Radrizzani.....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Radrizzani.....

Post by 1964white »

Andrea Radrizzani: Leeds United players have not repaid the faith of their long-term contracts

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/928400645?-11130:816

"As a club we support them in everything,"

"We gave them long-term contracts, we supported them during our pre-season camp in Spain, we did everything they wanted but we didn’t get back their commitment, their passion and spirit, particularly in the last game I can mention [against Middlesbrough].

"The most important game we played poorly, and for me it was the bottom of the season because there was no commitment, no passion, no spirit.

“I don’t want players in my team representing Leeds United with this behaviour."
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Radrizzani.....

Post by Cjay »

Sounds like he isnt happy.

The long term contracts was a mistake.

Vieira, Jansson i get but most of the others nah.

Hopefully this signals a change in approach.

Goodbye average managers and poor players.

Hello quality.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We used to criticize when we handed out 2 year contracts. Now we're criticizing 3/4 year contracts...difficult to see a compromise.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:11 pm We used to criticize when we handed out 2 year contracts. Now we're criticizing 3/4 year contracts...difficult to see a compromise.
Dont give players new contracts based on a few games.

Phillips, Cooper, O'Kane, etc
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Depends how much they got paid, Coop is a squad player all day long. Phillips still has the same potential he always had. Never rated O'Kane though
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

I'm not sure how much long term contracts are a reward to players, players and agents make more from signing on fees if they are on short contracts.

Long term contracts offer security to the club. If we dont think they are good enough they shouldnt be on long term contracts.
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

Sounds like he’s giving a few lads a verbal kick up the arse.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Contracts these days are simply a way of clubs trying to maximise the transfer fee when they sell the player. If say Jannson had just a year left on his contract clubs would offer us a lot less than if he has 3 years left knowing that we were in a position where we were having to sell rather than risk losing him for free in a year.

Easy in hindsight to say which players to give 4 year contracts too and which to only offer 2 year deals to. Likewise if you wait for them to do really well before offering them an extension you run the risk of them not signing - say a youth team player on a 2 year contract broke into the team now - lets say the left back Pearce as an example. He has an amazing end to the season and we want him to sign a new contract - but I'm sure his agent will say hang on we now have just over a year left on his contract and premiership clubs are sniffing after him now and are willing to pay him £30k a week. Well that's game over for us. Mowatt would be an example of a young player who looked like a world beater yet a year later was on his way to Barnsley and is now disappearing down the leagues. Could easily have been offered a huge contract by us when he was at his best - and if we didn't but he carried on playing great then we look like fools as he could have left for peanuts.

I really don't like the way AR has acted in recent weeks. First laying all the blame on TC's shoulders and now the players. He needs to stand up and admit he and Orta have got it wrong big style this season by not adequately replacing the star names that left. No doubt it will be criticising players that were not signed by them but the others. Poor indeed and hardly likely to raise morale amongst the team.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:37 pm Contracts these days are simply a way of clubs trying to maximise the transfer fee when they sell the player. If say Jannson had just a year left on his contract clubs would offer us a lot less than if he has 3 years left knowing that we were in a position where we were having to sell rather than risk losing him for free in a year.

Easy in hindsight to say which players to give 4 year contracts too and which to only offer 2 year deals to. Likewise if you wait for them to do really well before offering them an extension you run the risk of them not signing - say a youth team player on a 2 year contract broke into the team now - lets say the left back Pearce as an example. He has an amazing end to the season and we want him to sign a new contract - but I'm sure his agent will say hang on we now have just over a year left on his contract and premiership clubs are sniffing after him now and are willing to pay him £30k a week. Well that's game over for us. Mowatt would be an example of a young player who looked like a world beater yet a year later was on his way to Barnsley and is now disappearing down the leagues. Could easily have been offered a huge contract by us when he was at his best - and if we didn't but he carried on playing great then we look like fools as he could have left for peanuts.

I really don't like the way AR has acted in recent weeks. First laying all the blame on TC's shoulders and now the players. He needs to stand up and admit he and Orta have got it wrong big style this season by not adequately replacing the star names that left. No doubt it will be criticising players that were not signed by them but the others. Poor indeed and hardly likely to raise morale amongst the team.
Agreed.

Not keen on this side of Radz, it is very much an adult tantrum, the twitter messages, the blaming of TC, a man who acted with nothing but professionalism from day one, contradicting himself, one week this is a top 6 squad, next week its this. Its worrying when you consider what has he actually done thats been positive this season? not much. Lets hope this was a learning curve.

I do hope that he doesnt just blame the players that he wasnt involved in signing, and consequently absolves Orta of any blame. As he mentioned before, he is a well connected man, this may be his first football club but he is well known, sports media, he will have more connections in football then people realise, right to the very very top. His business partner Riccardo Silva sponsors the Global Soccer Awards for example, he was business partners with the President of PSG, he advised Suning in there purchase of Inter Milan.

He will know so many people, he needs to draw on there experience. In his interview he named the 3 biggest footballing agencies in the world as people he has "long term friendships with" so now he has an issue, if Wolves are let off then Radz has to put his money where his mouth is.

IN fairness to Radz have any of last season squad kept up there from? Probably not, so he has every right to moan.
Last edited by Cjay on Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Cjay wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:12 pm Dont give players new contracts based on a few games.

Phillips, Cooper, O'Kane, etc
Based on quite a few games I would give O'FuckingKane NO contract . Let the fucker go . Let him spoil another club .
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

faaip wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:17 pm Depends how much they got paid, Coop is a squad player all day long. Phillips still has the same potential he always had. Never rated O'Kane though
Phillips is the next Mowatt - probably have to go elsewhere to realise a decent career in football . This level is too much at the moment , not quite up to it and I don't think he'll develop enough to get anywhere at Leeds .
hector

Post by hector »

Clacton White wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:12 pm Based on quite a few games I would give O'FuckingKane NO contract . Let the fucker go . Let him spoil another club .
That's a surprise?? :lol: :lol:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... s-14405568

full interview for anyone who fancies a peek.
Signed

King Cjay

HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Of course he's going to complain about their supposed lack of passion and spirit. That we he can blame the players rather than himself for giving long-term contracts to players that are not good enough, or appointing a coach/coaches that are not good enough.

And he knows that criticising the players for lack of passion or spirit will resonate well with the fans.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Interesting how he blames TC's lack of squad rotation in the 4 games starting December 23rd yet didn't provide him with enough squad depth to be able to rotate (this was before the transfer window so before DeBock and Forshaw). For a starter Saiz wasn't available for the first two games then came on as a sub in the 3rd and started the 4th so for me that is a bit of rotation. The defence for the 4 games was Berardi, Ayling, Cooper and PJ - well really what alternatives were there then apart from Anita coming in at left back, Pennington (who was just back from injury) or Shaugnessy? You don't look to change your back 4 normally let alone when the replacement options are nowhere near good enough. Midfield and Vieira started 2 matches and was injured and not in the squad for 2 matches. Phillips started 3 and was a sub in 1 match. O'Kane started 2 was a sub in 1 and was injured and not in the squad for 1. We were so short of options there that Shaugnessy even started one match in midfield and Klich even made a substitute appearance. Only other option was to play Anita there but PH and TC both seem to not view that as an option.
Onto the wings and Dallas was still out with injury personal bereavement. With Lasogga only coming back from injury Roofe was playing up front and Hernande playing in the hole due to Saiz's absence the only options were Alioski, Cibicki, Grot and Sacko. Hardly surprising that Alioski played all 4 matches and Cibicki played 3 until Saiz returning allowing Hernandez to play out wide.
Hernandez started 3 matches in the no.10 role and Saiz once after returning from injury. Again no real options there. Up top Roofe started all 4 with Lasogga coming back from injury and playing from the bench all 4 matches.

So really although it is easy to say rotate more the options simply weren't there as the squad isn't strong enough. Just look at the outfield players on the bench - Anita, Pennington, Shaugnessy, Grot & Sacko.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Nice to see that, upon your elevation Hector, you now have 6 spherical objects to your name.
I always thought you had balls buddy but this is unprecedented! :clape:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I think Radz is, as weasel hinted, behaving like a spoiled child. Owners shouldn't go on rants about the players and neither should managers/coaches. Keep everything in house and behind closed doors, no matter what you think. Where is his decorum and common sense? He's going to upset the entire apple cart if he isn't careful with his scattergun approach for apportioning blame anywhere but where it needs to be - with him and Orta for not providing TC with a complete team and then sacking him for not succeeding with an impossible task.
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

weasel wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:11 pm Interesting how he blames TC's lack of squad rotation in the 4 games starting December 23rd yet didn't provide him with enough squad depth to be able to rotate (this was before the transfer window so before DeBock and Forshaw). For a starter Saiz wasn't available for the first two games then came on as a sub in the 3rd and started the 4th so for me that is a bit of rotation. The defence for the 4 games was Berardi, Ayling, Cooper and PJ - well really what alternatives were there then apart from Anita coming in at left back, Pennington (who was just back from injury) or Shaugnessy? You don't look to change your back 4 normally let alone when the replacement options are nowhere near good enough. Midfield and Vieira started 2 matches and was injured and not in the squad for 2 matches. Phillips started 3 and was a sub in 1 match. O'Kane started 2 was a sub in 1 and was injured and not in the squad for 1. We were so short of options there that Shaugnessy even started one match in midfield and Klich even made a substitute appearance. Only other option was to play Anita there but PH and TC both seem to not view that as an option.
Onto the wings and Dallas was still out with injury personal bereavement. With Lasogga only coming back from injury Roofe was playing up front and Hernande playing in the hole due to Saiz's absence the only options were Alioski, Cibicki, Grot and Sacko. Hardly surprising that Alioski played all 4 matches and Cibicki played 3 until Saiz returning allowing Hernandez to play out wide.
Hernandez started 3 matches in the no.10 role and Saiz once after returning from injury. Again no real options there. Up top Roofe started all 4 with Lasogga coming back from injury and playing from the bench all 4 matches.

So really although it is easy to say rotate more the options simply weren't there as the squad isn't strong enough. Just look at the outfield players on the bench - Anita, Pennington, Shaugnessy, Grot & Sacko.
Said virtually the same myself elsewhere :tup:

I had a look at the games and Cibicki, Hernandez, Phillips, Vieira, Alioski, Klich, O’Kane, Saiz, Sacko were all used or made appearances in midfield over this period of time, I fail to understand how that isn't rotation.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Maybe Radz knows he messed up sacking TC and appointing EckyThump, he cant say that though so he is trying to justify it with flimsy excuses, especially after calling the man a mistake.

Said since TC went i didnt think anyone else would have got more out of this squad, still dont.

Think Radz has said his bit and whatever happens just stay silent now.

Problem is the man is all about PR and talking and selling his ideas, how he made his cash after all.
Signed

King Cjay