The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 16 May)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 16 May)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Villa held Boro to a goalless draw last night bring them a step closer to a return to the promised land.

How will this effect Boro?

No more parashute payments!

Can they keep hold of Traore?

Will they struggle next season or will the 451st richest man in Britain (Steve Gibson) with an estimated worth of £165 million bail them out?

Perhaps the Chinese will buy them out?

After our 2-0 win over Myanmar, Leeds would now rank 151st in the world on 165.75 points. Above Kosovo but below Liberia, if of course Leeds were a Country.

Leeds United are keeping a close eye on 23 yo Slovenian playmaker Leo Stulac, according to Italian journo Alfredo Pedulla.

Que Surprise!!! He is a Serie B player (Venezia). He is said to have excellent technical ability, a wonderful vision and a powerful shot from distance.

There seems to be a lot of love for Hadi Sacko. Many on social media want him to stay.

Thoughts?
Hadi Sacko
✔@miimosaa
Not the season I expected on personal plan but no matter what you… https://www.instagram.com/p/BixG5TmAGS8 ... tter_share

Craig Duxbury@Crajik
I thought you should have been used more. There were plenty of games we just needed someone to run at defenders.

Dirty Filthy Leeds@VileAnimals
Again i cant believe i have to say this again to another player but ignore the haters mate, didnt work out it appears but you have worn the shirt we would all die to wear just once. Good luck for the future if it lies elsewhere and always welcome back at ER #MOT #ALAW

JM@JoshLUFC
It's so hard not to love Hadi

Aram@AramLian
Good luck what ever Hadi. Attitude as always is one of my favourite players last season.

Scott Eaglen@ScottEaglen
We didn’t use you enough this season Hadi. Can’t help but think you’ll do so much better elsewhere. I will remember your better days under Monk when some weeks you were unplayable. All the best for the future!

Martyn Jones@JonesMartyn
Good luck hadi shame it didn't work out

Daniel Lloyd-Tompkin@DanielLloydLUFC
Gutted for you sacko you didn’t have the best season, chin up mate and good luck no matter what happens MOT

WAFLL@WAFLL4LIFE
All the best Hadi, shame it hasn’t worked out. Work hard, show team ethic and you will get long term benefit. Appears it won’t be at #lufc.

Sam@sntnio
Please stay [
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 16 May)

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:13 am Good Morning Everyone

Villa held Boro to a goalless draw last night bring them a step closer to a return to the promised land.
How will this effect Boro?
No more parachute payments!
Can they keep hold of Traore?
Will they struggle next season or will the 451st richest man in Britain (Steve Gibson) with an estimated worth of £165 million bail them out?
Perhaps the Chinese will buy them out?
Good Morning Matt

Under Gibson/Pulis I'm much more confident Boro' will be one of the main challengers next season as oppose to Leeds under Radz & Hecky.
You need to remember they have a Boro' fan as their boss & also a decent pool of players already in place, I'd take two thirds of that Boro' first team now if Gibson was kind enough to offer proper championship footballers to us. We are currently in a right old pickle !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

As for our fans views on Sacko words fail me !
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Morning all...

Sacko wasn’t good enough but why not wish him well for the future? I don’t understand how anyone rates him but I also fail to understand some of the social media hatred, he pulled on a Leeds shirt, he tried, he gave it his best. We should thank him for that and aim the unrest at those responsible for signing him, we all knew he wasn’t good enough after his loan season didn’t we?
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:21 am Good Morning Matt

Under Gibson/Pulis I'm much more confident Boro' will be one of the main challengers next season as oppose to Leeds under Radz & Hecky.
You need to remember they have a Boro' fan as their boss & also a decent pool of players already in place, I'd take two thirds of that Boro' first team now if Gibson was kind enough to offer proper championship footballers to us. We are currently in a right old pickle !
Morning Leon, If I had a fortune of circa 150m, would I invest a quarter of that in the team I love - I'm not too sure...

I am stunned Hecky is still in charge tho...
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Richard wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:39 am Morning all...

Sacko wasn’t good enough but why not wish him well for the future? I don’t understand how anyone rates him but I also fail to understand some of the social media hatred, he pulled on a Leeds shirt, he tried, he gave it his best. We should thank him for that and aim the unrest at those responsible for signing him, we all knew he wasn’t good enough after his loan season didn’t we?
Morning ristac, suppose it goes to show that social media needs to be better regulated.

Sacko wanted to do well for Leeds.

Was he good enough - No.

Was he given a proper chance - up for debate.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Hi EB

Wow 151st, the only way is up.

Are Slovenia ranked higher than 151?
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

HarryofOz wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:06 am Hi EB

Wow 151st, the only way is up.

Are Slovenia ranked higher than 151?
Morning Harry, Slovenia are 58th. We'd be above Barbados and Tahiti tho :)
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Question - If Jansson has a good World Cup and an offer comes in between 12-15m, would the club be stupid not to accept it?
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:13 am Question - If Jansson has a good World Cup and an offer comes in between 12-15m, would the club be stupid not to accept it?
Stupid or not, they will accept it with alacrity.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Richard »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:13 am Question - If Jansson has a good World Cup and an offer comes in between 12-15m, would the club be stupid not to accept it?
Many thought it would be good business accepting the offer for Wood that was on the table, we assume it will be reinvested wisely and it never is.
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Richard »

Many thought it would be good business accepting the offer for Wood that was on the table, we assume it will be reinvested wisely and it never is.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:12 am Morning Harry, Slovenia are 58th. We'd be above Barbados and Tahiti tho :)
At least we're signing someone from a higher ranked team then :)

Yorkshire would beat the West Indies at cricket too :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Pontus will be gone in the summer !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Richard wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:15 am Many thought it would be good business accepting the offer for Wood that was on the table, we assume it will be reinvested wisely and it never is
The reason why we are still in a mess Richard :( It happens every season this time Radz excelled with a clean sweep letting players go & not bringing in decent replacements for the likes of Green, Bartley, Taylor, Wood, Doukara & Bridcutt, we even sent Coyle out on loan, that's seven players of last season's squad that just missed out on a play-off place, is it any wonder why we struggled. CRAZY :x
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:13 am How will this effect Boro?

No more parachute payments!
Boro have two more years of parachute payments.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Gandalf wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 10:02 am Boro have two more years of parachute payments.
was scrolling through the comments for this!

Think Boro will be there again next season. They bought badly the last few seasons, signed about a million strikers who just haven't performed. With a few shrewd signings over the summer I think they'll be around the top two next season.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Why? We won't replace him.

We need Huth on a free playing alongside him.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Boro will do well. I hate these kind of managers, but Pulis types always know how to grind out wins. They'll probably sell Traore to someone like Huddersfield or Brighton. Gibson might go too. But otherwise most of their team will stay.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 11:24 am Why? We won't replace him.

We need Huth on a free playing alongside him.
Great shout :tup: