17% forum backing for Paul Heckingbottom

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

PH Sack him or back him?

Poll ended at Mon May 14, 2018 5:36 pm

Sack him now
60%
Sack him at the end of the season
23%
Keep him and let him be the manager next season
17%

Total votes: 30

NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Re: PH Sack him or back him?

Post by NorfolkWhite »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:08 am Hang on a minute :

Saiz decided to spit his dummy out bringing disgrace to our club, hasn't recovered his early form since. Was dropped by TC a couple of times

Alioski hasn't really turned up since Barnsley on the 25th November

TC dropped Jansson last September, not good under TC, slightly better under Hecky, has been half the player he was last season

Phillips started the season well but lost his place under TC when the real Kalvin turned up

Dallas has arguably had a better period under Hecky although he is still very average

Lassoga has been dropped by both TC & Hecky because he is a lazy, greedy German lump with an appalling attitude, couldn't be arsed to applaud our fans at Villa as he showed more effort & pace running towards the dressing-room as the final whistle blew than he did during the game

As i posted earlier funny how our young academy lads are showing quality & commitment to Leeds as oppose to our overpaid experienced players
Why do we always assume that it is the poor performances that show our players true colours. KP in particular was well up our MOTM table without actually winning a single award outright, he was consistently steady and effective allowing him to accumulate regular points, why can we not aim for him to replicate this over a season and have a coach that helps put measures in place to achieve this, he has proved he can do it.

On a wider squad basis why are we not looking to appoint a coach that can bring out those good performances from our players regularly, seems to be a lot of discussion on whether we should have kept TC rather than get Heck, truth of the matter is neither were / are up to it, long overdue us having a manager that gets the best out of the players he has available at this club, I genuinely look at squads like Milwall, Preston, Brentford and don’t see anything that we should have no problem being ahead of in the league over 46 games. Players look worse than they are when poorly coached, not fit (yes PML I’m looking at you) and lacking inspiration from the coach / manager, something I don’t feel our players have had all season, and it has showed. It’s easy when you are winning but when things get difficult your manager needs to earn his corn and neither of our two have been anywhere near the level we need.

Across our whole squad I can’t think of one player who has actually improved this season as it has gone on, surely with the law of averages one player would go on and sparkle. We’ve signed a few unknowns to this league but all we’ve had is, at best, players who have started well and faded - points to me that the coaching hasn’t been right, to take a whole squad and make every single one of the no better and not improve new signings with a whole squad underachieving seems too much of a coincidence to me and points in one direction. We need a proper top level coach / manager.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:37 pm
Across our whole squad I can’t think of one player who has actually improved this season as it has gone on, surely with the law of averages one player would go on and sparkle.
Pablo ?

With regards to Phllips.....Christiansen also dropped him as his form tailed off after his impressive start to the season
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:15 pm So why didn't we go for those type of signings last summer to replace our departed best players
Because we didn't show enough ambition and I blame AR for that. We decided to give Cooper a 4 year deal instead, when if we'd signed Helander, we'd be top 6 right now. Helander is on £4k a week and is ooc in 2019, Adam and Hernandez are ooc this summer, so we have no excuses not to look at them.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

He's gone if we dont beat Barnsley.

Tbf he should be gone regardless.

QPR, Barnsley and Norwich, TC already beat them with the same players so if Hecky does it we learn nothing.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

All he's done since he's come in is slag off all our players and say they're not good enough, hilarious coming from a guy who was in the bottom 3 and won 8 out of 50 games when he was appointed. I don't blame the players for not performing for him, why would you when he's like that to you? That might work if you're a respected manager like Mourinho or Pep, but not some nobody from Barnsley. And he doesn't "tell it like it is", all he does is talk crap and blame everyone but himself.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:50 pm He's gone if we dont beat Barnsley.
Don't be silly, some will still make excuses for him and of course Barnsley will win.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:37 pm On a wider squad basis why are we not looking to appoint a coach that can bring out those good performances from our players regularly, seems to be a lot of discussion on whether we should have kept TC rather than get Heck, truth of the matter is neither were / are up to it, long overdue us having a manager that gets the best out of the players he has available at this club, I genuinely look at squads like Milwall, Preston, Brentford and don’t see anything that we should have no problem being ahead of in the league over 46 games. Players look worse than they are when poorly coached, not fit (yes PML I’m looking at you) and lacking inspiration from the coach / manager, something I don’t feel our players have had all season, and it has showed. It’s easy when you are winning but when things get difficult your manager needs to earn his corn.
Exactly, also add Sheff Utd, Bristol City as well. Even the likes of Boro, Villa and Fulham aren't that good either, 3/4 quality players plus average players. No reason why we shouldn't be up there too. Tired of the excuses and slating of players.
Last edited by SG90 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:35 pm Heard the other night from our main man who attends meetings at ER that there is a divide between Kinnear & one other board member (forgotten his name) v Radz/Orta .

A meeting scheduled this week to discuss & iron out their disagreements
Ivan Bravo?

Wonder what they disagree over.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:53 pm Don't be silly, some will still make excuses for him and of course Barnsley will win.
Got a horrible feeling he will be here next season.

Just hoping he isnt.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:15 pm Got a horrible feeling he will be here next season.

Just hoping he isnt.
He will be sadly. AR will have to admit he made two mistakes if he got rid and he is too stubborn to do that. The funny thing is he was going on about using his contacts from Real Madrid and PSG to get better loans, yet they wouldn't come to work under PH, so if that's case, he must be looking to change.
Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:06 am So you'd be happy with relegation just so we can show some stability?
Firstly you don't know if wed be fighting relegation secondly whose to say whatever manager came in would do a good job?
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Bally wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:41 pm Firstly you don't know if wed be fighting relegation secondly whose to say whatever manager came in would do a good job?
Relegation is based on his record. He's won 8 games all season, including just six with "his" players. What makes you think he'll suddenly become a good manager all of a sudden?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:48 pm Because we didn't show enough ambition and I blame AR for that. We decided to give Cooper a 4 year deal instead, when if we'd signed Helander, we'd be top 6 right now. Helander is on £4k a week and is ooc in 2019, Adam and Hernandez are ooc this summer, so we have no excuses not to look at them.
Now you're talking :tup:

What are odds we'll be the last in the queue that is if we look in the right direction
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:14 pm Ivan Bravo?

Wonder what they disagree over.
No not Bravo

Just remembered his name.....some guy called Mooney whoever he is ?

Don't know what they are divided over :duno:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Just googled him now I remembered his name
Screenshot 2018-04-15 at 15.01.57.png
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:01 pm No not Bravo

Just remembered his name.....some guy called Mooney whoever he is ?

Don't know what they are divided over :duno:
James Mooney Head of Media and Communications (google) :)

How to announce PH's sacking? :)
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:04 pm James Mooney Head of Media and Communications (google) :)

How to announce PH's sacking? :)
:rol: :rol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:52 pm All he's done since he's come in is slag off all our players and say they're not good enough, hilarious coming from a guy who was in the bottom 3 and won 8 out of 50 games when he was appointed. I don't blame the players for not performing for him, why would you when he's like that to you? That might work if you're a respected manager like Mourinho or Pep, but not some nobody from Barnsley. And he doesn't "tell it like it is", all he does is talk crap and blame everyone but himself.
Radz laid into the players the other week, didn't work the oracle !
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

Sack him, admit the mistake and move on.
There Is Only One United.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:43 pm Pablo ?

With regards to Phllips.....Christiansen also dropped him as his form tailed off after his impressive start to the season
I agree - as I said neither Heck or TC have developed our squad or improved it overall. Neither were / are the right man for the job.