17% forum backing for Paul Heckingbottom

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

PH Sack him or back him?

Poll ended at Mon May 14, 2018 5:36 pm

Sack him now
60%
Sack him at the end of the season
23%
Keep him and let him be the manager next season
17%

Total votes: 30

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

17% forum backing for Paul Heckingbottom

Post by weasel »

Okay just over a month ago I ran the poll and Sack him got 47% of the vote and Back him got 53% of the vote. Just seeing what public opinion is now and have also added another option.
Muppet the Cat

Re: PH Sack him or back him?

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Sack him at the end of the season for me weasel
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Sack now before the better managers go. Or sack him by Monday 9am after our final game. No messing about.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

I've gone for 'sack him now' seeing as 'shoot him' isn't an option.
hector

Post by hector »

Clive wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:40 pm I've gone for 'sack him now' seeing as 'shoot him' isn't an option.
:rol: :rol:

Although ....... for the right price... :shhh: ;-)

:)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

My opinion would be to sack him now and place Cordoban in caretaker charge for the rest of the season.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Sack him now.

And give Oscar Garcia whatever he wants to take over.

Give him a few games to assess the squad.

Hecky is playing teams now we should beat

TC beat them all scoring 6 conceding 1.

Cant let Hecky cling on to his job based on beating teams the previous manager beat and was sacked anyway.

Sunderland, Fulham, Boro, Preston, Villa, Bristol City, all teams TC got more points off and he was sacked, nothing Hecky can do now to deserve to stay beyond the summer.

Better to let someone else have a few games to asses.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I could have a couple of pints with the guy, but I don't want him to manage (coach) my team.
Bye Paul, don't let the door...............
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

I was never inspired by his appointment but thought I’d give him the benefit of doubt to show what he could do..... well, I’ve seen enough, let him go now and get someone in to familiarise themselves with the set up so they can plan through the closed season.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

...but I've got a nasty feeling we're going to be lumbered............!
Hope I'm wrong.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

I've gone for back him. Mainly because I'm still annoyed that people have basically been calling for him to be sacked before he even managed a game here
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Get rid now, was never inspired by the appointment, but you never know - well now we do. Should give ourselves as much time as possible to get the right man.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

danhirons wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:10 am I've gone for back him. Mainly because I'm still annoyed that people have basically been calling for him to be sacked before he even managed a game here
Here here :tup:

Christensen got eight months, Hecky probably got less than eight hours from our fans on here

Problem is Dan do we really want to go through the whole scenario of the pre-season wasting weeks/months looking for a new coach/manager yet again leaving us precious time on building a better squad for 2018/19. In the end we'll probably go for the wrong candidate as we have so many times in the past.

Time for Radz to get his own house in order first, him & his sidekick are the chief culprits for the shambles we find ourselves in now !
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

danhirons wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:10 am I've gone for back him. Mainly because I'm still annoyed that people have basically been calling for him to be sacked before he even managed a game here
But that’s really a sympathy vote, do you want to be clutching at straws for yet another season??
Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

Got to sack Orta and back Heckingbottom let him get his own players in then judge him you can't keep sacking managers every two minutes.
If he were to be sacked theirs one obvious candidate he knows what's needed who to keep who to play where,how to change during the games and that's Clive he knows everything
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:03 am I was never inspired by his appointment but thought I’d give him the benefit of doubt to show what he could do..... well, I’ve seen enough, let him go now and get someone in to familiarise themselves with the set up so they can plan through the closed season.
What is he supposed to achieve with the bunch of average players he has at his disposal, a squad that lacks pace, quality, discipline, bottle & a poor attitude with several throwing sickie's

It's ironic how BPF, O'Connor & Pearce walk straight into the team putting in top performances & showing immense composure at their tender age
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Bally wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:37 am Got to sack Orta and back Heckingbottom let him get his own players in then judge him you can't keep sacking managers every two minutes.
If he were to be sacked theirs one obvious candidate he knows what's needed who to keep who to play where,how to change during the games and that's Clive he knows everything
So you'd be happy with relegation just so we can show some stability?
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:01 am What is he supposed to achieve with the bunch of average players he has at his disposal, a squad that lacks pace, quality, discipline, bottle & a poor attitude with several throwing sickie's

It's ironic how BPF, O'Connor & Pearce walk straight into the team putting in top performances & showing immense composure at their tender age
The same players TC had no lower than 10th and in the top 6 for months. Funny how the goalposts have moved so much for Heck.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:07 am The same players TC had no lower than 10th and in the top 6 for months. Funny how the goalposts have moved so much for Heck.
We started off well until we got found out by the likes of Sheff Wed, Millwall & Cardiff whom have all beaten us twice, five of those defeats under TC. Always insisted that our fans shouldn't be fooled with the run we had in December as we were fluking wins & draws. Then the real demise began showing our true colours going down to bottom club Birmingham creating absolutely zero in that game. Onwards to the embarrassing cup defeat at Newport with more horrible performances to follow conceding 4 goals at ER twice.

Yes TC did well to accumulate the points on the board but the writing was on the wall as our powder-puff players had given up the ghost long before Hecky arrived. Majority need kicking out of the club, it's gonna be difficult especially as the clown upstairs offered four year contracts to some of the worst players I've witnessed play for Leeds in my 55 years support of my beloved club

The managers are not to blame in what is now a fiasco & a joke of a club.

Two of my good friends who I travel with all over the country said "Leon you need to watch a team like Farsley Celtic"( who play in the Northern Premier league) "the attitude, discipline, entertainment is so much better than anything the current Leeds team have to offer" Like me the blokes & lassies who have been following Leeds for decades, some haven't miss a game since the late 60's do not like the current squad of players.

As the Leeds fans have sung in the last two games "We might be sh*t but we still love Leeds", fans with the right attitude & dedication unlike the players
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

He's been here 13 games, 2 months and there's been zero improvement or change in anything we do. We were never in the bottom half of had a negative goal difference until he came in. He's made players like Saiz, Alioski, Jansson, Phillips, Dallas, Lasogga worse than they were before he got here. That's the sign of a poor manager. They're not bad players or League 1 players, it's his coaching. The players are unhappy with his subs and tactics. The fact Barnsley fans are laughing at us for paying for him, tells you all you need to know.