Josh Warrington

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Josh Warrington

Post by paddy parrott »

Josh Warrington won the worlds featherweight boxing title tonight . What an achievement from the wee man from Leeds. Terrific performance against a classy performance against a classy opponent in Lee Selby . Well done both boxers and Josh surely along with Nicola Adams are a credit to the city of Leeds.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: Josh Warrington

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Wasn't expecting that but he was clear winner.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Wasn't expecting that but he was clear winner.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

It was a brilliant performance from Josh. I too didn't expect it but he gave everything. Looked like a fantastic atmosphere at ER and to see Radebe walk out with him and into the ring was special. And what a performance from Nicola Adam, she certainly didn't hang about!
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

J w done absolutely brilliant.
But I could tell after 3rounds it was a farce.
Nowt to do with j w btw..
Selby will never fight at the weight again.

He was drained a world champ with no zip
I dare say things where to far down the line
But he struggled.

Warrington wants to secure his family then get the hell out
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Good spot, liggy, as Selby has now said that he won't fight at the weight again, too difficult to make. But let's take nothing away from Josh, who fought brilliantly from start to finish. Our boy Carl Frampton in Belfast next up apparently
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Hi lufc1304
Niether are big punchers and Warrington was inspired.
Having said that selby was a pale imitation .
Bet some smart folk with a bit of info lumped on JW
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

lufc1304 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:26 pm Good spot, liggy, as Selby has now said that he won't fight at the weight again, too difficult to make. But let's take nothing away from Josh, who fought brilliantly from start to finish. Our boy Carl Frampton in Belfast next up apparently
Should be a good one... and I'm told Carl supports Leeds..
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lets hope now this event is out of the way Radz will concentrate his time & effort on sorting out the mess of our playing staff we endured last season investing the revenue gained from the punch-up last night
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Haighy wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:56 pm Should be a good one... and I'm told Carl supports Leeds..
Ouch now Frampton is world class.
I'm afraid Warrington a league below
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Thanks to Josh I had to walk home last night :evil:

I went to my son's apartment at Brewery Wharf to cook Japanese food for his birthday. Had a lovely night and then asked Joe (son) to call a taxi. The taxi that usually costs £8 was now £30. Pffft thought me, I will trot off to the train station and catch a taxi from there. Off I went, my god the queue was horrendous, hundreds queuing with no taxis waiting, popped into the train station, no trains, no buses either. I elected to walk. Alf wanted to book into a hotel but me and Thomas wanted to get home so off we went. Good job I had plasters in my bag, I had flats on but oh my god my feet were on fire :fire: I got in at 2.15 :evil: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

Haighy wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:56 pm Should be a good one... and I'm told Carl supports Leeds..
Has the makings of a great fight, Haighy; as neither are big hitters, it could be a proper toe-to-toe tear up
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

lufc1304 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:26 pm Good spot, liggy, as Selby has now said that he won't fight at the weight again, too difficult to make. But let's take nothing away from Josh, who fought brilliantly from start to finish. Our boy Carl Frampton in Belfast next up apparently
Hi Nick, Warrington and his camp have come out today and said that three months is too soon to be ready for another fight. I believe Windsor Park is already booked for Aug 18.....too soon for Josh to recover from last night and then get in shape for Carl Frampton.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

becchio bear wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 7:42 pm Thanks to Josh I had to walk home last night :evil:

I went to my son's apartment at Brewery Wharf to cook Japanese food for his birthday. Had a lovely night and then asked Joe (son) to call a taxi. The taxi that usually costs £8 was now £30. Pffft thought me, I will trot off to the train station and catch a taxi from there. Off I went, my god the queue was horrendous, hundreds queuing with no taxis waiting, popped into the train station, no trains, no buses either. I elected to walk. Alf wanted to book into a hotel but me and Thomas wanted to get home so off we went. Good job I had plasters in my bag, I had flats on but oh my god my feet were on fire :fire: I got in at 2.15 :evil: :bear:
Oh bb, that made me laugh out loud :lol: Sorry, but that was so funny....
The boxing was great though :)
Ps hopefully Joe had a good birthday? :cake: :beers:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Never got into boxing even though my dad loved the sport
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 7:42 pm Thanks to Josh I had to walk home last night :evil:

I often use to walk back from Leeds to Armley as a young man

Now the thought of it sounds horrendous

My sympathies are with you young lady....and your sore feet :)
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

whiteswan wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:36 pm Hi Nick, Warrington and his camp have come out today and said that three months is too soon to be ready for another fight. I believe Windsor Park is already booked for Aug 18.....too soon for Josh to recover from last night and then get in shape for Carl Frampton.
Morning swannie. You're right on both counts, Windsor is booked and 3 months isn't long enough for Josh to recover and get ready. Can see that fight being made for early next year, though, seems a natural match up
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

liggy wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:17 pm Ouch now Frampton is world class.
I'm afraid Warrington a league below
Apparently he's not a Leeds fan.
But he's mates with Stuart Dallas, that's why he's been seen wearing a Leeds shirt !