Oh heck.....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Oh heck.....

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:51 am If you go back you'll discover the minute we let Monk go that we'd need at least one more rebuild season. It's probably going to be longer now that was a massive step back. Looks like Monks 75 points would easily make the playoffs this season..bad luck that
As I say I think we were three decent players away under Monk, we require much more now & should we lose Pontus, Saiz or Hernandez we'll need even more of a re-build

Fingers-crossed things will improve next season but right now I'm not optimistic whatsoever
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

1964white wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:44 am Can you recall our conversations last season when we thought this would be our year Nick ?
We said at that time we required 3 or 4 decent signings to make us serious promotion candidates, unfortunately everything we wished for didn't materialise :(

All went pear-shape when we lost Monk, Bartley, Wood & Taylor
I do indeed, Leon, and I truly believed that to be the case. instead of adding 3 or 4 to what we had, we lost the players you mention and Monk. Perhaps Monk wasn't such a great loss, he didn't pull up any trees with a better squad at Boro, but losing Bartley, Wood, Taylor AND Green left us in far worse shape than we had hoped. Players move on, of course, but we did not adequately replace those we lost, contrary to what Radz and Orta might claim. Another damp squib of a season
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Its really depressing.

It seemed so simple at the end of last season.
Keep/replace Wood with decent quality . .
Sign or replace Bartley with equal quality.
Replace Charlie Taylor.
A playmaker in midfield.
Couple of players to help Pablo.
Once Monk left replace and stick with it.

We waited until January to do two of those things, we didnt do 1 of those things and we sacked Monks replacement for someone with a different philosophy whose only plus side seems to be "he's an honest young manager from Yorkshire".

How could Radz and Orta have got it so wrong :(
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:24 pm How could Radz and Orta have got it so wrong :(
Businessmen Cjay

Football owners - Clueless :(
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Never easy to re shuffle

Replace Wood = Lassoga,
Replace Bartley = Pennington, a rated Everton starlet.
Replace Taylor - that got ignored agreed
Play maker in mid = Saiz/Klich, we got two
Pablo help = Not sure if you mean winger or another playmaker in mid. but = Alioski and Roofe already here
Replace and stick = How long do you stick with a losing formula.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:42 pm Never easy to re shuffle

Replace Wood = Lassoga,
Lassie has had very little football and had no pre season, we needed another alternative. Perhaps Ekuban but he has had injury problems and we signed a crock in January while proven quality went elsewhere
Replace Bartley = Pennington, a rated Everton starlet.
Not rated enough for Everton to keep him like Holgate, certainly wasnt a quality replacement for Bartley, just a cheap one
Replace Taylor - that got ignored agreed
Play maker in mid = Saiz/Klich, we got two
Thinking more Forshaw and Klich. TC didnt fancy Klich for whatever reason and Orta was happy enough to loan him out and spend 4mil on a replacement. Which makes no sense.

Pablo help = Not sure if you mean winger or another playmaker in mid. but = Alioski and Roofe already here.
Meant more Ali and Saiz, Roofe had flattered to deceive last season so was risky to rely on him. Wasting money on Cibicki and Sacko, could have got 1 decent winger/forward for that.
Replace and stick = How long do you stick with a losing formula. Unless your replacing it with better then you may as well stick. Rather then covering up your own failings by scapegoating someone else. Hecky will be next.
Oh and i forgot about the Rob Green situation and signing players on big 4 year contracts based on a few games. Philips, Cooper, O'Kane, were there a cue of teams chomping at the bit to take them away, doubts it. More PR.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

1964white wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:59 pm Another fine mess we're in

After tonight's results

We are now 13th in the championship :(
lol...anyone self-deluded enough to talk about play-offs anymore?
If the Heck was appointed in regard to keeping our play-off chances alive,
then one can sack him now.

Some teams are as was predictable gathering momentum (Fulham, Villa, Middlesbrough.)

22`000 for todays game would seem a lot...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

fred wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:12 pm lol...anyone self-deluded enough to talk about play-offs anymore?
If the Heck was appointed in regard to keeping our play-off chances alive,
then one can sack him now.

Some teams are as was predictable gathering momentum (Fulham, Villa, Middlesbrough.)

22`000 for todays game would seem a lot...
Should be more than that as we have 21k season-ticket holders although I read many regulars are not going tonight
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

1964white wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:45 pm Should be more than that as we have 21k season-ticket holders although I read many regulars are not going tonight
21`000...a pity their expectations weren`t fullfilled. Will be less season ticket holders next season, I`m afraid. This years attendances were quite awesome and for me not quite understandable. Even ater the second bad run and our play-off chances vanishing fast, the attendences remained high...find it hard to explain, but nice to see the fans coming IF they can believe something is changing for the better.