Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 14 May)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 14 May)

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:19 am Morning Matt

I do mate.....I love food :-D
Me too.

Roast beef, Yorkshire pudd, and as many roast spids as I can fit on my plate...
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:16 am He's not under contract so the balls in his court not ours. Think I first raised the notion he's now in the shop window and while I agree with Gandi Everton is unlikely (been dumped once before there) their "interest" may bring the likes of Spurs/Chelsea calling
Our board have signed up many dead-legs on long contracts, one of the players our fans would wish to see stay at Leeds is without a contract which is alarming imo. We'll never succeed if we keep on allowing our best players to leave without a fight as we do every summer !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:27 am Me too.

Roast beef, Yorkshire pudd, and as many roast spids as I can fit on my plate...
Many of my mates prefer booze, culinary delights wins every time with me :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:17 am I liked Cellino but even I can recognise Rads is a big improvement for the future of the club...Steep learning curve and he'll get there if we don't force him out
Maybe the case Faaip

The fact remains Radz walked into a steady ship unlike our previous nutcase but we have gone backwards even though we are not operating on rocky seas
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:26 am Perhaps Pearce is hesitating?
Is he Charlie's brother :(
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:21 am Morning Gandolf, Pearce is being looked at as being a long term replacement for Baines.

Serie B is an easier league than the Championship. In fact I heard that the Championship is the hardest second tier league in the World!!!

For me nothing beats sausages and gravy in a Yorkshire...
I'm not sure that would be a surprise to anyone and for sheer consistency and strength right through a division it's probably a lot stronger than a lot of first divisions

4/5 stronger leagues in Europe maybe?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

1964white wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:07 am Gandi it's not hate mate, the facts are there to be seen. I listed a whole page of errors on another topic the other day which tbh I didn't expect from a supposedly shrewd businessman. Yes he has implemented some good measures but the fact remains we have gone backwards since his arrival. I know Rome wasn't built in a day but he took over the reins from Cellino who saved us from bankruptcy once again, sorted out our finances & left us with a manager & team that just missed out on the play-offs, probably about three players short. Unlike Bates who sold the club down the river to GFH, Cellino sold LUFC to a reputable businessman. Not bad for a man who was as nutty as a fruitcake !
The seeds were in place, unfortunately we haven't moved forward, we've gone the opposite way, the man at the top has to shoulder the blame.
Time to get his act together, anymore of last seasons shenanigans & we'll be deep trouble
There you go again, with the "Cellino saved us from bankruptcy and sorted out our finances" rubbish. He signed an agreement with GFh, which gave them a stranglehold on the club. Because of this, he cut the ER and TA staff down to such a level that there weren't enough people to run the ticket office. Also the players had to bring in packed lunches as the catering staff at TA were dismissed. He cut the academy down to the level that the U23's couldn't have put a team out at the start of the season ( A series of cutbacks that were started by Bates). We were committed to paying GFH millions of pounds, even if we didn't get promoted.

Radz has almost cleared that GFH "debt", he even had to pay over the odds for ER, so that GFH didn't get their grubby paws on it, thanks to an agreement that Cellino signed. The Academy is now in a fantastic shape, thanks to the investment that he has put in, and the players that Orta has scouted. He has agreements with the local council, who wouldn't even speak to us when Bates and Cellino were in charge, to bring the training facilities back into Leeds, and to upgrade the Academy to Class A.

Yes, he has made mistakes, primarily with the strategy for the 1st team and manager. I am hoping that he has learnt from these, and the summer will confirm that, and I suppose that is where your primary focus is. However, if you can't see that, bigger picture, we are a much more steady and secure organisation than we were under our previous three owners, then I don't know what else to say.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:28 am Our board have signed up many dead-legs on long contracts, one of the players our fans would wish to see stay at Leeds is without a contract which is alarming imo. We'll never succeed if we keep on allowing our best players to leave without a fight as we do every summer !
The way we hand out contracts, and we do commit to players under Rads/Orta. I'd be very surprised if we haven't offered Pearce another contract but we cannot compete with the rich...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:59 am There you go again, with the "Cellino saved us from bankruptcy and sorted out our finances" rubbish. He signed an agreement with GFh, which gave them a stranglehold on the club. Because of this, he cut the ER and TA staff down to such a level that there weren't enough people to run the ticket office. Also the players had to bring in packed lunches as the catering staff at TA were dismissed. He cut the academy down to the level that the U23's couldn't have put a team out at the start of the season ( A series of cutbacks that were started by Bates). We were committed to paying GFH millions of pounds, even if we didn't get promoted.

Radz has almost cleared that GFH "debt", he even had to pay over the odds for ER, so that GFH didn't get their grubby paws on it, thanks to an agreement that Cellino signed. The Academy is now in a fantastic shape, thanks to the investment that he has put in, and the players that Orta has scouted. He has agreements with the local council, who wouldn't even speak to us when Bates and Cellino were in charge, to bring the training facilities back into Leeds, and to upgrade the Academy to Class A.

Yes, he has made mistakes, primarily with the strategy for the 1st team and manager. I am hoping that he has learnt from these, and the summer will confirm that, and I suppose that is where your primary focus is. However, if you can't see that, bigger picture, we are a much more steady and secure organisation than we were under our previous three owners, then I don't know what else to say.
Maybe I'm just blinkered Gandi, apologies if I have called it wrong
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

For better or worse football is a business first and sport second...
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

I'm with faaip and Gandi on this, Radz has never been involved in a football club before and, in fairness, it has shown with certain things he's done. But as I've said before, running a football club, even recognising that football is now a business, is unlike anything Radz will ever have done before. As a club, there's lots to be positive about, even if the first team isn't where we'd currently like it to be. But a solid financial base and infrastructure should allow us to start moving forward, provided both AR and VO have learnt from some of the mistakes made last summer.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

lufc1304 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 1:16 pm I'm with faaip and Gandi on this, Radz has never been involved in a football club before and, in fairness, it has shown with certain things he's done. But as I've said before, running a football club, even recognising that football is now a business, is unlike anything Radz will ever have done before. As a club, there's lots to be positive about, even if the first team isn't where we'd currently like it to be. But a solid financial base and infrastructure should allow us to start moving forward, provided both AR and VO have learnt from some of the mistakes made last summer.
Afternoon 1304, suppose it doesn't help that Radrizzani's mistakes are so prominent on social media due to disgruntled Leeds fans.

How many more chances will Rad be given?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Many as he wants, he's the owner
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 1:46 pm Afternoon 1304, suppose it doesn't help that Radrizzani's mistakes are so prominent on social media due to disgruntled Leeds fans.

Leeds fans have every right to feel disgruntled after a shambles of a season

Radz has some making up to do as the majority of attending fans I know feel like they have been hoodwinked & robbed !
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 1:46 pm Afternoon 1304, suppose it doesn't help that Radrizzani's mistakes are so prominent on social media due to disgruntled Leeds fans.

He's not some kind of employee :lol: He has as many chances as he wants!
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

1964white wrote: ↑

Leeds fans have every right to feel disgruntled after a shambles of a season

Radz has some making up to do as the majority of attending fans I know feel like they have been hoodwinked & robbed !
Ah yes, the boo-boys. If some of them had been Citeh fans the season before last they'd have been booing Pep, without giving him the chance to learn and actually do what he's done this season.

Faaip was correct in a couple of posts recently when he said any new manager we got, including Hecky, would be given the usual short shrift and demands for him to be fired after 4-6 games if we weren't immediately top of the league - I apologise if I've misquoted you there faaip but I'm sure it was words to that effect. The good Leeds fans have always been the best, but the minority on the Dark Side are the worst, including the Leeds drunks whose behaviour you've mentioned Leon, home and away.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

All we are sa-ay-ing is give Rads a chance
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

oops Liverpool mention there...apologies
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I've said 10 Hail Revies in penance
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

.....and 2 Ave Yaboah's