Our strikers....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Our strikers....

Post by 1964white »

Seriously, 4 passes between them :shock:

More importantly, no shots & no goals too

Roofe exempt from the ineptness of these three

Screenshot 2018-04-16 at 08.13.25.png
Screenshot 2018-04-16 at 08.13.25.png (75.13 KiB) Viewed 7779 times
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Re: Our strikers....

Post by 60sUnited »

Its a joke, if we had been tasked with going out and signing the 3 worst strikers possible then we over achieved in the task :lol:
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

with nothing to lose they may as well stick some of the kids on and see how they get on
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

The sad thing is Lasogga isn't even that bad player, it's poor coaching and loss of confidence. I guess when you're dropped to the bench for someone who can't score it won't be good for your morale.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:28 am The sad thing is Lasogga isn't even that bad player, it's poor coaching and loss of confidence. I guess when you're dropped to the bench for someone who can't score it won't be good for your morale.
He's sh*te

Can't run, can't turn a defender, can't jump for headers, can't hold the ball up, can't pass.

55k salary a week for a big lump of a striker who shoots now & again & scores a few goals

Hamburg had problems with Lassoga too & will be looking to offload come the end of the season, fortunately he won't be at ER next season

On your bike Lassoga :cycling: he'd probably fall of that too !
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

I must admit i have no idea who earns what. That is alarming though. Nearly 3 million quid for 10 goals
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

1964white wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:34 am He's sh*te

Can't run, can't turn a defender, can't jump for headers, can't hold the ball up, can't pass.

55k salary a week for a big lump of a striker who shoots now & again & scores a few goals

Hamburg had problems with Lassoga too & will be looking to offload come the end of the season, fortunately he won't be at ER next season

Do you know if we are paying him 55k or with him being on loan are we only paying part of it? I know you don't have access to our books, but have your read/heard anything about it?
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

He really isn't. I remember people were saying the same things about Wood too. Lasogga hasn't scored any penalties, Vydra has 7/19 for example, so they distort goal tallys. You just know he'll end up at somewhere like West Brom and score loads.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

HarryofOz wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:48 am Do you know if we are paying him 55k or with him being on loan are we only paying part of it? I know you don't have access to our books, but have your read/heard anything about it?
I heard / read we were paying him £15k pw (Hamburg making up the rest) which is on par with our other top earners.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:04 am I heard / read we were paying him £15k pw (Hamburg making up the rest) which is on par with our other top earners.
Cheers
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

HarryofOz wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:48 am Do you know if we are paying him 55k or with him being on loan are we only paying part of it? I know you don't have access to our books, but have your read/heard anything about it?
Apparently we are paying 16k of his salary Harry, he's not even worth that when you compare what Beckford & Bechhio gave us for much less wages
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:49 am He really isn't. I remember people were saying the same things about Wood too. Lasogga hasn't scored any penalties, Vydra has 7/19 for example, so they distort goal tallys. You just know he'll end up at somewhere like West Brom and score loads.
Once we got Wood fit he had much more than Lassoga has in his locker.

Can't see a premiership club paying £15m plus for our current on-loan lump
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

1964white wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:24 am Apparently we are paying 16k of his salary Harry, he's not even worth that when you compare what Beckford & Bechhio gave us for much less wages
Yeah Norfolk mentioned a similar amount. It's a lot for very poor return/

Even though we've been out of the top flight for so long, I reckon that Lasogga, Ekuban and Grot are our worst performing set of strikers since we've been relegated.

Oh for the days of Beckford and Becchio.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

HarryofOz wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:29 am Yeah Norfolk mentioned a similar amount. It's a lot for very poor return/

Even though we've been out of the top flight for so long, I reckon that Lasogga, Ekuban and Grot are our worst performing set of strikers since we've been relegated.

Oh for the days of Beckford and Becchio.
Indeed Harry

And we all know who are responsible for lumbering us with those three plus many other stooges !

Another summer of those type of signings & we can kiss the championship goodbye :(
hector

Post by hector »

I remember Becchio.... didn't he jump ship to Norwich ;-)

:)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:33 am I remember Becchio.... didn't he jump ship to Norwich ;-)

:)
You're in trouble now Hector :lol:
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Hi ok I’m going to say it, I never thought I’d say this but here goes, gulp!! I’d rather have..... no I’m gonna say it I’d rather have Steve Millwall Morrison here than that useless lump Lassie, I know SMM wasn’t much good but at least he tried and that’s far more than you can say for Lassie :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sorry rant over
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

No prem team will even consider signing Lasogga permanently, I don't even think a Championship team would consider it. He'll have to go on loan again I think as there won't be many takers after his hit-and-miss performances in the championship this season and Hamburg will have to subsidise his wages.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

danhirons wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:54 am No prem team will even consider signing Lasogga permanently, I don't even think a Championship team would consider it. He'll have to go on loan again I think as there won't be many takers after his hit-and-miss performances in the championship this season and Hamburg will have to subsidise his wages.
Someone told me he is out of contract at the end of this season with his parent club Hamburg looking likely to be relegated. So Lassoga is gonna have to take a serious look at his finances as I can't see any club paying him the same salary rate he's on now
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ratscoot wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:24 am Hi ok I’m going to say it, I never thought I’d say this but here goes, gulp!! I’d rather have..... no I’m gonna say it I’d rather have Steve Millwall Morrison here than that useless lump Lassie, I know SMM wasn’t much good but at least he tried and that’s far more than you can say for Lassie :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sorry rant over
He bullied us & played our fans to a tee when Millwall beat us 3-4. Worked his socks off whilst our soft lot couldn't handle him, MOTM for me