Leeds v Wolves - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds v Wolves - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by Norm »

It seems PH hasn't yet got the Alioski/Saiz connection and doesn’t see the need for a DM, unless this is his experimenting since we’re obviously going nowhere at the end of this season.
That could mean we do lose Saiz and Alioski as we clog our way to hoofball - what a sodding disaster. Weasel is quite right – the management have destroyed everything TC was trying to build throughout the club, apparently without a care – probably unaware of the reasons for supporting it and the magnitude of the consequences for not doing so.
They obviously don’t see their own cognitive dissonance in wanting a top 6 team but being unwilling to fund it. If TC had had a full squad I think he would have done better.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

Norm wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:23 am It seems PH hasn't yet got the Alioski/Saiz connection and doesn’t see the need for a DM, unless this is his experimenting since we’re obviously going nowhere at the end of this season.
That could mean we do lose Saiz and Alioski as we clog our way to hoofball - what a sodding disaster. Weasel is quite right – the management have destroyed everything TC was trying to build throughout the club, apparently without a care – probably unaware of the reasons for supporting it and the magnitude of the consequences for not doing so.
They obviously don’t see their own cognitive dissonance in wanting a top 6 team but being unwilling to fund it. If TC had had a full squad I think he would have done better.
The badge was a sign of things to come. It showed he has no respect for the traditions of the club and that he sees us all as fist pumping morons. In the same way he's ditched the sophisticated foreigner for a Yorkshireman called Heckingbottom at the first sign of trouble. If you've got a plan, at least see it through. Now we're in a right mess. It's just like when Redfearn took over the Italians and dropped them and turned everybody against them.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Can't disagree with much there Clive. I did think Radz had more savvy than he now appears to have - his naivete is astounding for such a sophisticated businessman in other facets of his life. I don't think he has good advisers for on-field matters.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Looks like it was another disappointing performance.

On the plus side we have a little run coming up against teams that are below us in the table. Hopefully we're in for some morale boosting wins.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

BPF (despite his naivety) and Pablo when he came on the only players coming out of that display with any credit. PH hasn't a clue and should be run out of town immediately. As I said on another thread, AR hasn't a clue about football and until he gets a team in place to advise on football matters (not Orta, he's loyal only to himself), this pantomime will continue season after season. I feel sorry for the loyal fanbase who turn up to see that crap week in, week out, they deserve better. Season over. Again
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
gessa

Post by gessa »

lufc1304 wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:16 am PH hasn't a clue

The look on his face last night and on Friday was of a man devoid of ideas. People use the term "Rabbit in the headlights " and that sums it up. Radz and co have made an almighty blunder and only they can correct it.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:12 am The look on his face last night and on Friday was of a man devoid of ideas. People use the term "Rabbit in the headlights " and that sums it up. Radz and co have made an almighty blunder and only they can correct it.
I ask the question ?

What does he do with this bunch of useless articles

First Christiansen lost it now Hecky is experiencing the same problems as his predecessor

How do you improve so called footballers who lack skills, pace, vision & are probably League One quality apart from a select few ?

Personally I wouldn't know where to start :duno:
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Cjay wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:57 pm Andrea Radrizzani

✔@andrearadri

We have our own problems but we should play in a fair competition. Not legal and fair let one team owned by a fund whom has shares in the biggest players agency with evident benefits (top European clubs giving players with options to buy ..why the other 23 teams can’t have same

9:35 PM - Mar 7, 2018

Lord in heaven whether he has a point or not ffs shut up.
Its always been the way , Radz has to realise that . The only competition I know of that tries to play level playing field is American football with the college system , where poorer clubs get first choice of up and coming players . Not going to happen in our football , the richer will always cherry pick . Radz has to live with it or gamble and put money where mouth is ...and while we are at it , hire a manager of the calibre needed , not a relegation manager . This is Hockaday M2 we have now .
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

fred wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:44 pm Agree, and I`m comming to the conclusion that he will never be more than an average Championship midfielder at best.
Well either singles or as a pair - neither up to much - crap and crapper ( OFK being the latter one of course ) . Philips has to go elsewhere realistically like Mowatt to pursue any meaningful career . Leeds won't do him or the club any good .
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:44 am I ask the question ?

What does he do with this bunch of useless articles

First Christiansen lost it now Hecky is experiencing the same problems as his predecessor

How do you improve so called footballers who lack skills, pace, vision & are probably League One quality apart from a select few ?

Personally I wouldn't know where to start :duno:
The thing is that the whole team now looks to have no idea of what they are meant to be trying to do. Take Phillips as an example and early on in the season TC had him as our midfielder getting into the box and trying to score. First few games and Phillips was playing well and scoring goals. Phillips knew what he was meant to be doing, was sticking to the plan and playing well.

It is very easy for fans to say 'he is a midfielder, get the ball, pass it etc' but football isn't as easy as that, certainly not to be a good player or team. You need formations, systems, tactics and players playing in positions and knowing where they are meant to be, where their team mates will be, what your team mate is meant to be doing etc. Like with Ayling, many would look and say he is out of position but it was all part of a plan to get him into areas which make it hard for him to be picked up but also causes confusion for the opposition and in turn can create more space and time for team mates. The better teams have plans everywhere, mini games within the game to try to create space. What we have now is a team devoid of ideas and it showed last night as we huffed and puffed but had no imagination, no ideas of what to do when we had the ball because we weren't playing as a team for each other, we had no real plans, nobody making a run and getting the pass that had been worked on in training.

We simply have a coach who is to some degree a Garry Monk version 2 telling the to lump it into areas and try to win the second ball in a dangerous area and that is not good enough. For a long time it worked last season but that was because we were strong at the back, had a keeper making crucial saves and we were clinical when we had the chances.

Things may have stopped working under TC as the player's limitations were exposed but given time and bringing in 2 or 3 better players and we could have had something beautiful - a team playing easy on the eye football and winning matches by outplaying the opposition and not simply because we scored our chance and they missed theirs.

Whether or not TC was the manager who could have achieved this we don't know but I would have loved to have seen him be properly backed and be given a chance with a team of players he wanted because when he, oh so briefly, got it right it gave me the sort of hope about this club of ours that I have not had since the midpoint of our League 1 promotion season - then we had a defensively resolute team under SG playing some great football and looking certainties for promotion as champions, a team that made me believe we could go to Old Trafford in the cup and actually win, sadly like with all things Leeds the brief euphoria and hope was snuffed out in the blink of an eye.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:30 pm The thing is that the whole team now looks to have no idea of what they are meant to be trying to do. Take Phillips as an example and early on in the season TC had him as our midfielder getting into the box and trying to score. First few games and Phillips was playing well and scoring goals. Phillips knew what he was meant to be doing, was sticking to the plan and playing well.

It is very easy for fans to say 'he is a midfielder, get the ball, pass it etc' but football isn't as easy as that, certainly not to be a good player or team. You need formations, systems, tactics and players playing in positions and knowing where they are meant to be, where their team mates will be, what your team mate is meant to be doing etc. Like with Ayling, many would look and say he is out of position but it was all part of a plan to get him into areas which make it hard for him to be picked up but also causes confusion for the opposition and in turn can create more space and time for team mates. The better teams have plans everywhere, mini games within the game to try to create space. What we have now is a team devoid of ideas and it showed last night as we huffed and puffed but had no imagination, no ideas of what to do when we had the ball because we weren't playing as a team for each other, we had no real plans, nobody making a run and getting the pass that had been worked on in training.

We simply have a coach who is to some degree a Garry Monk version 2 telling the to lump it into areas and try to win the second ball in a dangerous area and that is not good enough. For a long time it worked last season but that was because we were strong at the back, had a keeper making crucial saves and we were clinical when we had the chances.

Things may have stopped working under TC as the player's limitations were exposed but given time and bringing in 2 or 3 better players and we could have had something beautiful - a team playing easy on the eye football and winning matches by outplaying the opposition and not simply because we scored our chance and they missed theirs.

Whether or not TC was the manager who could have achieved this we don't know but I would have loved to have seen him be properly backed and be given a chance with a team of players he wanted because when he, oh so briefly, got it right it gave me the sort of hope about this club of ours that I have not had since the midpoint of our League 1 promotion season - then we had a defensively resolute team under SG playing some great football and looking certainties for promotion as champions, a team that made me believe we could go to Old Trafford in the cup and actually win, sadly like with all things Leeds the brief euphoria and hope was snuffed out in the blink of an eye.
You're right about Phillips , he was on fire early season, now he looks like the Kalvin we all know.
We've missed the energy & running of Ayling.

I ask the question again

How does Hecky get results with this squad as no matter what team he picks we'd have players in the side with serious limitations & would be carrying passengers as we have done for much of this season ?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:45 pm You're right about Phillips , he was on fire early season, now he looks like the Kalvin we all know.
We've missed the energy & running of Ayling.

I ask the question again

How does Hecky get results with this squad as no matter what team he picks we'd have players in the side with serious limitations & would be carrying passengers as we have done for much of this season ?
Fulham-wrongly disallowed goal, we win.
Boro-comfortably beat them should have been more
Derby-should have atleast got a draw, could have won we had the chances first half
Bristol City-battered them at there place, could have been 6
Wolves away-2nd best 1st half but came back in 2nd, got a goal back looked most likely to score next.

Sorry, but there is no excuse for the way we have played under Heckingbottom, the man has made us defensively worse, the football is worse, we look clueless all over the pitch, he has brought a relegation managers mentality. TC got slaughtered for taking Lassie off vs Cardiff, Hecky did exactly the same yesterday. He persists with Anita at left back, for 3 games he has been torn apart, his solution was to bring Sacko to protect him which is nonsense. He didnt start Alioski, why? Because if he had he would have looked a fool for taking him off at half time vs Boro. So scapegoated Alioski again to justify his own decisions. He keeps telling us "we are where we deserve to be" . . except as proven above we can compete against better sides, he has been shockingly bad and yes we are now further away from the playoffs then ever before.

Maybe the players arent good enough, but atleast TC got more out of them. Cant stand Heckingbottom, his interviews annoy me, his tactics annoy me, HE annoys me, he is a crap manager as the Barnsley fans will testify and the sooner he is gone the better off we will be.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:57 pm Fulham-wrongly disallowed goal, we win.
Boro-comfortably beat them should have been more
Derby-should have atleast got a draw, could have won we had the chances first half
Bristol City-battered them at there place, could have been 6
Wolves away-2nd best 1st half but came back in 2nd, got a goal back looked most likely to score next.
Blimey the last of those matches goes back to November

We had one decent spell CJay, you keep clutching at a handful of matches

Over the season under Christiansen & Hecky we've been very poor

The squad is simply not good enough, serious limitations with many of our players
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:40 pm Blimey the last of those matches goes back to November

We had one decent spell CJay, you keep clutching at a handful of matches

Over the season under Christiansen & Hecky we've been very poor

The squad is simply not good enough, serious limitations with many of our players
It isnt good enough no. But Hecky has made us worse thats my point, cant for the life of me understand why anyone defends him.

My tactical thread explains my main issue with him, aside from the crap on the pitch it ruined a perfectly acceptable long term philosophy.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:47 pm It isnt good enough no. But Hecky has made us worse thats my point, cant for the life of me understand why anyone defends him.

My tactical thread explains my main issue with him, aside from the crap on the pitch it ruined a perfectly acceptable long term philosophy.
I'm not defending him, just think he has walked into an impossible job as would apply to any manager Radz had employed
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:58 pm I'm not defending him, just think he has walked into an impossible job as would apply to any manager Radz had employed
Said it when he arrived say it again . . He couldn't inspire Barnsley to better, he had no hope doing it to us.

Its not impossible to inspire this team . TC did it . . He did it down to 10 men against Millwall, 2nd half vs Wolves etc.

Yes it may be a while ago but it can be done . Just bot by out of there depth twats from Barnsley.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:07 pm Said it when he arrived say it again . . He couldn't inspire Barnsley to better, he had no hope doing it to us.

Its not impossible to inspire this team . TC did it . . He did it down to 10 men against Millwall, 2nd half vs Wolves etc.

Yes it may be a while ago but it can be done . Just both by out of there depth twats from Barnsley.
For 15/20 minute periods only, that's the mentality/attitude of our players. We lost both those games
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:10 pm For 15/20 minute periods only, that's the mentality/attitude of our players. We lost both those games
Lost against Sheffield United but apparently that was an improvement.

5 minutes would have been something against Boro and Wolves. . . . . .

Sorry tipped me over the edge, cant imagine how annoying it must be watching live.

Those 2 performances were pathetic and no excuse for the ineptitude in tactics, selection, substitutions, effort.

Some down to the players but all i saw on the touchline was a PE teacher out of his depth.

And breaaaathe
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

With you 100% Cjay - PH has taken a faltering side and made them far worse. We were a side lacking a bit in confidence and suffering through a bizarre run of sendings off. With 11 on the pitch, for example, in the second half v Millwall would we have ran out of steam? We have gotten much worse very quickly in our last few matches.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Not sure head butting and spitting rank under bizarre ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"