Orta on his way

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Orta on his way

Post by 1964white »

MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Orta on his way

Post by MightyWhites »

Make my day if it's true. The man is a liability, don't know how he keeps getting jobs.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

If it is true then it appears we owe Orta a big thankyou

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9128381
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:52 pm If it is true then it appears we owe Orta a big thankyou

I absolutely agree with this...the only thing we'll ever agree upon. It looks right now that Orta has been very good for this club.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

weasel wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:52 pm If it is true then it appears we owe Orta a big thankyou

Quite.

It's OK to point the finger at Orta, but at the end of the day we don't know whether we got any of his first choice targets.

Some of our first team signings have proved to be good additions (Saiz, Alioski, Forshaw), while some have been poor (or not had much of a look-in). For me that's an improvement on previous regimes who brought in hordes of average or below average players.

The improvements at u18 and u23 is the most impressive though. We seem to have brought in some very talented players (I know a few have come through as well), which is good news for the future.

Honestly think that, once this squad is fully fit, we only need 2 or 3 quality players, with development players as backup if needs be, to make a concerted push for promotion.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Whenever you hear what AR says it is all about a 20 man squad and good competition coming through from the youth set-up and this is what appears to be happening. True the first team isn't of the standard we need yet but when writing off Orta's signings you could certainly make the case that his poor signings are no worse than the poor signings made before his time, Cooper & O'Kane for example. Also need to give some of his signings time players like Grot and Cibicki are clearly not ready for the first team yet but given time may prove to be good signings - just look at how poor the youth sides did at the start of the season but those players have acclimatised without being under the spotlight and are now flourishing.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Orta is going nowhere according to Phil Hay.

https://twitter.com/PhilHayYEP/status/9 ... 3708076032
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Can't get excited about Orta leaving if Heckingbottom is in charge of transfers next season.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

I don't remember them chanting for Gwyn Williams to go, Batesy got it all.

It's like when Brian Kidd got the blame for us finishing 5th.

Our fans are demented.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Yes it is like they think the manager is watching 1000s of players and matches every week. Even when the manager is solely in charge of who comes in he is reliant on his scouts to find the players that meet his criteria. Orta simply is in charge of the scouting network to co-ordinate it fully so that we can scout players all over the world but as he continually states the manager has the final say so - presumably more at first team level than youth level.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

SG90 wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:39 pm Can't get excited about Orta leaving if Heckingbottom is in charge of transfers next season.
Don't think Heck will get much say - he's more coach than manager under this regime . He will get what he's given IMO , not what he maybe wants ....might say get me a striker , but I don't figure he will get too much say in who . Its how they work abroad ( apparently ).
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Unfortunately in a turnaround it now seems Orta is staying at Leeds :(
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

weasel wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:02 am Yes it is like they think the manager is watching 1000s of players and matches every week. Even when the manager is solely in charge of who comes in he is reliant on his scouts to find the players that meet his criteria. Orta simply is in charge of the scouting network to co-ordinate it fully so that we can scout players all over the world but as he continually states the manager has the final say so - presumably more at first team level than youth level.
If he stuck to scouting then fair enough, but he doesn't. I remember TC being asked about Lewie Coyle coming back from loan and he said you'd have to ask Orta. I doubt that's the only time it has happened!
Osprey
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Osprey »

It looks as though Orta and Heckingbottom will both be staying now, seeing as we're reportedly eyeing up more 'talent' from Barnsley ... Fasten your seatbelts we're in for another bumpy ride next season with those two clowns. :shock:
since 7 October 1967
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I really don't know what people expect from Orta. It seems like he isn't allowed to make even 1 bad signing. If scouting and signing players that suddenly became superb was easy then nobody would make mistakes in the transfer market. Every team makes mistakes and especially when buying from abroad to get better value it is hit and miss - for every Yeboah there is a Brolin. Lucas Radebe, one of our finest ever foreign signings was signed as a midfielder and spent a few seasons nowhere near the first team and thought about quitting Leeds because of the weather before he acclimatised. People writing off Grot who is just 19 years old and is in a foreign country speaking a different language playing a different type of football. How many Man Utd fans wrote off Ronaldo in his first few years at Old Trafford?
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

weasel wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:09 pm I really don't know what people expect from Orta. It seems like he isn't allowed to make even 1 bad signing. If scouting and signing players that suddenly became superb was easy then nobody would make mistakes in the transfer market. Every team makes mistakes and especially when buying from abroad to get better value it is hit and miss - for every Yeboah there is a Brolin. Lucas Radebe, one of our finest ever foreign signings was signed as a midfielder and spent a few seasons nowhere near the first team and thought about quitting Leeds because of the weather before he acclimatised. People writing off Grot who is just 19 years old and is in a foreign country speaking a different language playing a different type of football. How many Man Utd fans wrote off Ronaldo in his first few years at Old Trafford?
He's not made one bad buy though he's made loads already
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

weasel wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:09 pm I really don't know what people expect from Orta.?
Well, from the starting XI yesterday, only three were Orta signings (One a season loan), and both Alioski and Saiz are former shadows of the players that they were at the start of the season. I realise that they need time to adapt to the Champonship, and will hopefully come out of the blocks better prepared next season, but his hit rate at 1st team level is poor. He has done well with the recruitment at Junior level, but he needs to up his game in the summer.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Gandalf wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:29 pm Well, from the starting XI yesterday, only three were Orta signings (One a season loan), and both Alioski and Saiz are former shadows of the players that they were at the start of the season. I realise that they need time to adapt to the Champonship, and will hopefully come out of the blocks better prepared next season, but his hit rate at 1st team level is poor. He has done well with the recruitment at Junior level, but he needs to up his game in the summer.
Has any body considered we are, like last season, tiring. Especially with nothing to play for
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

danhirons wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:20 pm He's not made one bad buy though he's made loads already
Okay name the bad buys -
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:36 pm Okay name the bad buys -
Name the good buys he made where it matters please ?