Is he coming or what ???

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Is he coming or what ???

Post by beer belly bert »

Getting sick of waiting now , Has Bielsa knocked us back and were talking to others ? . Just seems an awful long time now for him to talk the Mrs round to coming to England , Getting a bad feeling about this situation now .. :x :x :x
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Is he coming or what ???

Post by Dalton »

haha! another Bielsa thread!!! if he isnt careful the fans may think he is total me me me and is doing it for the money
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

All seems very familiar to me

Time is passing us by once again :roll:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Won't get too excited if he does come until I witness action on the pitch

So far we've seen sod all since last season concluded six weeks ago !

One thing is certain we still remain managerless & have a League One squad
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

It is all becoming rather tedious, not to mention ridiculous! But I suppose if we eventually get the 'right' man in, then it will have been worth the wait....
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

1964white wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:05 pm Won't get too excited if he does come until I witness action on the pitch

So far we've seen sod all since last season concluded six weeks ago !

One thing is certain we still remain managerless & have a League One squad
very much of the same thought Leon :tup: :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

beer belly bert wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:30 pm very much of the same thought Leon :tup: :tup:
Radz needs to get this one right Bert & the board must back whoever becomes our new coach not give him subbuteo players to work with !
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

This has an old familiar ring to it, alas. Soon we're going to be back in the boat of having to acquire players without knowing what sort of football we're planning on playing.

As our moron of a president would say................sad.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Birmingham Live are reporting it could be announced tomorrow they are doing a piece on Bruce, stating the fact he won't be coming to us , Biesta is as good as a done deal, they say.
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

gessa wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:08 pm Birmingham Live are reporting it could be announced tomorrow they are doing a piece on Bruce, stating the fact he won't be coming to us , Biesta is as good as a done deal, they say.
Hope your right gessa, never known a done deal drag on like this, that's good news if its correct regarding Bruce though.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Following on from what Ges said, Phil Hay's piece in the YEP last night suggests we're in the 'final mile' with Bielsa. Salary package agreed but wants assurances over the breadth of his role. Assume he wants final say on players etc, might see Orta's role diminish if MB does come in
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:39 am Following on from what Ges said, Phil Hay's piece in the YEP last night suggests we're in the 'final mile' with Bielsa. Salary package agreed but wants assurances over the breadth of his role. Assume he wants final say on players etc, might see Orta's role diminish if MB does come in
Hopefully Nick :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

beer belly bert wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:29 am Hope your right gessa, never known a done deal drag on like this, that's good news if its correct regarding Bruce though.
I know we become pessimistic Bert as we've had so many false dawns over the last 15 years, even though I attend the majority of games season after season I find it more & more difficult to drum up any excitement over my beloved club. I suppose a succession of poor ownership & awful football has made me somewhat cynical & mistrusting.
I only wish I had Cjay's enthusiasm :lol:
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

"Is he coming or what ???"

This is becoming a bit of a Life of Brian-esque production now........waiting for the Messiah to take us to the Promised Land (Blessed are the Cheesemakers !)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Looking likely this afternoon

We wait & see !
gessa

Post by gessa »

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

gessa wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:32 pm He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.
playing fast and loose with the word boy there...must be a grandad by now ....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:40 am I know we become pessimistic Bert as we've had so many false dawns over the last 15 years, even though I attend the majority of games season after season I find it more & more difficult to drum up any excitement over my beloved club. I suppose a succession of poor ownership & awful football has made me somewhat cynical & mistrusting.
I only wish I had Cjay's enthusiasm :lol:
Fernando Torres to fire us to promotion
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

gessa wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:32 pm He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.
:clap: :lol:
leedsjohn1974
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by leedsjohn1974 »

Waiting for his work permit which is imminent. Will be really interesting to see who he plays. He will play three at the back with two stoppers and one sweeper and all will need to be able to play out from the back. Think this might put a sell by date on Liam Cooper?

The two wing backs suit us down to the ground: Ayling and pearce will be expected to drive up field and even into the box when the opportunity arises!

One defensive midfielder, who will need to play box to box with massive energy: think this is pick one from 3 or 4.

Then we have a the "enganache" (hook) role that binds the whole philosophy together. He is the playmaker and the oil that lubricates the whole machine. He is the only one who dosen't necessarily have any defensive duties and Samu is a shoe in for me.

Two wingers who will be expected to get chalk on their boots, and interchange with the players around them.

The centre forward will need to close down like his life depends on it. And yet Bielsa isn't wedded to one formation. He played a four at the back with Bilbao, and some longer balls to exploit Lorente's arial ability.

Cannot wait for El Loco to arrive!