:
gessa

Post by gessa »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:28 pm Thanks Ges, I'll give them a go.

Bought a random CD album (never heard of) at a car boot this morning - Instant Gratification by Dance Gavin Dance. Ever heard of them ? On a very quick flick through the tracks (waiting in the car this evening to pick up my wife and daughter who had been to see Ed Sheeran, who has been on at the Principality Stadium in town the last 4 nights) it sounds like a :tdown: and the princely sum of 20p down the drain :moggy:

No mate, never heard of then and unlikely too listen to them now. :)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:27 pm

faaip - I did download the Grouplove EP yesterday evening and also the Bible Belt album by Diane Birch and also a few tracks from the Diane Birch and The Phenomenal Handclap Band covers album, particularly like the cover of the Cure's Primary.

So thanks for the recommendations :moggy:
Interestingly Birch and Grouplove never garnered any appreciation here or on the old Waccoe MD thread IIRC...Major Lazer comfortably won a best album of the year title on the waccoe MD I'm fairly sure. Love that album still (Guns Don't Kill People ...Lazers do)

Pon de Floor isn't the standout by a long shot but it's what came up..I don't make the rules

try

or

Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

faaip wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:38 am Interestingly Birch and Grouplove never garnered any appreciation here or on the old Waccoe MD thread IIRC...Major Lazer comfortably won a best album of the year title on the waccoe MD I'm fairly sure. Love that album still (Guns Don't Kill People ...Lazers do)

Pon de Floor isn't the standout by a long shot but it's what came up..I don't make the rules

try

or

Still not convinced faaip, I don't think Major Lazer will be getting anywhere near my iPod soon :moggy:
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

A nice sunny summer Friday evening, sitting in the garden with a nice cold sherbet shuffle :moggy:

1. The Lemonheads - Paid to Smile
2. Supertramp - Oh Darling
3. The Yardbirds - Smokestack Lightning
4. Beck - Leopard Skin Pill Box Hat
5. Fleetwood Mac - Rattle Snake Shake
6. Mastodon - The Sparrow
7. Mary J. Blige - Family Affair
8. Aztec Camera - Working in a Goldmine
9. Lulu - The Man With the Golden Gun
10. Mogwai - Coolverine
gessa

Post by gessa »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:46 pm A nice sunny summer Friday evening, sitting in the garden with a nice cold sherbet shuffle :moggy:

1. The Lemonheads - Paid to Smile
2. Supertramp - Oh Darling
3. The Yardbirds - Smokestack Lightning
4. Beck - Leopard Skin Pill Box Hat
5. Fleetwood Mac - Rattle Snake Shake
6. Mastodon - The Sparrow
7. Mary J. Blige - Family Affair
8. Aztec Camera - Working in a Goldmine
9. Lulu - The Man With the Golden Gun
10. Mogwai - Coolverine
I like the fact that you get things like Mastodon and Lulu on the same list, shows peoples varied tastes.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

See I find Mastadon un-listenable ...
gessa

Post by gessa »

Me too, and the like but I like the fact people have such varied tastes, much more varied than myself.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Yardbirds is quality though.