R I P Dave Callaghan

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

R I P Dave Callaghan

Post by Gurj »

A broadcasting legend in Yorkshire most notably for he's long standing and supreme commentary stint for the County Cricket club but also back in the day he was Radio Leeds main man for the promotion season under Wilko.

So many great tributes on social media this morning - shows how highly regarded he was.

R I P Cally
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: R I P Dave Callaghan

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Posted in the Cricket thread last night, very sad. The voice of summer.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Very sad to read this when you posted this news last night Adam

Dave was a true gentleman, always remained neutral/fair-minded on his trips around the various county cricket commentary boxes even though deep down inside he was rooting for Yorkshire

I regard Dave Callaghan up there with the greats such as Benaud, Johnston, Blofield, Arlott, Boycott & Lloyd

RIP Dave you'll be sadly missed
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

I used to see him every year at the two Scarborough games. Always had time for a chat. True gent was Cally. RIP.
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

I remember listening to him in the early 80s when he presented the Leeds United show on radio Leeds on Friday evenings. Sad news
RIP