Norwich vs Leeds (team selection and rating)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Norwich vs Leeds (team selection and rating)

Post by Genghers »

Suggesting that Pearce is a problem really boiled my piss. We've been shocking for a long time. Heck has come in and hasn't improved things in any way.

Excuses:
Unavailable players - only really Ayling unavailable from the established group.
Players weren't playing for TC - clearly not playing for PH either...
Not his signings - Well if Orta is the one in charge of transfers, then nor was TC, and he managed to wring more out of this squad at one point.

Not good enough, for me.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Didn't see the game as at a wedding, can't comment on how any one played but

ahh can't be arsed
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

Shields53 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:31 pm I'll take out the word demented as I don't agree with calling my fellow Leeds fans demented. But that's my point, I think any manager should be backing the young players. Fine to take them out of the firing line if they are having a bad game but don't have a dig at them in out post match interview.

Heckingbottom has bigger questions to answer.
Having seen the highlights he looked at fault for the second goal, and I'm yet to be convinced by him, but that makes it worse.

If he's not good enough and will never be good enough then it's disgusting to put the blame on him.

It's also come out that he's out of contract so it'll be interesting to see what happens there.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

SG90 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:50 pm Phil Hay
Phil Hay
@PhilHayYEP
Heckingbottom felt the pressure from Norwich was coming down Leeds' left in the second half. Felt it was a lesson for Tom Pearce today. #lufc

Yep all Tom Pearce's fault :roll:
Am I missing the context of those comments? How is he saying it was Pearce's fault?

All I see is him saying that Norwich attacked him constantly and that he would have learned from that.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

HarryofOz wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:41 pm Am I missing the context of those comments? How is he saying it was Pearce's fault?

All I see is him saying that Norwich attacked him constantly and that he would have learned from that.
When you say something is a lesson for somebody it implies they did things wrong. He didn't say he coped well under constant pressure.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Clive wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:48 pm When you say something is a lesson for somebody it implies they did things wrong. He didn't say he coped well under constant pressure.
Fair enough, that's a valid point. I'm not sure that he intended to blame Pearce though.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Clive wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:48 pm When you say something is a lesson for somebody it implies they did things wrong. He didn't say he coped well under constant pressure.
The rolling eyes emoji would rather imply sarcasm and that it was not Tom Pearce at fault! :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

HarryofOz wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:50 pm Fair enough, that's a valid point. I'm not sure that he intended to blame Pearce though.
He certainly didn't intend to accept any blame himself.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

becchio bear wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:51 pm The rolling eyes emoji would rather imply sarcasm and that it was not Tom Pearce at fault! :bear:
I think he's rolling his eyes at Heckingbottom questioning the performance of Pearce.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Noel Whelan on the Norwich game.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Paul Heckingbottom's Post Norwich City Press Conference.
In which he states that he knows that he is right.
I would hate to see what happens when he gets it wrong.
Trashes Pearce.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Rubbing more salt in our wounds.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

HarryofOz wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:41 pm Am I missing the context of those comments? How is he saying it was Pearce's fault?

He isn't Harry, not in tbe slightest
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

HarryofOz wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:50 pm Fair enough, that's a valid point. I'm not sure that he intended to blame Pearce though.
The fact is he singled him out, like Colin did with Tom Lees.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Twitter classes PH with Neil Warnock for his handling of Tom Pearce.
It is I blame Tom Lees all over again. Poor man management.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

faaip wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:09 am He isn't Harry, not in tbe slightest
Cheers
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

rab_rant wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:20 am Twitter classes PH with Neil Warnock for his handling of Tom Pearce.
It is I blame Tom Lees all over again. Poor man management.
Even with the best subtext reader in the world I can't read that as a blame statement...and c'mon twitter as a source for good judgement ..really ?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:13 am I would have done and it's less to do with ennui regarding the team than ennui regarding the forum. But at a wedding today (I really hate these things, I've never owned a suit to start with and look like an idiot wearing one) So no commentary today folks sorry
Indeed I've kept a low profile over the last week other than the music/racing topics on here for obvious reasons

I suspect you looked very smart suited & booted mate, trust the wedding went well
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:25 am Noel Whelan on the Norwich game.
Well said Noel Whelan, hope to receive my refund in the post this week :)

I've been saying this about our players for many months even when we were sneaking wins

They have constantly cheated our fans & stole their wages

Time for the majority to go, getting rid of them is now the real problem thanks to the idiots running our club
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

faaip wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:55 am Even with the best subtext reader in the world I can't read that as a blame statement...and c'mon twitter as a source for good judgement ..really ?
Good judgement no but sentiment yes. I wish all of the tweets had been picked up
so you could see just how disillusioned the fans are with Heckingbotton.