Get Allardyce!!!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
AndyG
Ballboy
Ballboy

Get Allardyce!!!

Post by AndyG »

Sacked by Everton, get him in NOW!!
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Get Allardyce!!!

Post by fred »

AndyG wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:45 pm Sacked by Everton, get him in NOW!!
Why was he sacked...not good enough? lol
AndyG
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by AndyG »

Not at that level but good enough to get us up.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

AndyG wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:45 pm Sacked by Everton, get him in NOW!!
Welcome to MOT Andy :tup:

I'd definitely take Big Sam

Unfortunately I can't see him working with the current regime. Sam is a proper manager who likes to do things his way not be someone's puppet
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

AndyG wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:52 pm Not at that level but good enough to get us up.
Maybe, but only with quality players being added to the squad.
Not sure if his wage demandes are affordable either.

My gut feeling would say better not...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

fred wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:50 pm Why was he sacked...not good enough? lol
You are joking Fred :shock:

Everton, were 13th in the Premier League when Allardyce arrived, finished the season in eighth position struggling to win matches.

Who do the Everton board think they are ? They sell their prolific scorer Lakaku & replacing him with Rooney who is almost past his sell-by-date as far a consistent top goalscorer

The only possible place up for grabs was 7th behind the top six rich clubs. Let see how they do next season
AndyG
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by AndyG »

fred wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:09 pm Maybe, but only with quality players being added to the squad.
Not sure if his wage demandes are affordable either.

My gut feeling would say better not...
So stick with what we've got and wait for the inevitable failure?
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

1964white wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:18 pm You are joking Fred :shock:

Everton, were 13th in the Premier League when Allardyce arrived, finished the season in eighth position struggling to win matches.

Who do the Everton board think they are ? They sell their prolific scorer Lakaku & replacing him with Rooney who is almost past his sell-by-date as far a consistent top goalscorer

The only possible place up for grabs was 7th behind the top six rich clubs. Let see how they do next season
Joking, mate. Wasn`t that obvious? ;-)

But without better players, the coach won`t be that important anyway...who could get our bunch of
players into the top 6?

Rather 4 quality additions and Heck than Allardyce and 2 quality additions.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

AndyG wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:26 pm So stick with what we've got and wait for the inevitable failure?
Just believe that we need better players foremost. If we can get a forseeable better coach AND better players all the better.
Not sure if Allerdyce is the answer though...and couldn`t see him wanting to come anyway.
AndyG
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by AndyG »

fred wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:48 pm Just believe that we need better players foremost. If we can get a forseeable better coach AND better players all the better.
Not sure if Allerdyce is the answer though...and couldn`t see him wanting to come anyway.
I think he'd jump at it.
Amazing though how many players we've got rid of because they weren't any good and have then gone on to get promoted with other clubs. Two more with Cardiff.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

I reckon the Everton fans being unhappy with their style of football played a part in his sacking, after all it's not usual that a team improves its results and then the manager gets sacked.

Sam's achievement's of late do seem to be more along the line of taking over a struggling team and saving them from relegation rather than winning things (for want of a better term), though that may be because of the teams that he has managed.

If we were struggling against relegation, he'd be an ideal candidate, but can he win us promotion?
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
AndyG
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by AndyG »

HarryofOz wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:27 pm I reckon the Everton fans being unhappy with their style of football played a part in his sacking, after all it's not usual that a team improves its results and then the manager gets sacked.

Sam's achievement's of late do seem to be more along the line of taking over a struggling team and saving them from relegation rather than winning things (for want of a better term), though that may be because of the teams that he has managed.

If we were struggling against relegation, he'd be an ideal candidate, but can he win us promotion?
He's done it with Bolton and West Ham.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

AndyG wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:41 pm He's done it with Bolton and West Ham.
Fair enough re West Ham, I'd forgotten about that. Bolton, however was a bit too long ago.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Hasn't he always spent a few bob at the club's he's been at though. He must of spent close to £50m, just in January with Everton.

Whilst I appreciate that's the Prem and he was brought in there to undertake a rapid fix would he be able to mount a serious promotion challenge without some significant financial support ?

........and who was the last manager we've had that can be said to have received any meaningful ££££ to spend ?
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

AndyG wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:09 pm I think he'd jump at it.
Amazing though how many players we've got rid of because they weren't any good and have then gone on to get promoted with other clubs. Two more with Cardiff.
Jump at it? Hm...why?

Yeah, that seems true in regard to players we released. But hard to say where the problem lies. I remember that Bamba played quite aweful in some games end of season.
So are some players underachieving with us, and if so why?
Do they `blossom` in a better team?
Or have we (who?) a habit to evaluate players wrong?
Is it connected to getting rid of players on higher wages?
Are we much different to other clubs in this respect? (Taking into account that we have an overaverage player turnover in recent years)?
And/or is it a kind of selective perception of statistically normal proportional distribution?
Last edited by fred on Thu May 17, 2018 1:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Too much experience and too old? He has his ideas and isn`t flexible enough?
I remember Venables...big name...aweful appointment. (Admitted other circumstances.)
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Get rid of Orta and hand the transfer budget over to an old fashioned proper manager and we’d attract Sam, or the next Bruce or Pullis. Keep Orta and we might as well stick with PH as we ain’t going to tempt much better.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Richard wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:40 am Get rid of Orta and hand the transfer budget over to an old fashioned proper manager and we’d attract Sam, or the next Bruce or Pullis. Keep Orta and we might as well stick with PH as we ain’t going to tempt much better.
Unfortunately won't happen Richard :(
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Can't tell if this is a joke thread or not. Massive wages (115k per week) which we couldn't afford and there's no way he will drop to the championship.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

IMO it would be a good appointment far better than By Heck but will we get him I doubt it.

Big Sam I feel wants to be loved by the fans, look what he achieved with Bolton when they loved him and look at some of the ball playing quality players he brought in on the cheap Jay Jay Okocha to name one, imagine what he could do at Leeds with a few quid to spend and our massive fan base behind him .... but it’ll never happen
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't