Aston Villa v Leeds - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Aston Villa v Leeds - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2018-04-12 at 19.22.16.png
Leeds travel down to Villa Park on Friday evening to play an in form Villa side five points from an automatic spot. An inevitable defeat & we could drop another place

I assume Saiz & Alioski will start after being rested or dropped on Tuesday night. I hope Pablo doesn't suffer the same fate tomorrow

Jansson is unfit to play so we haven't got a recognised defender in our back-four with what was our 3rd choice keeper between the sticks

Apologies for sounding cynical does anyone actually think that all the injuries are genuine?

Berardi excludes himself from the club by getting himself suspended for five games and has caught a plane to Ibiza! What were we saying about his passion for our club?

What an utter shambles :(
gessa

Re: Aston Villa v Leeds - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:41 pm Screenshot 2018-04-12 at 19.22.16.png

Leeds travel down to Villa Park on Friday evening to play an in form Villa side five points from an automatic spot. An inevitable defeat & we could drop another place

I assume Saiz & Alioski will start after being rested or dropped on Tuesday night. I hope Pablo doesn't suffer the same fate tomorrow

Jansson is unfit to play so we haven't got a recognised defender in our back-four with what was our 3rd choice keeper between the sticks

Apologies for sounding cynical does anyone actually think that all the injuries are genuine?

Berardi excludes himself from the club by getting himself suspended for five games and has caught a plane to Ibiza! What were we saying about passion for our club?

What an utter shambles :(

Berardi gave up the ghost when the players got a public bashing from Radz, the fact they have let him go on his jollies when he should be made train with the u23's shows that the powers haven't a f**king clue.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:48 pm Berardi gave up the ghost when the players got a public bashing from Radz, the fact they have let him go on his jollies when he should be made train with the u23's shows that the powers haven't a f**king clue.
Yep shocking mate Berardi should have his tracksuit on not his beach shorts

Imagine being paid 12k plus a week for sunning yourself on the beach when you are suppose to be working :roll:

These players are taking the p*ss :(
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:56 pm Yep shocking mate Berardi should have his tracksuit on not his beach shorts

Imagine being paid 12k plus a week for sunning yourself on the beach when you are suppose to be working :roll:

These players are taking the p*ss :(
I would hope they don't get paid whilst suspended.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I don't see why they wouldn't ....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

BPF

Dallas
Pearce
Ruiz
O'Conner

Alioski
Vierra
Phillips
Hernandez
Saiz

Roofe
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:57 pm I would hope they don't get paid whilst suspended.
Players are paid their salaries but may incur a fine if their club deem one deserves a financial punishment
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Surely be to god Heckingbottom has enough tactical knowledge to know he cant play Anita and Dallas at full back again?

He has a working pair of eyes?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:14 pm Surely be to god Heckingbottom has enough tactical knowledge to know he cant play Anita and Dallas at full back again?

He has a working pair of eyes?
They wouldn't be my choices Cjay but tbh Hecky isn't on a level playing field with not one defender or keeper that started the season.

It was bad enough losing Bartley & Taylor at the end of last season but to lose Jansson, Ayling, Berardi with no back-up of Cooper, Pennington & De Bock is a crazy situation. I've never known our whole recognised defence unavailable in the 55 years I've supported Leeds.

If we getaway with a battering tonight it will be a bl**dy miracle
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

1964white wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:41 pm
Well we had the sicknote six incident with Redfearn and the O'Brien situation with Grayson.

It's incredible bad luck to lose all your senior defenders, it wouldn't surprise me if there was more to it.

Radrizzani and Heckingbottom have both publicly criticised the players, so they won't be happy about that.

There seems to have been a few mysterious injuries that have happened behind the scenes, I even think some of Alioski's misses have been so bad that he's doing it deliberately.

If I had to pick a team from what we've got available then I'd be tempted to play Kalvin Phillips as a sweeper between the two young centre halves, with Alioski and Dallas as wing backs, just to give us more cover and experience at the back.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Clive wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:06 am Well we had the sicknote six incident with Redfearn and the O'Brien situation with Grayson.

It's incredible bad luck to lose all your senior defenders, it wouldn't surprise me if there was more to it.

Radrizzani and Heckingbottom have both publicly criticised the players, so they won't be happy about that.

There seems to have been a few mysterious injuries that have happened behind the scenes, I even think some of Alioski's misses have been so bad that he's doing it deliberately.

If I had to pick a team from what we've got available then I'd be tempted to play Kalvin Phillips as a sweeper between the two young centre halves, with Alioski and Dallas as wing backs, just to give us more cover and experience at the back.
Has to be more to it Clive

Our team & club as a whole is in a right old pickle :cry:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

The thing is it isn't an excuse for the mediocrity as it isn't like results have nose-died since the injuries started piling up. And it is also the reason that we have the reserve and youth teams so that we have defenders in reserve so that they can come in and know their positions. It is not like we have to play midfielders in defence......
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:47 am The thing is it isn't an excuse for the mediocrity as it isn't like results have nose-died since the injuries started piling up. And it is also the reason that we have the reserve and youth teams so that we have defenders in reserve so that they can come in and know their positions. It is not like we have to play midfielders in defence......
Come on Weasel the chances of us gaining a victory now is very remote indeed with so many experienced players missing even though the majority are mediocre to say the least.
Your comment is just another excuse to lay into Hecky who is right under the cosh :chair: We all know he's probably not up to the job but for gods sake show a bit of consideration to the plight of the cards he's been dealt with
hector

Post by hector »

Yer but......

If he hadn't have played people out of position... they would not have been there to get injured or sent off, and the players in position would not have been trying harder to protect the out of position players, and would not have been injured or sent off for trying too hard.. :)

See logical innit... Heckyarse is to blame.. :twisted: . QED mainly because Tom Lees is not here to blame... ;-)

:) :)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

gessa wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:57 pm I would hope they don't get paid whilst suspended.
May be Beradi is retraining to be a deckchair attendant
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Apparently this will be Steve Bruces 8th time facing Leeds at home and PH will be the 8th manager he shakes hands with
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:14 am Come on Weasel the chances of us gaining a victory now is very remote indeed with so many experienced players missing even though the majority are mediocre to say the least.
Your comment is just another excuse to lay into Hecky who is right under the cosh :chair: We all know he's probably not up to the job but for gods sake show a bit of consideration to the plight of the cards he's been dealt with
Was just pointing out that whilst he may have excuses for losing now he didn't have any legitimate ones before and pointing out that there was still no need to play midfielders in defence especially given that the injuries only started happening after the season was effectively over so it made more sense to try out the reserve defenders rather than playing midfielders in defence.
You stick up for Hecky though 64 as I am sure you are more than happy to keep believing his excuses as the team plummets even further.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:48 am Was just pointing out that whilst he may have excuses for losing now he didn't have any legitimate ones before and pointing out that there was still no need to play midfielders in defence especially given that the injuries only started happening after the season was effectively over so it made more sense to try out the reserve defenders rather than playing midfielders in defence.
You stick up for Hecky though 64 as I am sure you are more than happy to keep believing his excuses as the team plummets even further.
I don't think he is the right man for such a big job managing Leeds United. All I'm doing is being fair to the man who has been dealt a cruel blow with so many players unavailable to him

I can't recall in all my 55 years following Leeds where we've had the whole of our recognised defence unavailable for a league match.
The closest was probably in 1970 v Burnley when Eddie Gray scored two wonderful goals to win the game with a weakened team, even then we had Madeley & Harvey in our defence
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:19 am Yer but......

If he hadn't have played people out of position... they would not have been there to get injured or sent off, and the players in position would not have been trying harder to protect the out of position players, and would not have been injured or sent off for trying too hard.. :)

See logical innit... Heckyarse is to blame.. :twisted: . QED mainly because Tom Lees is not here to blame... ;-)
:) :)
Berardi played LB for much of last season. Up until his sending off for the 6th time so no excuses there imo, he was our only RB as Ayling was injured & Coyle out on loan. De Bock who replaced the inept CBJ is also injured. Cooper who has played LB in the past is also injured. So whoever is the manager in these circumstances are trying to do a job with their arms tied behind there back

Meanwhile Berardi is sunning himself in Ibiza

Pontus has probably headed back to Sweden in anticipation of his future fatherhood

De Bock has probably gone missing somewhere in Belgium although he did that on the pitch

Cooper is probably causing chaos in Chesterfield

Pennington back in scouseland with his other toffees

And Lewie Coyle is still putting in MOTM performances for Fleetwood
hector

Post by hector »

And Tom Lees??
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu