Are Hay and Pope the Problem?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Are Hay and Pope the Problem?

Post by Clive »

The owners have changed, the managers have changed, the players have changed, but these two clowns have been around for years.

They're not Leeds fans, they're not local and it suits them if there's chaos at Leeds because it gives them more to talk about.

The media are so powerful and you can see on here that a lot of people get their opinions from the media rather than forming their own.

It seems to me that they poison the fans against the better managers and talk up the worst ones.

The way they stirred everyone up to protest the sacking of McDermott, after poisoning them all against Warnock, was ridiculous.

Do we need to shut down these fake news merchants before we can really move forward as a club?
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Are Hay and Pope the Problem?

Post by weasel »

Would also add Noel Whelan to that as lot of fans simply trot out his opinion as their own. To hear Whelan talk you'd think he was an amazing player for Leeds rather than just a reasonable player that never really hit the heights anywhere he went and I certainly don't recall him as an Alan Smith type chasing down lost causes and putting 100% in every match.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:32 am Would also add Noel Whelan to that as lot of fans simply trot out his opinion as their own. To hear Whelan talk you'd think he was an amazing player for Leeds rather than just a reasonable player that never really hit the heights anywhere he went and I certainly don't recall him as an Alan Smith type chasing down lost causes and putting 100% in every match.
Eddie Gray & Norman Hunter don't rate our current team, both are in despair right now

Don & Billy will be turning in their graves

Whelan played at a higher level than our current lot & says it as it is rather than pussyfooting about with fancy words

They all have opinions because they are passionate about their football club. Over the years I've spoken to a few & seen many of our ex-players who still support LUFC home & away every game
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Clive, your post has somehow made it to twitter and both Hay/Pope have responded LOL Your name must be trending around the world now :-)
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Someone called Stephen Foster has posted it.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

I read the YEP on occasion and follow Hay on Twitter, I've never found him to be anything other than even handed in his reporting. Praise when praise is due but isn't afraid to call us sh*te when we have been. Not sure what the problem is here
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
gessa

Post by gessa »

lufc1304 wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:21 am I read the YEP on occasion and follow Hay on Twitter, I've never found him to be anything other than even handed in his reporting. Praise when praise is due but isn't afraid to call us sh*te when we have been. Not sure what the problem is here
Agreed. Infact on occasion I find he is too pro the club.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Clive will be starting a petition to out our correspondents next :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:17 am Someone called Stephen Foster has posted it.
I suspect Phil & Adam are quaking in their boots ;-)
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Words fail me - what position do these guys play ? Blame, blame, blame. I try to stay away from football threads after we lose, because the negative morons can't help themselves. They have to find someone or something to blame. Revie wouldn't have lasted 10 matches in the internet age. Everybody is now a football expert, but blaming local journalists takes the biscuit. I am seriously considering sacking this forum off for good.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Gandalf wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:50 am Words fail me - what position do these guys play ? Blame, blame, blame. I try to stay away from football threads after we lose, because the negative morons can't help themselves. They have to find someone or something to blame. Revie wouldn't have lasted 10 matches in the internet age. Everybody is now a football expert, but blaming local journalists takes the biscuit. I am seriously considering sacking this forum off for good.
Agree in part but I don't mind criticism where it's due. We've all done it coming out of football grounds just now it has a bigger audience. Strangely the reaction of the crowd in the ground seemed to play a part in the sacking of TC rather than an internet forum with the resounding chorus of You Don't Know What You're Doing
Last edited by The Subhuman on Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:50 am Words fail me - what position do these guys play ? Blame, blame, blame. I try to stay away from football threads after we lose, because the negative morons can't help themselves. They have to find someone or something to blame. Revie wouldn't have lasted 10 matches in the internet age. Everybody is now a football expert, but blaming local journalists takes the biscuit. I am seriously considering sacking this forum off for good
Please don't go down that road Gandi :(
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

1964white wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:55 am Clive will be starting a petition to out our correspondents next :lol:
I didn't know they were gay.
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

Gandalf wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:50 am Words fail me - what position do these guys play ? Blame, blame, blame. I try to stay away from football threads after we lose, because the negative morons can't help themselves. They have to find someone or something to blame. Revie wouldn't have lasted 10 matches in the internet age. Everybody is now a football expert, but blaming local journalists takes the biscuit. I am seriously considering sacking this forum off for good.
:tup: Ditto
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

totally agree - some the comments on here since our decline this season have been embarrassing
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:55 am Clive will be starting a petition to out our correspondents next :lol:
Nah! I reckon he'll be blaming the stewards for our poor form next.....their hi-viz jackets distracting the players :rol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:39 pm Nah! I reckon he'll be blaming the stewards for our poor form next.....their hi-viz jackets distracting the players :rol:
Well he can't blame the ball-boys because we haven't got none at ER anymore Swan :lol:
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Don’t think of leaving.
I think Clive obviously stayed up late to concoct such rubbish. Phil Hay and Adam Pope provide fair and balanced views on our club and often jump to our defence when others stick their noses in.
This thread is a waste of time and I couldn’t believe what I was reading.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:10 pm Don’t think of leaving.
I think Clive obviously stayed up late to concoct such rubbish.
This thread is a waste of time and I couldn’t believe what I was reading.
I've been thinking for a while Clive, are you a bit of a wind up merchant. Toss in a grenade, sit back and watch what happens :whistle: ...... and we oblige
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:39 pm Nah! I reckon he'll be blaming the stewards for our poor form next.....their hi-viz jackets distracting the players :rol:
Interesting again how several posters seem to have failed to read Clive's post. He doesn't blame Hay and Pope for the player's poor form in any way. I would urge several posters to actually read Clive's opening post again as not once does it mention anything about why the team or players are playing poorly.

The point Clive appears to be making is that fans are paying too much attention to the likes of Hay and Pope and taking their opinions as gospel truth.

Unbelievable Jeff.