The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 13 June)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 13 June)

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:15 pm Quite a few sources saying 1 year deal with a 1 year extension option, Newell Fc for one, another Argentinian Football expert dude to saying the same thing.

Smart if true
That makes sense. Where we are we can't really afford to give him a long term deal, but if he gets us up it will be extended.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

faaip wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:13 pm So he's basically employing us?
I think its down to interpritation.

To me Bielsa is making a counter offer to Leeds, take it or leave it.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Don't know why exactly but I have a bad feeling about this fella.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:50 pm That makes sense. Where we are we can't really afford to give him a long term deal, but if he gets us up it will be extended.
Yeah works for us both.

He gets a decent wage, some security if he wants it, but should a bigger better offer come in down the line his compensation buyout wouldnt be to massive.

We arent stuck with a sacking fee we could never afford (theoretically).
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

gessa wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:20 pm Don't know why exactly but I have a bad feeling about this fella.
We're going to have to suck it up by the looks of it ...We'll know soon enough
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:30 pm We're going to have to suck it up by the looks of it ...We'll know soon enough
All we can do mate...It's going to go 1 of 2 ways, no middle ground i feel.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Be hard pushed to be worse then SoggyBottom.

Least it'll be fun
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think we're a good CF, good CB, new manager and a proper captain away from promotion. Much like we were last season. Players a second season in the division will gel better, less injuries will help with team stability and balance which we lost badly after Christmas. I'd say quite a few of the kids are ready to come through..maybe 5 or 6 which compared to previous seasons of maybe 1 or at best 2 is big leap forward. Roofe and Pearce were beginning to form a formidable LHS partnership IMO.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

faaip wrote:
I think we're a good CF, good CB, new manager and a proper captain away from promotion. Much like we were last season. Players a second season in the division will gel better, less injuries will help with team stability and balance which we lost badly after Christmas. I'd say quite a few of the kids are ready to come through..maybe 5 or 6 which compared to previous seasons of maybe 1 or at best 2 is big leap forward. Roofe and Pearce were beginning to form a formidable LHS partnership IMO.
I don't want to swell your head but you are so prescient it's scary. Well observed and said.