Jerry Mbakogu

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Jerry Mbakogu

Post by fred »

Anyone know anything about this guy...seems to be our new striker. (If he`s our new Nr. 1 striker I have my doubts after
watching some of his goals on Youtube. Not exactly a great goal per game ratio either.)

(And Sacko: Leeds United winger Hadi Sacko has hinted that he could be leaving the club this summer saying he'll "never forget" his time at Elland Road.)
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Re: Jerry Mbakogu

Post by NorfolkWhite »

fred wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:08 pm Anyone know anything about this guy...seems to be our new striker. (If he`s our new Nr. 1 striker I have my doubts after
watching some of his goals on Youtube. Not exactly a great goal per game ratio either.)

(And Sacko: Leeds United winger Hadi Sacko has hinted that he could be leaving the club this summer saying he'll "never forget" his time at Elland Road.)
Must agree on Mbakogo, from what I've seen it's a pretty underwhelming signing and for the suggested fee not a cheap punt either - surely we can do better than this?

Always liked Sacko in terms of his honesty, but would seem like the best thing for him to move on.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

If we are pinning our goalscoring hopes on this guy...........well say no more......where has all the common sense gone ??
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

60sUnited wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:27 pm If we are pinning our goalscoring hopes on this guy...........well say no more......where has all the common sense gone ??
If this is true, Radz & co certainly haven't learned their lessons

I'm still waiting to applaud him on something credible that relates to important matters on the pitch at championship level, hope it occurs soon as folk don't like me being critical about our current god :roll:

My message to Radz & co 'we need a championship striker you bunch of idiots'
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

fred wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:08 pm Anyone know anything about this guy...seems to be our new striker. (If he`s our new Nr. 1 striker I have my doubts after

For some peculiar reason everytime I quickly see 'Jerry Mbakogu; on the list of thread discussion items I read it as 'Jerry Maguire'.

I must be b, k, o and u letter blind !!

.....................but from reading the comments above maybe Tom Cruise would do a better job up front next season than this guy !
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Yeeeeessssssss !!!! ..............I've just noticed I've made it to the 'Youth Team'
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:29 pm Yeeeeessssssss !!!! ..............I've just noticed I've made it to the 'Youth Team'
A huge leap for a cat :moggy:
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

Agree with everything above but as with every other player i will wait til I see him play before judging him.

Fingers crossed he is Better than he seems.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

What am I ?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

ahh superstar
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Looks a lot quicker than anything we have now plus strong..not a bad thing. 3 Mill buys a back up these days
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

faaip wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 8:47 pm Looks a lot quicker than anything we have now plus strong..not a bad thing. 3 Mill buys a back up these days
Sure you didn`t look in fast motion mode? Sacko is quite quick by the way...
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

fred wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 11:50 am Sure you didn`t look in fast motion mode? Sacko is quite quick by the way...
I know, I like Sacko . Fairly sure there was a number of clips of Mbakogu skinning fullbacks down the wing

Good short area burst too, penalty taker. Physical in the box. Would like to see less "falling for fouls" but that's every European striker
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

As I say with another striker added he'd be a good CF 2 for us with upside
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

faaip wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 12:14 pm As I say with another striker added he'd be a good CF 2 for us with upside
As a Nr 2 he could be o.k., agree.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

we don't need a number 2, we've got tyler roberts for that. roofe as a second/third choice also. antonsson still on our books too. we just need a first choice
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We need a number 2 if we're going to play 451, neither Roberts or Roofe are lone strikers
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

faaip wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:02 pm We need a number 2 if we're going to play 451, neither Roberts or Roofe are lone strikers

Agree about roofe, that’s why he’s mainly third choice - basically if we have no one else.

I thought Roberts had been bought as a center forward though and not to play out wide. I guess we will see in time though
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Listed as a striker/winger, 5'11. Seems to suggest a Roofe type player.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

danhirons wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 5:52 pm we don't need a number 2, we've got tyler roberts for that. roofe as a second/third choice also. antonsson still on our books too. we just need a first choice
Noone knows what Roberts is worth, Roofe is a Nr 2 at best. Antonnson must go, not good enough. Ekuban isn`t good enough either (yet.) Maybe loan him out. (No need to mention Groth.)
We need TWO strikers who are better than what we have now. (Assuming that Roberts isn`t better than Roofe that is.)
Get rid of Antonnson (and Ekuban) and then we would have idealy 4 strikers.

With only one striker comming in better than what we`ve got we are fucked if he gets injured. We can`r rely on Roberts being
an instant Impact, that most probably won`t happen.
And Edmondson looks to have quite some potential, but certainly not a player one should count on to score 20 goals.
The same applies for all the other U23 players.

If we want to challenge for promotion we need probably 5 players comming in, all better than what we`ve got right now.
We are way off being good enough right now.

I agree though that we need a striker comming in who is better than this Jerry Mbakogu. (What I have seen doesn`t convince me that he is that good, nor does his goal scoring record.)