Three things we learned from the Wolves game

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Three things we learned from the Wolves game

Post by 1964white »

1) Peacock-Farrell is our most competent keeper

2) Anita, Phillips, Sacko should never play for Leeds again

3) We are a million-miles behind the top teams in the championship
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Re: Three things we learned from the Wolves game

Post by Richard »

I don't mind Phillips, I think he is trying to cover too much ground, Saiz, Hernandez, Lasogga all seemed intent on giving away possession and it left Forshaw and Phillips with to much to watch and cover. The 4th thing we learned was it wasn't TC's fault, no coach in the world would manage to get this lot top 6
hector

Post by hector »

1. It is still good to turn the stream off at half time...

2. My score predictions are getting better

3. I am still in last man standing.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Richard wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:35 pm I don't mind Phillips, I think he is trying to cover too much ground, Saiz, Hernandez, Lasogga all seemed intent on giving away possession and it left Forshaw and Phillips with to much to watch and cover. The 4th thing we learned was it wasn't TC's fault, no coach in the world would manage to get this lot top 6
I’ve know Kalvin since he was about 14 so watched him, play and develop and I’ve probably been his biggest supporter on here, but especially the first half lastnight he was none existent, he got more involved when Pablo came on, which goes somewhere to agreeing with what you said Richard, our Centre Forward doesn’t even challenge for the ball, let alone retain it so the ball keeps coming back, so our midfield gets over run and their forwards and midfielders are onto our back four. Kalvin needs to learn from Forshaw about positioning and calmness but currently I think he needs time away from the first team to get his confidence back
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ratscoot wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:58 pm I’ve know Kalvin since he was about 14 so watched him, play and develop and I’ve probably been his biggest supporter on here, but especially the first half lastnight he was none existent, he got more involved when Pablo came on, which goes somewhere to agreeing with what you said Richard, our Centre Forward doesn’t even challenge for the ball, let alone retain it so the ball keeps coming back, so our midfield gets over run and their forwards and midfielders are onto our back four. Kalvin needs to learn from Forshaw about positioning and calmness but currently I think he needs time away from the first team to get his confidence back
Shame as he was on fire at the start of the season

You maybe right about resting him for a while.

I could be wrong but I just don't think he is consistent enough as a first-team player
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1 - Way too early to make any call on BPF, he stank at division 6/7 York

2 - Anita isn't a left back, though we learned that months ago, Heck just catching up

3 - Start your best players
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:32 pm 1) Peacock-Farrell is our most competent keeper

2) Anita, Phillips, Sacko should never play for Leeds again

3) We are a million-miles behind the top teams in the championship
1) I think it is too early to judge BPF as FW and AL have both looked okay at times before being awful for the rest of the time. BPF would be my choice for the next match though and barring having an absolute horror show would hope to see him get a run now till the end of the season.

2) Harsh on Anita as he is constantly being played out of position despite not looking good at left back. He must despair every time he sees he is in the team and then sees he is playing left back. Phillips has shown at times what he is capable of but looks completely shot confidence wise and seems lost as to what he is meant to be doing - is that the manager's fault rather than his? Sacko just doesn't show any signs of improvement.

3) We are a million miles behind Wolves but we have shown we aren't a million miles away from the rest - however we are getting worse every match. 2 or key signings would have us back in the mix next season, and a new manager.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:50 pm 1) I think it is too early to judge BPF as FW and AL have both looked okay at times before being awful for the rest of the time. BPF would be my choice for the next match though and barring having an absolute horror show would hope to see him get a run now till the end of the season.

2) Harsh on Anita as he is constantly being played out of position despite not looking good at left back. He must despair every time he sees he is in the team and then sees he is playing left back. Phillips has shown at times what he is capable of but looks completely shot confidence wise and seems lost as to what he is meant to be doing - is that the manager's fault rather than his? Sacko just doesn't show any signs of improvement.

3) We are a million miles behind Wolves but we have shown we aren't a million miles away from the rest - however we are getting worse every match. 2 or key signings would have us back in the mix next season, and a new manager.
Newcastle probably released Anita on a free because of inadequacies to nail down a position. He certainly isn't a full-back, often caught out of position & ball-watching, he's physique suggest he could be another O'Kane in midfield where he could be knocked off the ball too easily

As for the distance between us, the top six are far out of reach in every aspect of being a proper footballing side, they all have real quality, pace, movement, passing skills, the ability to defend & goals in their locker. Every team above us are also physically bigger & stronger than our predictable weak small unit.

We are now where we deserve to be in this league