Paul Heckingbottom

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Paul Heckingbottom

Post by Dalton »

Yes, i used to be the away fan in the home end down here! I was all keyed up to go to the Fulham game about 2 months ago but after our run i couldnt be bothered as it looked a nailed on stuffing!
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

According to Phil Hay, Heckingarse saying that speculation surrounding his future yesterday 'came as a complete surprise to everyone'. How deluded is this fool? 2 wins in 12 in a results-driven business, his arrogance and/or stupidity knows no bounds. Get rid
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

lufc1304 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:03 pm According to Phil Hay, Heckingarse saying that speculation surrounding his future yesterday 'came as a complete surprise to everyone'. How deluded is this fool? 2 wins in 12 in a results-driven business, his arrogance and/or stupidity knows no bounds. Get rid
He had 1 win in 16 at Barnsley and got a new contract.

Probably thinks 2 wins in 12 is sparkling form.

He is a cliche machine
"fight for 2nd balls"
"back to basics"
"working hard"

Its like he is reading from a book of manager cliches.

Got annoyed by. ""I dont know what happened before, but when the summer starts we'll be judged on what happens".

I see, so the last 12 games was a pass was it?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

I try and avoid watching his interview for punching my TV
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

lufc1304 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:03 pm According to Phil Hay, Heckingarse saying that speculation surrounding his future yesterday 'came as a complete surprise to everyone'. How deluded is this fool? 2 wins in 12 in a results-driven business, his arrogance and/or stupidity knows no bounds. Get rid
I honestly do not care at the moment until this joke of a manager is out....never warmed to him...Evans and Hockaday had more personlity....sweet Jaysus...even Darko Milanič !!!
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Dalton wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:15 pm I try and avoid watching his interview for punching my TV
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Twitter is going nuts over his "come as a complete surprise to everyone" comment.

He should have said something like "i understand results havent been good enought but etc etc work hard etc etc blah blah".

But to dismiss it in that manner, not showing a hint of humility, he is gone in the summer at the latest, absolutely no doubt, Radz is all about PR, this man isnt likeable.
Signed

King Cjay

Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Dalton wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:35 am I have kind of upped my interest this year, coming to more games (although I am in Essex/work in London) and was looking in the lufc for a chat forum as i have been
a bit fed up with things lately. Then i found this and havent frequented a chatboard for years so i thought I would make a come back!
I think the chat boards are more fun than the games presently :)
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Cjay wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:45 pm Twitter is going nuts over his "come as a complete surprise to everyone" comment.

He should have said something like "i understand results havent been good enought but etc etc work hard etc etc blah blah".

But to dismiss it in that manner, not showing a hint of humility, he is gone in the summer at the latest, absolutely no doubt, Radz is all about PR, this man isnt likeable.
Cellino would have got shot of PH about 4 games ago . He had his good points .
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Correct me if i am wrong but didnt they buy out PH's contract at Barnsley for a small fortune even though his recent league record was poor etc?
He obviously had an interview which I assume he came out with all the annoying soundbites mentioned by the other posters to impress the owners
They obviously can't see or smell through bullsh1t when it is being thrown at them
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

Ronan wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:27 pm I honestly do not care at the moment until this joke of a manager is out....never warmed to him...Evans and Hockaday had more personlity....sweet Jaysus...even Darko Milanič !!!
I hear ya, mate, I haven't listened to, or watched, a game since he took charge. I love this club but I hate what we're currently being subjected to
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

lufc1304 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:59 pm I hear ya, mate, I haven't listened to, or watched, a game since he took charge. I love this club but I hate what we're currently being subjected to
How can you hate something you haven't seen at all??!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Obviously my post got lost somewhere

I'd never not watch just because I didn't like the manager or else I'd have missed all the BMC games and not seen the first 30 of this season.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

I listen to Noel Whelan on the internet radio. I know I am going to hate what I am going to hear
because I know it will be bad. It is like being a onlooker at a car crash. You know nothing
good is going to come of it, yet there is a morbid hope and something good can be salvaged from it.

Since Christmas for God knows how many years now there is the inevitable collapse. It is a case
of history repeating itself. I have always hoped that there would be a big change and things would
be different, but the same patterns keep on repeating themselves, and this year for the first time
there is a numbness creeping in, and I have become inured to failure. I have become accustomed
the the unpleasantness of continuous defeat. Now I am comfortably numb.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:41 pm I listen to Noel Whelan on the internet radio. I know I am going to hate what I am going to hear
because I know it will be bad. It is like being a onlooker at a car crash. You know nothing
good is going to come of it, yet there is a morbid hope and something good can be salvaged from it.

Since Christmas for God knows how many years now there is the inevitable collapse. It is a case
of history repeating itself. I have always hoped that there would be a big change and things would
be different, but the same patterns keep on repeating themselves, and this year for the first time
there is a numbness creeping in, and I have become inured to failure. I have become accustomed
the the unpleasantness of continuous defeat. Now I am comfortably numb.
I know that numbness feeling Rab

I've felt numb at games for many years now with my expectations at a very low ebb. You could say all the enthusiasm has been drummed out of me, no doubt I'll be in 'comfortably numb mode' tomorrow night at Villa :(
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Today's Press Conference

Phil Hay:

Injury latest ahead of Villa - none of the absent crop likely to return tomorrow. Jansson expected to miss out but should be back for the Barnsley game.

PH: "The word is frustrating. You get wound up by the results and things not going our way. But we have to make them go our way."

Heckingbottom said the protocol surrounding head injuries will stop Jansson playing, even if he felt he was fit.

Heckingbottom saying he'll have a hands-on roll in recruitment this summer. Admitted that a lot of work is needed on the squad

Heckingbottom says he wants the players to feel a "touch of jealousy" when they see what Villa are playing for

Heckingbottom said the speculation about his job yesterday was "a surprise to everyone". Said he's no reason not to think he'll be here at the start of next season

On Victor Orta and criticism of him, Heckingbottom said he thinks the transfer set-up here is healthy. "I don't know what went on before. But when the summer starts, we'll be judged on what happens

Heckingbottom says he believes Jansson was genuinely injured on Tuesday. Says Alex Neil's comments were purely down to the fact that he was defending the decision to allow the goal. Said Neil specifically asked about Jansson's condition after the game.

Heckingbottom has given through to recalling Liam Kitching (CB) from Harrogate Town but he's got a minor injury.

Heckingbottom described this 12-game spell as "horrific" and "horrible". Would he have expected to pick up more points? "Too right."
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

danhirons wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:42 pm How can you hate something you haven't seen at all??!
I can read, Dan! The appointment of Arse just felt like a huge backward step. to be accurate, I saw/listened to his first couple of games, read the comments from those on here who attend or watch/listen to streams and saw nothing that made me feel like giving up any more of my time to simply be frustrated and angry.The initial optimism at the start of the season has given way to indifference for me. If that makes me less of a fan, so be it, but I've been a fan for almost 45 years and that won't change. But the current set-up stinks, so I'm disinclined to invest time or effort until Radz wises the f**k up.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://mobile.twitter.com/LeedsUnitedY ... 8776304641

This clip sums him up.

Smug, negative, arrogant twat

"Over achieve next season"
"We had a slim chance of the playoffs when i arrived".

Just fook off, really shouldn't watch his interviews anymore he winds me right up.

7 points 16 games you clueless pillock!!! Thats not slim!!!!
Preston are 5 points off with 4 games to go!!!

Whats this constant over achieving nonsense he keeps coming out with.

Every opportunity he gets he says that about next season.
Signed

King Cjay

Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

“I came in here in February with slim hopes of the play-offs and we were chasing that down. That was the first goal - let’s not let this season die out quickly - but it did die out quickly so we were straight onto the second phase of what we wanted to do, which was to start looking at players and getting our plans laid down for next season."

“We’re going to have to work hard because we’ve seen the calibre of players who are in this league, the calibre of clubs. But it doesn’t mean we can’t do it if we’re all on the same page, over-achieving and building a hungry, competitive squad. “That’s the stage where we’re at now. Make no mistake about it, it’s all going to be on results next season, without a doubt. That’s what we should be judged on.”

He says there were slim hopes of the play-offs, yet we were a point behind Middlesbrough and Millwall were 15th and 6 points behind us when he took over.

He says those hopes died out quickly, but what does he consider quickly? We were still above Millwall after the Middlesbrough game which was his 5th game in charge.

When did he start on this second phase and what exactly are we supposed to be seeing that will stand us in good stead for next season?

He shouldn't even have been entertaining the idea of missing out on the play-offs until it was impossible. It sounds as though he'd already written them off when he came in.

I hate all the talk of over-achieving, Grayson used to say it all the time, too. If by doing well you're over-achieving then the bar is set pretty low and you have to be in relegation trouble before you're under-achieving.

McDermott used to talk about next season, and how he was building for the future, and how good it would be. Anyone can say that, you have to show something in the here and now.

Radrizzani said he appointed him to get us in the top 6 this season, not only has he failed miserably at that, he's playing down our chances of doing it next season, too.

What a pathetic loser!
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Cjay wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:22 pm https://mobile.twitter.com/LeedsUnitedY ... 8776304641

This clip sums him up.
Smug, negative, arrogant twat
Not to belabour a point but instead of listening to him I just watch his interviews.
During this one he sat the whole time with his arms crossed over his chest
in a very defensive position. Poor guy, I can only imagine the inner turmoil.
Good on Phil Hay for asking the hard questions.

He needed to be asked
"Do you think a manager who has 2 wins since Christmas and is second from
bottom in the managerial stakes with only a 12% success rate is a suitable manager
to be in charge of Leeds United?

I think he just might explode trying to answer that.