Paul Heckingbottom

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Heckingbottoms Nonsense Mistakes

Post by 1964white »

Clive wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:02 pm What about the 6 games before?

Can you see us winning 5 and drawing 1 out of 6 under Heckingbottom?
We lost our way long before Hecky arrived & no I don't know where our next win is coming from as I didn't under TC when we got in a rut twice under him :duno:
It's not the coaches, it's our useless squad built by Orta that is the problem
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Clive wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:52 pm Why do people keep saying stuff like this?

Why weren't you saying that when TC was here?

It was the same when Grayson was here, we were a complete shambles and everyone was saying we had to stick with him because no one else would come.

Then Warnock came! Warnock who had just won the league! Warnock who got two other teams out of this league. Warnock who is looking like getting another team out of this league.

And what happened? Everyone ran him down and hounded him out!

Freaky Brian came, was a total disaster and everyone lapped him up, protested his sacking, and then when he came back and things got even worse you'd hear the same things of having to stick with him because no one else would come.

Our fans get what they deserve.

If you don't ask for a top manager, and support them when they're here, and talk up useless ones, then you're gonna get useless ones and we're gonna struggle.

You're never gonna get the perfect manager, but the likes of Grayson, McDermott, Redfearn and Heckingbottom just cause total chaos because they have egos they can't back up.
And who employs these below par managers ?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:32 pm The players need to take a long hard look at themselves as well. They're footballers. They should be able to tackle, dribble, shoot, cross etc etc. Last night it looked as though they had forgotten everything they'd ever learned in growing up. I know we talk about people in various positions, but they shouldn't have to be told how to do the basic stuff. Was it Matt Busby who used to tell his players to "just go oot and play fitbal" ( he was a Scot)
We're thinking alike Swan

Orta is ultimately to blame as he signed players who are clearly not good enough
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:08 pm We lost our way long before Hecky arrived & no I don't know where our next win is coming from as I didn't under TC when we got in a rut twice under him :duno:
It's not the coaches, it's our useless squad built by Orta that is the problem
But we bounced back after our first bad run and put another good run together.

Heckingbottom has only won 7 games in this league all season.

If it's not the coaches who are the problem then why did you want Christiansen out?

It's not a useless squad. We were a point behind Middlesbrough when TC was sacked, they still have players who got them up, plus £50m worth of signings.

If Orta gets hounded out and we keep Heckingbottom, do you honestly think we'll be promotion contenders?

If the fans demand a top manager and they don't want to work with Orta then Orta would have to go anyway. If they just demand Orta goes then things could get worse.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:11 pm And who employs these below par managers ?
The owner. You can hound the owner out if you like, but that's happened before and we've got one just has bad.

Why not try demanding that the owner employs a top manager or you won't renew your season ticket?

You can't complain about an owner employing rubbish managers if you lap them up.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Clive wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:52 pm Why do people keep saying stuff like this?

Why weren't you saying that when TC was here?

It was the same when Grayson was here, we were a complete shambles and everyone was saying we had to stick with him because no one else would come.

Then Warnock came! Warnock who had just won the league! Warnock who got two other teams out of this league. Warnock who is looking like getting another team out of this league.

And what happened? Everyone ran him down and hounded him out!

Freaky Brian came, was a total disaster and everyone lapped him up, protested his sacking, and then when he came back and things got even worse you'd hear the same things of having to stick with him because no one else would come.

Our fans get what they deserve.

If you don't ask for a top manager, and support them when they're here, and talk up useless ones, then you're gonna get useless ones and we're gonna struggle.

You're never gonna get the perfect manager, but the likes of Grayson, McDermott, Redfearn and Heckingbottom just cause total chaos because they have egos they can't back up.

We weren't a shambles with Grayson. He wasn't perfect but then no-one is.

Don't get me started on that ba***rd Warnock. He was the twat who sold Becchio to replace him with the "legend" Morison :evil:

If our fans get what they deserve then we should have a top notch manager. The fans are the one constant with this club.

:bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Clive wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:19 pm But we bounced back after our first bad run and put another good run together

We sneaked a few results during December not playing well before coming unstuck at bottom club Birmingham where we couldn't create one decent effort on goal
Clive wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:19 pm If it's not the coaches who are the problem then why did you want Christiansen out?
I was hoping for a more high profile coach, unfortunately due to the DOF employed we are limited to whom we can employ. Do you think Bruce, Hughes, Pulis, Big Sam would want the Leeds job ?
The answer is no as they are their own man, not a owners puppet
Clive wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:19 pm It's not a useless squad. We were a point behind Middlesbrough when TC was sacked, they still have players who got them up, plus £50m worth of signings
Boro have moved into the top six now with Pulis in charge, one of those managers who wouldn't work under our current regime. Boro have a far better squad than we have at ER, they have a 12 goal striker sitting on their bench
Clive wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:19 pm If Orta gets hounded out and we keep Heckingbottom, do you honestly think we'll be promotion contenders?
I really fear for us next season if truth be known
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

becchio bear wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:28 pm We weren't a shambles with Grayson. He wasn't perfect but then no-one is.

Don't get me started on that ba***rd Warnock. He was the twat who sold Becchio to replace him with the "legend" Morison :evil:

If our fans get what they deserve then we should have a top notch manager. The fans are the one constant with this club.

This is what I mean.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

becchio bear wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:28 pm We weren't a shambles with Grayson. He wasn't perfect but then no-one is.

This is what I mean.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Clive wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:23 pm The owner. You can hound the owner out if you like, but that's happened before and we've got one just has bad

Why not try demanding that the owner employs a top manager or you won't renew your season ticket?

You can't complain about an owner employing rubbish managers if you lap them up.
We've had one bad owner after another. I never fell for Radz & all the adulation our fanbase gave him from day one

No chance of me ceasing watching Leeds, I've endured the last 15 years of rubbish & supported my team since 1964 so I'm not going to stop now.

Unlike the newbies that have filled the East Stand & disappeared out of the ground with 20 minutes to go us hardened fans who are use to losing stick it out to the bitter end, it's called proper support

See you at Reading....or maybe not :lol:
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:34 pm
I was hoping for a more high profile coach, unfortunately due to the DOF employed we are limited to whom we can employ. Do you think Bruce, Hughes, Pulis, Big Sam would want the Leeds job ?
The answer is no as they are their own man, not a owners puppet

Boro have moved into the top six now with Pulis in charge, one of those managers who wouldn't work under our current regime. Boro have a far better squad than we have at ER, they have 12 goals striker sitting on their bench.
You didn't complain when Heckingbottom came, though. You were on here defending him and talking him up, and of course you weren't the only one.

Why can everyone protest about a badge but not a rubbish manager?

As I said, if the fans demand a top manager then the owner has to provide the right conditions for them to work in.

Heckingbottom is so bad that they're wishing for the guy Boro got rid of.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Clive wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:03 pm You didn't complain when Heckingbottom came, though. You were on here defending him and talking him up, and of course you weren't the only one
He had just walked through the door & I was prepared to give him a chance, yes it's looking a poor appointment but until we employ a top manager there's not a lot you or I can do to change things
Clive wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:03 pm Why can everyone protest about a badge but not a rubbish manager
I have little interest in the badge, the whole scenario was to deflect the lack of quality activity in the transfer window. I'm more concerned what we have on the pitch
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:50 pm We've had one bad owner after another. I never fell for Radz & all the adulation our fanbase gave him from day one

No chance of me ceasing watching Leeds, I've endured the last 15 years of rubbish & supported my team since 1964 so I'm not going to stop now.

Unlike the newbies that have filled the East Stand & disappeared out of the ground with 20 minutes to go us hardened fans who are use to losing stick it out to the bitter end, it's called proper support

See you at Reading....or maybe not :lol:
It's not proper support at all.

It's called being a mug.

You don't like the owner, you don't like the players, you don't like the manager, so what are you supporting exactly?

This owner even wanted us to have a stupid badge!

So all you're supporting really is a name. All these owners are doing is buying a name and using that to make money out of fans like you who will support that name no matter what.

I grew up supporting a club with an identity, there were good times and there were bad times, but there was an identity, a sense of purporse, a desire to progress.

The fans need to call for that identity, to call for progress, not just turn up for the sake of it and make excuses for knobhead from Barnsley who couldn't manage his way out of a paper bag.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:13 pm He had just walked through the door & I was prepared to give him a chance, yes it's looking a poor appointment but until we employ a top manager there's not a lot you or I can do to change things

I have little interest in the badge, the whole scenario was to deflect the lack of quality activity in the transfer window. I'm more concerned what we have on the pitch
Protest!

Go mad!

Demand a top manager!

I've seen this forum quoted in the i newspaper.

Be a strong voice against Heckingbottom and for a higher standard of manager and it will get noticed.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

radebe88 wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:11 pm Considering new managers usually have a honeymoon period this is even more poor than it looks. More importantly we look worse as a team with less bottle and no plan
I wouldn't have minded us losing all the matches if there was a sign of improvement a sign of any plans starting to work or of the players looking like they were about to turn a corner.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Clive wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:35 pm This is what I mean.
What do you mean "This is what I mean"? :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:13 pm He had just walked through the door & I was prepared to give him a chance, yes it's looking a poor appointment but until we employ a top manager there's not a lot you or I can do to change things

Suggested this as a conspiracy theory not long after.

With Radz and his deflective tactics it doesnt look so far fetched now :(
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Heckingbottom Out!

Post by Clive »

gessa wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:07 am Tbf Clive I don't see anyone defending him, most said they didn't want him here but he is here and will wait and see if he can deliver, give him a chance.
It takes a strong character to get protests and the like going. I reckon you're the man for it.
Why does he deserve a chance?

Does anyone deserve a chance to manage Leeds?

If I started a petition to get Heckingbottom sacked would you sign it, or not sign it because he hasn't had a chance?
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Clive wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:57 pm And yet you'll put up with this clueless arsehole
This language is shocking and offensive but 100% right!!!
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

becchio bear wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:29 pm What do you mean "This is what I mean"? :bear:
You talked Grayson up and ran down Warnock.