Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 14 May)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

It has been reported over the weekend that Everton are preparing to poach Tom Pearce away from Elland Rd.

The 20 year old was dumped by the Toffee's four years ago, only for Leeds to pick up the pieces and rebuild his career.

Pearce is out of contract this Summer, and the fact that he has not signed a new one does not look good.

Will Pearce be part of the future at ER. Is he better then Denton and De Bock?

Thoughts?

One player that has committed his future is Oriol Rey. The talented Spanish 20-year-old midfielder who joined from Barcelona last summer has penned a new two year deal.

We think we know who the investor Leeds Utd investor is!!!
DdAiJbZXkAAS9av.jpg
No other then Radrizzani's business partner Riccardo Silva, founding partner in MP & Silva.

Silva posted a picture with Radrizzani, and in the comments a reunion was suggested.

Silva also owns Miami FC in the NASL.

Miami finished top of the league last season, and has invested heavily in the likes of Alessandro Nesta.

The Jerry Mbakogu transfer saga is almost over. Leeds scouts were out in force at the weekend.

The transfer could go ahead as soon as next week.

Finally, and a little off topic, has anyone ever tried a Dutch Baby?

According to the New York Times it is a large, fluffy pancake, excellent for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dessert any time of year!!!

[​IMG]
Dc_iRvRV0AEm6LQ.jpg
Or its a Yorkshire Pudding with icing suger on it!!!

Have they run out of gravy?

Thoughts???
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 14 May)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Morning Everyone.............
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Yorksire pudding hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hope Pearce stays
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Morning Harry!!!!
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 8:35 am Morning Harry!!!!
G'day EB
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 8:26 am Morning Everyone.............
Good morning Matt on a very sunny Floydish day
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

The Tom Pearce rumour has come from Alan Nixon, who is notorious for getting things right with almost every club, except Leeds. Can't see Everton being interested after five promising appearances for Leeds in the Championship.

The signing of Rey is good news, he has looked very classy for the U23's, and cannot be far off a 1st team debut. Hopefully, Pearce's contract is next on the list.

The Umbongo transfer appears to be nailed on. Can't comment as I haven't seen him play, but his stats in a poor league are not impressive. The transfer window opens on Thursday, so we will soon find out.

Not sure about Silva. The rumours are that the US investor is a race horse owner, which Silva isn't. Again, we await news from the club to verify.

I've had a Dutch Baby many moons ago in New York. Like a cross between a Yorkshire pud and a croissant. Yummy with a bit of jam or maple syrup. Incidentally, on the West Coast, they have something called a North Country Popover, and that was definitely a Yorkshire Pudding.
Last edited by Gandalf on Mon May 14, 2018 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 7:08 am Good Morning Everyone

It has been reported over the weekend that Everton are preparing to poach Tom Pearce away from Elland Rd.

The 20 year old was dumped by the Toffee's four years ago, only for Leeds to pick up the pieces and rebuild his career.

Pearce is out of contract this Summer, and the fact that he has not signed a new one does not look good.

Will Pearce be part of the future at ER. Is he better then Denton and De Bock?
Pearce should be our future, reminds me so much of Charlie Taylor, matured so much in the games since his debut, still a lot to learn of course!

Denton is nowhere near ready for championship football

De Bock looked like a fish out of water

Tom outshone everyone in the LB position including experienced campaigners Berardi & Dallas

Allowing Pearce to go could be yet another error in the long line of Radz mistakes during his reign in such a short space of time
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 7:08 am We think we know who the investor Leeds Utd investor is!!!
No other then Radrizzani's business partner Riccardo Silva, founding partner in MP & Silva.
Silva posted a picture with Radrizzani, and in the comments a reunion was suggested.
Silva also owns Miami FC in the NASL.
Miami finished top of the league last season, and has invested heavily in the likes of Alessandro Nesta
Don't know anything about Silva. If these rumours are true lets hope he invests proper money & he is at Leeds for the right reasons
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

1964white wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:37 am Allowing Pearce to go could be yet another error in the long line of Radz mistakes during his reign in such a short space of time
You appear to be giving Radz a lot more hate than you ever did for Bates, GFH or Cellino. He is clearly not as poisonous as any of those three.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 7:08 am
According to the New York Times it is a large, fluffy pancake, excellent for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dessert any time of year!!!
Or its a Yorkshire Pudding with icing suger on it!!!
Have they run out of gravy?
Dutch Baby's are delicious served with maple syrup or honey

Unlike many Yorkshire folk I don't enjoy my food swimming in gravy, just a sprinkle is enough for me

My dear granny use to always serve up Yorkshire Pudding in gravy separately as the first course before we tucked into the roast beef with freshly grown potatoes & vegatables out of their garden :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:47 am You appear to be giving Radz a lot more hate than you ever did for Bates, GFH or Cellino. He is clearly not as poisonous as any of those three.
Gandi it's not hate mate, the facts are there to be seen. I listed a whole page of errors on another topic the other day which tbh I didn't expect from a supposedly shrewd businessman. Yes he has implemented some good measures but the fact remains we have gone backwards since his arrival. I know Rome wasn't built in a day but he took over the reins from Cellino who saved us from bankruptcy once again, sorted out our finances & left us with a manager & team that just missed out on the play-offs, probably about three players short. Unlike Bates who sold the club down the river to GFH, Cellino sold LUFC to a reputable businessman. Not bad for a man who was as nutty as a fruitcake !
The seeds were in place, unfortunately we haven't moved forward, we've gone the opposite way, the man at the top has to shoulder the blame.
Time to get his act together, anymore of last seasons shenanigans & we'll be deep trouble
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:28 am Good morning Matt on a very sunny Floydish day
Morning Leon, bet you like yer Yorkshire Pudd???
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:37 am Pearce should be our future, reminds me so much of Charlie Taylor, matured so much in the games since his debut, still a lot to learn of course!

Tom outshone everyone in the LB position including experienced campaigners Berardi & Dallas

Allowing Pearce to go could be yet another error in the long line of Radz mistakes during his reign in such a short space of time
He's not under contract so the balls in his court not ours. Think I first raised the notion he's now in the shop window and while I agree with Gandi Everton is unlikely (been dumped once before there) their "interest" may bring the likes of Spurs/Chelsea calling
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Gandalf wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:47 am You appear to be giving Radz a lot more hate than you ever did for Bates, GFH or Cellino. He is clearly not as poisonous as any of those three.
I liked Cellino but even I can recognise Rads is a big improvement for the future of the club...Steep learning curve and he'll get there if we don't force him out
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:16 am Morning Leon, bet you like yer Yorkshire Pudd???
Morning Matt

I do mate.....I love food :-D
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Gandalf wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:36 am The Tom Pearce rumour has come from Alan Nixon, who is notorious for getting things right with almost every club, except Leeds. Can't see Everton being interested after five promising appearances for Leeds in the Championship.

The signing of Rey is good news, he has looked very classy for the U23's, and cannot be far off a 1st team debut. Hopefully, Pearce's contract is next on the list.

The Umbongo transfer appears to be nailed on. Can't comment as I haven't seen him play, but his stats in a poor league are not impressive. The transfer window opens on Thursday, so we will soon find out.

Not sure about Silva. The rumours are that the US investor is a race horse owner, which Silva isn't. Again, we await news from the club to verify.

I've had a Dutch Baby many moons ago in New York. Like a cross between a Yorkshire pud and a croissant. Yummy with a bit of jam or maple syrup. Incidentally, on the West Coast, they have something called a North Country Popover, and that was definitely a Yorkshire Pudding.
Morning Gandolf, Pearce is being looked at as being a long term replacement for Baines.

Serie B is an easier league than the Championship. In fact I heard that the Championship is the hardest second tier league in the World!!!

For me nothing beats sausages and gravy in a Yorkshire...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

You wouldn't think so as I'm as thin as a stick :)

Chicken legs are out for the summer now :lol:
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:37 am Pearce should be our future, reminds me so much of Charlie Taylor, matured so much in the games since his debut, still a lot to learn of course!

Its just very strange that Pearce has not signed yet...
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

faaip wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:16 am He's not under contract so the balls in his court not ours. Think I first raised the notion he's now in the shop window and while I agree with Gandi Everton is unlikely (been dumped once before there) their "interest" may bring the likes of Spurs/Chelsea calling
Morning Faaip, I wonder whether Pearce has actually been offered another contract yet?

I would have thought so.

Perhaps Pearce is hesitating?