Alex Neil

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Alex Neil

Post by Clive »

He ticks all the boxes for me.

He's only on a 12 month rolling contract at a smaller club with a smaller budget, so he's available unless he takes Preston up.

He's outperforming Leeds with a smaller club and a smaller budget.

He's got a team promoted to the Premier League.

He has experience of the Premier League.

He's got experience of a fairly big club in Norwich, got them promoted, and they've been worse since they sacked him.

He's still only 36, so he's got potential to improve an already impressive CV.

I see drive, I see hunger, I see ambition, I see strength of character.

He's what Heckingbottom was sold to us as, but he's the real deal.

If you don't want to go for an unknown foreigner again, or an experienced manager who's been hit and miss, then he's really the only candidate.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Alex Neil

Post by weasel »

I'm not totally convinced with him re Norwich with him getting promoted but then relegated - however a lot depends on what he learnt from the experience and if he is a better manager for the experience. His time in Scotland was excellent though.

Sometimes a manager's voice can lose respect if the same players get fed up of hearing it. Fergie dealt with this superbly by constantly changing his no.2 so that the players would be hearing a new voice and ideas constantly and also he was a good judge of when to get rid of a player.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Not for me. Plus he was pretty classless the other day accussing Jansson of faking an injury, which of course our embarrassment section of our fan base decided to go with.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

weasel wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:39 pm I'm not totally convinced with him re Norwich with him getting promoted but then relegated - however a lot depends on what he learnt from the experience and if he is a better manager for the experience. His time in Scotland was excellent though.
Sean Dyche got relegated with Burnley and came back the next season. Okay, he wasn't going to take Norwich straight back up, but they have got worse since he left.

If we're ruling out managers who've been relegated from the Premier League, then we're ruling out some good managers.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

SG90 wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:47 pm Not for me. Plus he was pretty classless the other day accussing Jansson of faking an injury, which of course our embarrassment section of our fan base decided to go with.
He had a point, though.

Fergie was as classless as you can get.

Do you want a 'nice guy' like Brian?
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Clive wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:51 pm He had a point, though.

Fergie was as classless as you can get.

Do you want a 'nice guy' like Brian?
No I want Bilic, Wolf or Garcia. The same I wanted when TC was sacked. But Radz will appoint the Morecambe manager or McCarthy.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Not for me.

That Norwich team last season should have been top 6, very expensive squad with real quality, didnt get the best out of it.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:50 pm Not for me.

That Norwich team last season should have been top 6, very expensive squad with real quality, didnt get the best out of it.
That’s correct, he’d totally lost his way at the end and were clueless. Reason they have gone backwards since he left is that they cleared out a large chunk of their senior players and high earners in preparation for the parachute money running out bringing through youth players and signing unknown Germans to fill the gaps.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:07 am That’s correct, he’d totally lost his way at the end and were clueless. Reason they have gone backwards since he left is that they cleared out a large chunk of their senior players and high earners in preparation for the parachute money running out bringing through youth players and signing unknown Germans to fill the gaps.
He has done well at Preston tbf.

Take him over Hecky but not my choice.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:41 pm He has done well at Preston tbf.

We need to be looking higher than that though. Wolves get ex Porto and Valencia. Why can't we go in for these kind of managers?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:04 pm We need to be looking higher than that though. Wolves get ex Porto and Valencia. Why can't we go in for these kind of managers?
Because was havent got Jorge Mendes in our back pocket.

Can see Wolves having a nasty shock next season.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:16 pm Because was havent got Jorge Mendes in our back pocket.

Can see Wolves having a nasty shock next season.
True, but AR said he knows people too, so...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:43 pm True, but AR said he knows people too, so...
Tbf i dont doubt Radz has extremely good connections.

Theres pictures of him with Mendes, Raiola and he has a perfectly traceable long standing business relationship with the President of PSG.

His business partner is a sponsor of the Globe Soccer awards, dont doubt Radz is extremely connected.

But why he hasnt used them yet i dont know.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:59 pm Tbf i dont doubt Radz has extremely good connections.

Theres pictures of him with Mendes, Raiola and he has a perfectly traceable long standing business relationship with the President of PSG.

His business partner is a sponsor of the Globe Soccer awards, dont doubt Radz is extremely connected.

But why he hasnt used them yet i dont know.
Because you know they'll change the rules if we do it. :roll:
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Cjay wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:41 pm He has done well at Preston tbf.

I agree on both fronts - but neither statement means we should go for him.