Players to go.......

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Players to go.......

Post by 1964white »

Andy Lonergan
Felix Wiedwald
Matthew Pennington
Liam Cooper
Vurnon Anita
Laurens De Bock
Conor Shaughnessy
Ezgjan Alioski
Eunan O'Kane
Kalvin Phillips
Hadi Sacko
Madger Gomes
Kemar Roofe
Pierre-Michel Lasogga
Jay-Roy Grot
Paweł Cibicki
Caleb Ekuban
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Players to go.......

Post by HarryofOz »

No point if the replacements are no better, and certainly no point if they are worse.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

HarryofOz wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:09 am No point if the replacements are no better, and certainly no point if they are worse.
Well said Harry and therein lies the problem. I have no confidence in any of the existing management team, including Radz, Orta, PH , the lot of them, moulding a team capable of winning promotion.

The only decent player Orta found was Saiz, so much for he's world renowed scouting network ! Forshaw was on the radar for many clubs, so I dont count him. Rest are as average as you can get, hence why we lie in mid table.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Gurj wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:15 am Well said Harry and therein lies the problem. I have no confidence in any of the existing management team, including Radz, Orta, PH , the lot of them, moulding a team capable of winning promotion.

The only decent player Orta found was Saiz, so much for he's world renowed scouting network ! Forshaw was on the radar for many clubs, so I dont count him. Rest are as average as you can get, hence why we lie in mid table.
Even Saiz is having a poor second half of the season, relative to his first. I still reckon we have some pretty good players who should be able to compete at this level. However the two key positions, goal keeper and goal scorer and where we are weakest. I reckon the simple retention of Green and Wood would have made a big difference to our season.

But generally we have made too many changes to our squad each season, virtually rebuilding the squad every summer.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

HarryofOz wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:09 am No point if the replacements are no better, and certainly no point if they are worse.
Sorry Harry I'm fed up of seeing these fake footballers in the white shirt of Leeds, they are no better than League One standard although if we retain this soft-bellied bunch, League One is where we'll be playing our football come the 2019/20 season.

Just watching players amble around as if it doesn't matter is galling for us fans who put their hard-earned cash into the club. When Phillips is laughing after making a series of errors says it all what I think about these players. If I was managing someone like KP I would enjoy wiping that silly grin off his face.

Little boy lost Anita, the toffee from Everton, Captain Chaos, Sack of spuds, Ekk I can't score goals should be nowhere near a Leeds first XI, unfortunately we are lumbered with them & the rest.

This squad of players is as bad as any previous bunch since were were relegated from the prem.
We had a much better team in League One !

As I've mentioned on other threads Radz & Orta are to blame for the shambles what is Leeds United
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

I would Saiz's lack for form is down to the fact that he has lost total match fitness during that shameful suspension period. Missing almost 2 months of football is going to have an effect and it's clear he is not as sharp as he was prior to the ban.

Simple fact is when we lose our best players we dont replace them with adequate replacements. Cook, Taylor, Bartley, Green and Wood being prime examples !

Radz/Orta policy is to scour the market for hidden gems and yes they found Siaz, but it will be one in a dozen at best success rate and thats showing now with likes of Cibicki, Grot, Klich, Alioski, Ekuban - not one of them is anywhere near good enough to get us promoted ! Not even close
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:29 am Sorry Harry I'm fed up of seeing these fake footballers in the white shirt of Leeds, they are no better than League One standard although if we retain this soft-bellied bunch, League One is where we'll be playing our football come the 2019/20 season.

Just watching players amble around as if it doesn't matter is galling for us fans who put their hard-earned cash into the club. When Phillips is laughing after making a series of errors says it all what I think about these players. If I was managing someone like KP I would enjoy wiping that silly grin off his face.

Little boy lost Anita, the toffee from Everton, Captain Chaos, Sack of spuds, Ekk I can't score goals should be nowhere near a Leeds first XI, unfortunately we are lumbered with them & the rest.

This squad of players is as bad as any previous bunch since were were relegated from the prem.
We had a much better team in League One !

As I've mentioned on other threads Radz & Orta are to blame for the shambles what is Leeds United
I understand your frustration, but based on recent history, your frustration with this group of players, will be replaced by frustration with the next group.

Sometimes all it takes is the addition of a few key, quality players and that makes a big difference to the players around them.

The Leeds squad that got relegated from the Premier League in 2004 included the likes of Kelly, Harte, Matteo, Radebe, Bakke, Smith and Viduka who all played a part in our successes just a few seasons before that. The difference was the players around them were simply not good enough - plus a couple may have been showing their age.

So you add some real quality in key positions to our current squad and all of a sudden some of the other players start to look a little bit better.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Gurj wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:31 am Simple fact is when we lose our best players we dont replace them with adequate replacements. Cook, Taylor, Bartley, Green and Wood being prime examples.
Absolutely spot on.
gessa

Post by gessa »

I believe Saiz form as dropped for 2 reasons, firstly other managers have done their homework and know he's the main danger and they double up on him, frustrate him. Secondly he has no outlet, if Hernandez or Alioski don't play there is no one else on the same wavelength. Unfortunately Alioski has no end product.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

HarryofOz wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:25 am Even Saiz is having a poor second half of the season, relative to his first. I still reckon we have some pretty good players who should be able to compete at this level. However the two key positions, goal keeper and goal scorer and where we are weakest. I reckon the simple retention of Green and Wood would have made a big difference to our season.

But generally we have made too many changes to our squad each season, virtually rebuilding the squad every summer.
If Radz had any nous he should have seen we were three players away from a challenging promotion side last season

Had he stuck with Monk, did his utmost to retain Wood, Taylor, Bartley, Green, even Doukara (whom put in a right shift in for Leeds last season) then brought in three quality players we were lacking we'd probably be in the top six now.
No such luck Radz allowed top hard-working players to leave & replaced them with nobodies using a scattergun approach which clearly hasn't worked, now we are paying for their inept business procedures
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:39 am I believe Saiz form as dropped for 2 reasons, firstly other managers have done their homework and know he's the main danger and they double up on him, frustrate him. Secondly he has no outlet, if Hernandez or Alioski don't play there is no one else on the same wavelength. Unfortunately Alioski has no end product.
Spot on mate :tup:
gessa

Post by gessa »

Gurj wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:31 am

Simple fact is when we lose our best players we dont replace them with adequate replacements. Cook, Taylor, Bartley, Green and Wood being prime examples !

Was thinking this watching the game last night, if we could have kept the quality players what we had over the last 3/4 seasons, with the right manager, it would be us playing teams off the park.

Last season you looked at the squad and thought 2 or 3 decent additions and we could give it a go , as it stands we lost 4 and only added 1 of note. We are in a worse place now as we probably need 6/7 and that's if the better ones stay.
Rex deWolf
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Rex deWolf »

Getting rid of 18 players will never happen. I think some of these have life left in the yet and have even been star players on a few occasions. At least one new GK and 2 strikers needed, but agree with a previous contributor that Orta has not delivered. His role in buying many of these players needs to be challenged. As for PH, 5 points from 18 is not good enough, I'd bet the previous manager whose hands were tied by the players made available to him by Orta, would have done at least as well.

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk

HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:43 am If Radz had any nous he should have seen we were three players away from a challenging promotion side last season

Had he stuck with Monk, did his utmost to retain Wood, Taylor, Bartley, Green, even Doukara (whom put in a right shift in for Leeds last season) then brought in three quality players we were lacking we'd probably be in the top six now.
No such luck Radz allowed top hard-working players to leave & replaced them with nobodies using a scattergun approach which clearly hasn't worked, no we are paying for their inept business procedures
Couldn't agree more.
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:08 am Andy Lonergan
Felix Wiedwald
Matthew Pennington
Liam Cooper
Vurnon Anita
Laurens De Bock
Conor Shaughnessy
Ezgjan Alioski
Eunan O'Kane
Kalvin Phillips
Hadi Sacko
Madger Gomes
Kemar Roofe
Pierre-Michel Lasogga
Jay-Roy Grot
Paweł Cibicki
Caleb Ekuban
I'd keep Alioski as if we were to get better players in it would help his, I think there is a player in him, just needs nurturing. Gomes hasn't had a chance need to see him play first.

Of the others I'd keep Cooper and Roofe as squad players. The rest could go for me but whod have them.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

gessa wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:48 am Was thinking this watching the game last night, if we could have kept the quality players what we had over the last 3/4 seasons, with the right manager, it would be us playing teams off the park.

Last season you looked at the squad and thought 2 or 3 decent additions and we could give it a go , as it stands we lost 4 and only added 1 of note. We are in a worse place now as we probably need 6/7 and that's if the better ones stay.
Agreed, though 3/4 will do rather than 6/7, a goal keeper and a striker are absolute priorities.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:48 am Was thinking this watching the game last night, if we could have kept the quality players what we had over the last 3/4 seasons, with the right manager, it would be us playing teams off the park.

Yes mate lose Jansson, Hernandez & Saiz we are looking at ten replacements

We've looked like a relegation club for much of this season, I kept saying I was unconvinced with our form even when we were sneaking wins during December. The lack of character & poor attitude from our players was there to be seen at Birmingham & Newport & was a recipe of what was to come in 2018

I really fear for my club next season as right now I have no confidence in our management from top to bottom
Rex deWolf
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Rex deWolf »

gessa wrote: I'd keep Alioski as if we were to get better players in it would help his, I think there is a player in him, just needs nurturing. Gomes hasn't had a chance need to see him play first.

Of the others I'd keep Cooper and Roofe as squad players. The rest could go for me but whod have them.
I'd go with that. Also keep Shaunessy

gessa

Post by gessa »

HarryofOz wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:56 am Agreed, though 3/4 will do rather than 6/7, a goal keeper and a striker are absolute priorities.
Your right Harry, keeper, striker, someone to play along side Forshaw and a CB would make a big difference, add a full back and wide player and we'd be there but obviously if they are all of quality, getting 4-6 new players in and they all work is a tough ask but it's what's needed. Perhaps just getting the 4 may improve the form of the one's with potential.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Rex deWolf wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:58 am I'd go with that. Also keep Shaunessy

I did hum and at over Shaughnessy as he as time in his favour