What do we need for next season? Signings etc.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

What do we need for next season? Signings etc.

Post by SG90 »

Bored and over this season already, so thought I'd do a thread on what everyone thinks we're missing and who we should sign and keep.

For me:
- A manager who was worked at a club with big expectations and could handle the pressure, so Silva, Garcia, Bilic, Wolf, De Boer or Berizzo are fine by me. Style of play is also important, so again those are fine.
- Formation: either 4-3-3 or 4-1-3-2. Tired of seeing one up top, especially at home.

Signings:
Filip Helander - £3/4m
Michael Dawson - free
Charlie Adam - free
Abel Hernandez - free
Diogo Goncalves - loan
Gonzalo Melero £3/4m - since Pablo will go, we'll need a replacement.
Lucas Nmecha (Man City)- loan
Backup GK - free. Don't know who.

We wouldn't have to break the bank for them. Obviously wages would be an issue, but we'd be saving money on transfer fees.

BPF
Pearce/De Bock Jansson Helander Ayling/Coyle
Adam
Saiz Melero Goncalves
Hernandez Nmecha

BPF
Pearce/De Bock Jansson Helander Coyle/Ayling
Vieira/Forshaw Adam Melero
Saiz Hernandez Goncalves

As 4-1-3-2 and 4-3-3. Both teams would be quick and not too disimilar to this year. Very good on the counter.

Other options include Dawson, Cooper, O'Connor, Berardi/Anita, Phillips, Klich, Ideguchi, Rey, Alioski, Sarkic, Dalby, Roberts, Roofe. So some decent depth.

Sell:
Weidwald (wouldn't mind keeping, but we'd at least get a fee for him), Lonergan, Anita/Berardi (keep one), Cibicki, Ekuban, O'Kane, Dallas, Sacko, Murphy, Antonsson.

Loan: Grot

Send back: Pennington, Lasogga.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: What do we need for next season? Signings etc.

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:48 pm
Signings:
Filip Helander - £3/4m
Michael Dawson - free
Charlie Adam - free
Abel Hernandez - free
Diogo Goncalves - loan
Gonzalo Melero £3/4m - since Pablo will go, we'll need a replacement.
Lucas Nmecha (Man City)- loan
I like the look of all those players. We mentioned three of those on our journey back from Villa

We require leaders such as Dawson, Adam or someone like James Milner if we could pull that one off, James would probably be out of our price range tbh
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:07 pm I like the look of all those players. We mentioned three of those on our journey back from Villa

We require leaders such as Dawson, Adam or someone like James Milner if we could pull that one off, James would probably be out of our price range tbh
Charlie Adam is on record saying he wants to play at Elland Road, so is certainly not unlikely he'd join. He's just what we're missing.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Managers are fine with me and the playing style.

4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 work fine for me, can easliy adapt in game if required.

Sell all the ones you said apart from Ekuban and sell Philips.

We are gonna lose one of Saiz and Jansson I'm sure so sell Saiz.

I'd be looking at Alfred N'Diaye, done a decent job at Wolves, knows the league, big and strong as well, perhaps on a loan.

Bersant Celina at Man City, on loan at Ipswich by far there best player, decent replacement for Pablo who will probably go although i hope he doesnt and will include.

See if Birmingham go down, couple there I'd like, Harlee Dean and Jota.

So Celina, Jota and Goncalves to replace Saiz and Pablo (if he goes). 2 loans one signing.

Dean to replace Cooper as back up or if we want to go 3 at the back, plus Helander who i think will placate Jansson and has a good pedigree.

Abel Hernandez is a great shout but those wages are huge.

Joel Asoro at Sunderland is out of contract and would be a decent signing.

I'd be looking to promote Jack Clarke and Oriol Rey, so Kemar Roofe could also be sold to raise funds.

Goalkeeping wise Daniel Bentley at Brentford would be ideal with BPF as backup.

So
Goalkeepers
Daniel Bentley and BPF.

Right back
Lewie Coyle, Luke Ayling, Gaetano Berardi.

Left back
De Bock, Tom Pearce, Berardi.

Cbs
Jansson, Helander, Harlee Dean, Paudie O'Connor, Pascal Struijk.

Dms
Ronaldo Vieira, Alfred N'Diaye

Cms
Adam Forshaw, Mateusz Klich, Oriol Rey, Yosuke Ideguchi, Hernandez

Right wing
Gianni Alioski, Joel Asoro, Jack Clarke

Attack mids
Jota, Goncalves, Celina, Hernandez

Left wing
Goncalves, Celina, Jack Clarke, Joel Asoro.

Striker
Abel Hernandez, Joel Asoro, Sam Dalby, Ryan Edmondson, Caleb Ekuban.

Dont think those players would cost the earth, gives us more height and muscle with Abel Hernandez, Alfred N'Diaye, Harlee Dean and Filip Helander.

Less pressure on Pablo.

Lots of pace and flair but plenty of legs to.

Daniel Bentley
Harlee Dean
Filip Helander
Alfred N'Diaye
Jota
Bersant Celina
Diogo Goncalves (if not Sergi Canos, big fan).
Joel Asoro
Abel Hernandez
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:14 pm Charlie Adam is on record saying he wants to play at Elland Road, so is certainly not unlikely he'd join. He's just what we're missing.
Indeed he would give our midfield some balls :tup:
Osprey
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Osprey »

Sack Orta and Heckinbottom. Install McCarthy as manager and give him carte blanche to get rid of all the foreign dross and recruit some British players
since 7 October 1967
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Osprey wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:09 am Sack Orta and Heckinbottom. Install McCarthy as manager and give him carte blanche to get rid of all the foreign dross and recruit some British players
Foreign dross like Saiz, Jansson and Alioski?

British players like Liam Cooper, Eunan O'Kane and Kalvin Phillips? :oops:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Osprey wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:09 am Sack Orta and Heckinbottom. Install McCarthy as manager and give him carte blanche to get rid of all the foreign dross and recruit some British players
But dross is ok as long as they're English? Jesus what a xenophobic comment.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Seriously, mate, this a joke post, right? Not only are you advocating a manager who's style doesn't gel with what we're supposed to be doing and is simply an older version of PH, but your comment re British players smacks just a little bit of xenophobia. How many British players are in the Man City side? Or Wolves, for that matter? Remember Warnock's team of predominantly British players? They were f**king sh*te!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Really like the Charlie Adam idea, or any probing, goal scoring midfielder for that matter.

For me it's a matter of center back and center forward first. Second a goalie (with BPF as rotation/back up). I think De Bock can do the job at LB next year. Ayling, Jansson, DeBock, Forshaw, Viera, Saiz, Alioski, Hernandez. Fill the 3 holes I mentioned.

2nd String: BPF, Coyle, Berardi, Pearce, O'Connor, Shaugnessy, Cooper, Phillips, Roofe, Klich, Ideguchi, Roberts, Ekuban and hopefully Dalby and Clarke
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

MONEY !!
And lot's of it !
Simple
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:14 pm Charlie Adam is on record saying he wants to play at Elland Road, so is certainly not unlikely he'd join. He's just what we're missing.
Like Ronan he is fat and slow.

Unlike Ronan he is a dirty ex-Rangers barsteward.

No thanks.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Gino 1959 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:16 pm Like Ronan he is fat and slow.

Unlike Ronan he is a dirty ex-Rangers barsteward.

No thanks.
But lets be honest, he is exactly what we're missing and every team in the league will want him. I hate to say it as I dislike him immensely, but I'd even take Joey Barton, as he would improve us massively. Heck I hated Diouf and didn't want him here, but warmed to him after a while.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

SG90 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:31 pm But lets be honest, he is exactly what we're missing and every team in the league will want him. I hate to say as I dislike him immensely, but I'd even take Joey Barton, as he would improve us massively. Heck I hated Diouf and didn't want him here, but warmed to him after a while.
He's not going to be a Vinnie Jones for us.

I also think he would struggle even at Champ level.

Chump more his level.

Wouldn't have Barton near us. What kind of message would that send given his character?

Be like any club that takes on Ronan's 2 rugby mates.

I would hope there are some principles still in place at ER.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Gino 1959 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:38 pmWouldn't have Barton near us. What kind of message would that send given his character?
Is he any worse than Diouf, Bowyer or Saiz spitting who we didn't mind? Who is Ronan?
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

SG90 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:49 pm Is he any worse than Diouf, Bowyer or Saiz spitting who we didn't mind? Who is Ronan?
Tell him who you are, Ronan.

Before I do ;-)
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Gino 1959 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:15 pm Tell him who you are, Ronan.

Before I do ;-)
Didn't realise you meant the member on here, I thought you were on about a player.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Charlie Adam's legs have gone. After watching the last Old Firm game, I would love it if we could poach Scott Brown. A real nasty b*****d, who opposition fans could hate, but has a lot of skill as well, and is a real leader. Just what we need in our midfield. He will be in the last year of his contract at Celtic next season. I wouldn't say no to Michael Dawson at the back, or Kieron Westwood in goal (he seems to have been displaced by Joe Wildblood). A quality striker is where I am struggling, and we would probably need to look abroad.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

Gandalf wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:23 am Charlie Adam's legs have gone. After watching the last Old Firm game, I would love it if we could poach Scott Brown. A real nasty b*****d, who opposition fans could hate, but has a lot of skill as well, and is a real leader. Just what we need in our midfield. He will be in the last year of his contract at Celtic next season. I wouldn't say no to Michael Dawson at the back, or Kieron Westwood in goal (he seems to have been displaced by Joe Wildblood). A quality striker is where I am struggling, and we would probably need to look abroad.
A 'Broony' is exactly what we need. Many people think he is just a hard midfield enforcer, but he can play creatively, too. I love his imperiousness on the pitch. He knows his job and makes sure everyone around him does their's. He would be awesome in the dressing room also. I think that he will stay at Celtic in some capacity after his playing days are over.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

SG90 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:16 pm Didn't realise you meant the member on here, I thought you were on about a player.
You mentioned 'Ronan' and 'member' in the same sentence!

Do you realise what you've done????