O/T Cats

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: O/T Cats

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:49 pm Speaking off cats my little girl likes your cat photo Leon that you use as your avatar and is always going 'cat, cat' when I am reading one of your posts!
Aah lovely to hear Weasel, show your little girl the photos of Casper I posted up above

Our boy has just marched in flopping on my feet after sitting in the sun on the patio for half an hour :moggy:
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Thanks everyone you've all been really helpful. Jill, I didn't know about the hand thing, i've been holding my hand out to her thinking I was being friendly!! Yes Lily does like toys. She's got some catnip mice, a little furry catnip dog which she loves, 2 fishing rod toys and she loves chasing balls. Faaip, I have been looking at getting some feliway, sounds like it might be what she needs to calm her down! Hector, my lounge has the staircase in the room and Lily likes to sprawl across the stairs peering down at us through the bannister from a lofty height. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

Oh and Hector I would love the Jackson Galaxy mogfest :tup: :moggy: :bear:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I had a feral cat for 18 years bb. I had her whilst in the Middle East and she was about three months old when i got her. The people who had rescued her and had her from birth used to 'play' with her by tapping her head with a shoe :x Not a nice thing to do! When she came to me she was friendly but on her own terms. She would run up my leg and sit on my shoulder when I was washing up :) She would allow cuddles but only when she wanted them, and like yours, often drew blood. She would grab my hand in her front paws and scrabble madly on my hand with her back claws...the worst thing I could do was to to snatch my hand away, it would have been ripped to shreds...I just let her be cuddly when she wanted and then left her alone when she wanted to be....but like I say, she was feral. When I left the Middle East I brought her back with me and she was in quarantine for six months. With the flight, vet checks, vaccinations and kennels for 6 months it cost me £1000 pounds to bring her home, but I loved that little moggy and I wasn't leaving her there :moggy: When she was 12, we brought a 10 week old Basset Hound into our lives (and hers).....ar first she was very wary and put him in bis place, but within a few months they were snuggled up together in front of the woodburner and sleeping in each others beds and when we lost her our then 6 year old Basset was so sad, he really really missed her for quite a few months.
I probably haven't given you any advice bb but wanted you to know about my little 'Mazda'. Keep up the good work, it's so good of you to have taken on a rescue and I hope you get plenty of joy from your little fur baby. (Perhaps you could get a puppy or as suggested another kitty for company :) )
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

lufc1304 wrote:

A cat will go to the one non-cat person in a room because you can be sure that's the one person who isn't looking at him/her!

That would be me and you're 100% correct. I'm not anti-cat but don't especially like them, and it never fails - most will actually jump to my lap or show signs of wanting to as I'm ignoring them. I've always thought it weird but it's just what they do. I don't try to pet them but they'll push their foreheads under my fingers to solicit a petting. I usually give them a little rub around the ears then shoo them off, but then they come back, whilst somebody who is a cat lover gets frustrated trying to keep them entertained.
gessa

Post by gessa »

lufc1304 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:04 pm Surprised at that, mate, you not a Tarantino fan?
I need to watch them all again .
hector

Post by hector »

becchio bear wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:42 pm Oh and Hector I would love the Jackson Galaxy mogfest :tup: :moggy: :bear:
All 61 episodes now on 2 data dvd's best you PM me an address to send them to :tup:

:)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
gessa

Post by gessa »

hector wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:43 pm All 61 episodes now on 2 data dvd's best you PM me an address to send them to :tup:

The whipping shed
Bramley
West Yorkshire.
hector

Post by hector »

you seem all nostalgic there Gessa......
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

hector wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:43 pm All 61 episodes now on 2 data dvd's best you PM me an address to send them to :tup:

PM sent :tup: :moggy: :bear:
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

Big thank you to Hector :-D Jackson Galaxy mogfest delivered through my letterbox a few moments ago :tup: :moggy: :bear:
hector

Post by hector »

Pleased to help BB, enjoy the 50 odd hours of moggies......