Bailey Peacock-Farrell

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Bailey Peacock-Farrell

Post by 1964white »

Received a standing ovation from the kop at the half-time whistle deflecting the booing from the rest of the ground

Excellent 2nd match, could have been a rugby score at half-time had it not been for our young keeper
1964white

Re: Bailey Peacock-Farrell

Post by 1964white »

Peacock-Farrell speaking about last night's game: "It was a bitter-sweet one. I had things to do but in an ideal world I'd have nothing to do and we win. We want to win games." #

Peacock-Farrell said he knew a day in advance that he was playing. "You don't get rotated that often and you almost have to wait for something bad to happen to get a chance. You've got to wait your turn and be patient.

BPF on whether he'll keep his place: "I'm not sure. We'll do our tactical work tomorrow and I'll find out then.

BPF: "I want to play the rest of the games but Felix wants to play the rest of the games. Lonners is back and wants to play the rest of the games. It's the manager's call.

BPF admitted he'd stagnated at points during the two years between his first Leeds appearance and his second last night but aims to be regular number one here one day. Said he's benefitted from Heckingbottom having words with him.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Couple of nice saves but not really tested on handling crosses. Gets a hand to the third goal and it's a sending off for deliberate handball. Dodgy positioning at times but quick make up his mind and act. Don't think there's as Championship quality keeper there yet, very raw and technically a ways away but until he starts to make mistakes he's worth starting
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

faaip wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:19 pm Couple of nice saves but not really tested on handling crosses. Gets a hand to the third goal and it's a sending off for deliberate handball. Dodgy positioning at times but quick make up his mind and act. Don't think there's as Championship quality keeper there yet, very raw and technically a ways away but until he starts to make mistakes he's worth starting
Agree, he’ll only learn by playing competitive games, we’ve nothing to play for so give him a couple more run outs before the end of the season
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

He looked an okay inexperienced keeper who saved shots that you would expect a keeper to save. He was at fault for the third and if he had managed to touch the ball outside the area would have received a red card. I feel he is better than our other two but that isn't hard, I feel we still need a better keeper for next season. I'd play him for the remainder and see what the experience does for him, my bet is he will be an average keeper better than what we have but will leave at the end of the season.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

He put in a shift....that's all we ask of our players.....others should question themselves.
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

gets my nod over the other two :tup:
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Did alright, the saves were ok but not ones that should be beating him either at this level.

At fault for the 3rd, naive id say but could have been costly, he could have been sent off.

Makes up his mind quickly which is good.

Not really tested at crosses, shouldnt be a number 1 clearly isnt that level yet, but on balance he did better then the other pair recently, although Felix has made some better saves tbf.

Deserves another chance.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Ideal opportunity now for him to play the rest of the season and show whether he is good enough and why he was highly rated at one point. Likely got awarded a decent contract on the back of his appearance v QPR so question marks might be over whether having a decent wage affected him in a way and he just got used to not playing and as such stagnated.

At this point FW isn't the answer for next season and Lonerghan clearly isn't the answer either.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

radebe88 wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:24 am Average saves made to look better because he is a young lad that we all want to do well. Terrible for the 3rd. If Weidwald has the exact same performance we would be calling for his head again
They were good saves, but Wiedwald and Lonergan have made several better ones. I could have made those saves and I'm no good as an 11 a side keeper.

As well as the third goal he was rooted to his line all night and never came for anything.

There was no clean sheet, we lost 3-0, but everyone can say it's okay because we've been poor anyway and we were playing top of the league.

If he plays for the rest of the season he'll probably cause more problems overall than Wiedwald, it's just that he will have support and not scrutiny.

It's just like if Christiansen was still here getting these results, he'd be getting slaughtered by everyone, he'd be called the worst manager we've ever had, there'd be none of the excuses Heckingbottom is getting.

We've seen it all before, the way these no mark managers lower standards.

Monk was allowed to have a bad run that ultimately saw us miss out on the play-offs. Christiansen wasn't allowed a bad run and now we've ended up with a chaotic mess that sees many people in positions they shouldn't be in.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Selective memory from a lot of fans now in terms of forgetting the dreadful end of season under Monk and how TC had initially to turn that around - despite having a weaker first team (and don't forget Saiz wasn't fit for the opening matches and PJ was still banned and then Pennington got injured too leaving us with a defence of Cooper and Shaugnessy). Yet despite that he got the team to keep clean sheets in 6 of the opening 7 league matches.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

I’m really not sure about this move. Yes the pressure was on Felix and he has made some poor errors but to throw your 21 year old keeper with one previous appearance into that situation is not good management in my opinion. He did ok, made some decent saves, some nice dives for TV but did he make any less mistakes than Felix has been making?

Yes, the defence haven’t looked confident with Felix behind them but are they any more likely to me confident with a 21 year old behind them? Defensively I thought Wednesday was one of our worst performances of the season. We look like we are going backwards.

Of course the biggest mistake was deciding that a Championhip football team didn’t need an experienced English goalkeeper who had played himself into form the previous season but a keeper who was more confident with the ball at his feet. Orta more culpable than TC or PH in any of this.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Shields53 wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:32 pm I’m really not sure about this move. Yes the pressure was on Felix and he has made some poor errors but to throw your 21 year old keeper with one previous appearance into that situation is not good management in my opinion. He did ok, made some decent saves, some nice dives for TV but did he make any less mistakes than Felix has been making?

Yes, the defence haven’t looked confident with Felix behind them but are they any more likely to me confident with a 21 year old behind them? Defensively I thought Wednesday was one of our worst performances of the season. We look like we are going backwards.

Of course the biggest mistake was deciding that a Championhip football team didn’t need an experienced English goalkeeper who had played himself into form the previous season but a keeper who was more confident with the ball at his feet. Orta more culpable than TC or PH in any of this.
I believe this point will be irrelevant for the coming season. Why? Because it simply isn`t allowed to be a point worth mentioning.
That is: a new proven keeper is a MUST` for the coming campaign. If the keeper is one of the maybe 3 or 4 most vital playing positions, then it`s obvious that we need a new keeper. (Stockdale from Birmingham if they go down?)
The question remains if Lonergan or Farell (another foreign keeper is somewhere around I believe...) are good enough for the 2nd keeper. We can`t risk the Nr. 1 to get injured and then to rely on keepers not good enough (Lonergan) or too young...if also too bad only time will tell, much to learn anyway (Farell).
IF we shouldn`t make major changes, that is improvements in regard to the quality of our keepers, then we might as well forget promotion...a tall task with all the money some clubs have or get anyway. (Not following Radz moaning, just stating the obvious.)
If I had to choose between getting some quality players in or a new coach, then the answer would be all the way: quality players.
I can`t say if the Heck is the right man...some hate him (as many hated Monk). Could surprise a few if we`ve got an adequate squad to compete with, or he could disappoint a few...can`t imagine him being sacked though. Think we will start the next season with him at the helm. Like it or not.
Last edited by fred on Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

radebe88 wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:25 pm Saw your post about hay and pope getting screenshotted and slaughtered on Twitter earlier and although I disagreed with what you said there. I agree 100% on this
You think Hay and Pope are okay?

Do you not think it's suspicious how they run down the better managers and talk up the worst ones?
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

radebe88 wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:30 pm No not at all. I actually think they are quite fair and often seem equally upset at how things are going and do well to seem professional
Well we disagree on that one then.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

Shields53 wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:32 pm I’m really not sure about this move. Yes the pressure was on Felix and he has made some poor errors but to throw your 21 year old keeper with one previous appearance into that situation is not good management in my opinion. He did ok, made some decent saves, some nice dives for TV but did he make any less mistakes than Felix has been making?

This is my point about Hay and Pope. The local media should have the best interests of Leeds at heart. Instead of pointing out that other keepers have made mistakes and Wiedwald is really not that bad in the context of the Championship, they run him down and put pressure on Heckingbottom to play a young keeper who York City didn't think was good enough. Heckingbottom, being weak, bowed to that pressure.

It was in the club's best interests to support Felix, the local media were just looking to cause chaos and create a story.

They've got all the excuses in the world for Heckingbottom, they're not asking if a coach from the academy is good enough to replace him. What's the difference?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Peacock-Farrell kept a clean sheet the other night on his Northern Ireland under 21's during his debut against Iceland.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

1964white wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:37 am Peacock-Farrell kept a clean sheet the other night on his Northern Ireland under 21's during his debut against Iceland.
That implies at least that he didn`t make any decisive errors. Any shots on his goal to save?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Did really well yesterday.

Made one save from a header that was top class.

But when your goalkeeper is one of the best players vs the team 2nd from bottom thats a problem.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:49 pm Did really well yesterday.

Made one save from a header that was top class.

But when your goalkeeper is one of the best players vs the team 2nd from bottom thats a problem.
Aye....but we have a big defender injury list Cjay, and you said yourself yesterday that Sunderland will have been well up for it as they're fighting for their Championship lives. So pleased that our young goalie seems to be coming on nicely. Oh, and I watched the highlights of the game this morning and I have to say that your comments during the game yesterday were spot on....I knew what was coming next! :)