Terrible News - Lady Cathy Ferguson

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Re: terrible news

Post by Ronan »

fred wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 10:35 pm Yes, that was the third option...maybe the best (to keep the truth to oneself.)
Indeed.
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Ronan wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 10:37 pmIndeed.
Yeah, maybe. I`m just not the nice guy I guess.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 9:50 pm Also worth remembering he went to the funeral of Don Revie.

And rushed back from Italy to go to Billy Bremners funeral to.

And he spoke of "hoping" we would be back in the Premiership soon and that it was "sad" what had happened to Leeds United.

Football rivalry means nothing at times like this.
What a Top post Cjay! I remember him rushing back to get to Billy's funeral as well......didn't go home...just got back to see Billy 'off'....
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

fred wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 7:19 pm We are all mortals. No reason for me to sympathise with Alex Ferguson more than witth any other human being I`ve never known personally.
I do understand your sentiments fred, but, seriously, stating that you wouldn't sympathise with any human being you've never known personally (serious question) would you feel the same way if any member of MOT (that you've never known personally) ended up in a similar situation. Just wondered, that's all....?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

fred wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 10:35 pm Yes, that was the third option...maybe the best (to keep the truth to oneself.)
(Social rituals I tend to be sceptical against, as they are soo easy to perform.)
I never post on these unless I mean it, a lot of respect for Sir Alex up there with the Don and Bob
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:34 pm I never post on these unless I mean it, a lot of respect for Sir Alex up there with the Don and Bob
With you faaip.....
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

faaip wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:34 pm I never post on these unless I mean it, a lot of respect for Sir Alex up there with the Don and Bob
Accepted. My point being that it is easy said, but not necessary very deep going.
My intentions wasn`t to disrespect him. I wish noone harm or death (exceptions evident).
Nor was I claiming that specific comments weren`t meant as they were made.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

fred wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 12:22 am Accepted. My point being that it is easy said, but not necessary very deep going.
My intentions wasn`t to disrespect him. I wish noone harm or death (exceptions evident).
Nor was I claiming that specific comments weren`t meant as they were made.
No judgement from me Fred.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

whiteswan wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:28 pm I do understand your sentiments fred, but, seriously, stating that you wouldn't sympathise with any human being you've never known personally (serious question) would you feel the same way if any member of MOT (that you've never known personally) ended up in a similar situation. Just wondered, that's all....?
Isn`t my thread...sent a p.n.
hector

Post by hector »

radebe88 wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 8:59 pm Keeping it civil.... he used the poor health of an old man to make a silly point I stand by my comment
Whatever you think of his comment or his opinions, there is no need to insult him, please do not do it again..

Thank you
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

fred wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 7:19 pm We are all mortals. No reason for me to sympathise with Alex Ferguson more than witth any other human being I`ve never known personally.
did you not feel any sympathy for The Don,and Billy cos i dont suppose you knew them personally no family deserves to be put through an emergency like that
hector

Post by hector »

People are entitled to their opinions without being insulted..

All opinions are as valid as each other... You think about that..
hector

Post by hector »

radebe88 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 6:42 am And some opinions make people an idiot. Just my opinion
Perhaps they do...... Just don't tell them and things will be fine :)
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

1964white wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 9:07 pm I hope not too EY

I'll be ashamed & embarrassed if a section of our fans show disrespect

Not only does Ferguson go down as of one of the greatest managers of all-time, folk have to remember he is a husband, father & grandad so everyone needs to show humanity

Hope Alex pulls through this serious condition, not good I should know as I've been there !
footballs moved on since the 70s / 80s Leon so fingers crossed we can show a bit of respect to the greatest manager footballs ever seen , its only going to take a couple of dick heads and the press will be looking to hang us , as others have posted , it goes deeper than football , a grandad , father , husband and friend to many , would hate to see him go out this way . cmon Fergie . :tup: :tup:

still hate Man utd though :)
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Morning Peeps,

Its important to realise that you're not in any way disrespecting Leeds by wishing Sir Alex all the best.

Personally I hate manchester united but we are talking about another human being; somebody with children and grandchildren.

In fact my day is around the same age as Sir Ale, and I'd be devestated if something happened to him.

Sir Alex get well soon.

manchester united - do one!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

whiteswan wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:09 pm What a Top post Cjay! I remember him rushing back to get to Billy's funeral as well......didn't go home...just got back to see Billy 'off'....
Deserves respect for that.

Apparently did similar for John Charles.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:40 am did you not feel any sympathy for The Don,and Billy cos i dont suppose you knew them personally no family deserves to be put through an emergency like that
The difference is to which extent one feels emotionally involved.
People suffer every day, millions I don`t know and who don`t deserve it,
does this concern me emotionally? If it did it would kill me.
I know this or that person I know by name suffers, does this have
a real impact on my feelings?
If not I`m nor prepared to wish someone a good recovery in a forum.
The news about A. Ferguson did`t irritate me in a way that I would have
felt the need to wish him all the best. It goes without saying though
that I don`t wish him any serious harm, and therefore that he recovers.
But that is nothing I feel the need to say or write, because I`m not
emotionally involved by him being ill. And wishing him getting better,
may suggest such. And that would be hypocrit in my eyes...just to follow some kind
of sozial ritual. (But then: I do react emotionally in some cases if a person
I didn`t know personally dies, as for example in regaard to the death of the climber
Ueli Steck. But that must`t necessarily imply that I write something about my feelings.)
Everyone is different I guess...

Probably I should have just held my mouth...well, I should have.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

No need to worry Fred...your subsequent posts show that you didn't really mean any harm.
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

Listen, it would be massively hypocritical of me if I didn't admit to saying some pretty horrible things about him over the years. I can't think of a manager I've disliked more However, this is purely in the context of footballing rivalry. As a human being, I have no problem with him and hope he makes a full recovery ASAP. I get the impression that he has a sneaking admiration for Leeds as a club and fair play to him for rushing back from a Euro game many years ago, ahead of the squad, to attend Billy's funeral.
Get well soon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Ronan wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 4:16 pm No need to worry Fred...your subsequent posts show that you didn't really mean any harm.
Ditto that....